Nutrients what are you using? Need advice here.

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gaboi42

gaboi42

My bottle of Gold leaf arrived today. It's supposed to be ph stable, declhlorinate the water, and have readily available trace nutes.. pretty pricey and I've never run it b4 but it sounded legit and I want to run a simple nute program this time around. I've got 2 sickly plant I'm nursing now, and some new ladies in route via royal mail,
20201111 200723
so it will be a while before I can give a good update on how it works. I do like beastie and cha-ching...I used to run those 2 (not at once) with H&G A+B plus bloombastic and got great results

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

use the cheapest compete 12 mineral containing you can get .
there is not difference in fertilizer base . all formulas comes from the same 8 to 10 possible sources ( calcium nitrate , monopotassium phosphate etc)
master blend is excellent for veg .I am not 100 % sure if they have a bloom but it would be easy to adjust for bloom . dont pay for water .get them dry and make stock solutions.
the only reason they make 2 parts is to keep them calcium away from the phosphate and sulphate. calcium ( usually calcium nitrate) reacts with phosphorus ( usually monopotassium phosphate) to form water insoluble calcium phosphate . there is no reason for cal mag at all. calcium and magnesium are 70% + of all water sources ec and calcium deficiency is extremely rare. Ca Mg and S are all around 200 ppm 100ppm and 200ppm .
it does not change much .I have grown 30 years and this whole call mag craze is just new . there Is no reason 5o have ANY supplement that is part of your nutrition solution. these supplements are meant for field cultivation where you can't change all.th4 nutrients. a supplement here , a supplement these. nitrogen fixating bacteria doing their thing. but. none of that is necessary inside in posts .got a problem? flush your medium with a 12 mineral complete solution all at once. push out the old and replace it with new.

gaboi42

gaboi42

use the cheapest compete 12 mineral containing you can get .
there is not difference in fertilizer base . all formulas comes from the same 8 to 10 possible sources ( calcium nitrate , monopotassium phosphate etc)
master blend is excellent for veg .I am not 100 % sure if they have a bloom but it would be easy to adjust for bloom . dont pay for water .get them dry and make stock solutions.
the only reason they make 2 parts is to keep them calcium away from the phosphate and sulphate. calcium ( usually calcium nitrate) reacts with phosphorus ( usually monopotassium phosphate) to form water insoluble calcium phosphate . there is no reason for cal mag at all. calcium and magnesium are 70% + of all water sources ec and calcium deficiency is extremely rare. Ca Mg and S are all around 200 ppm 100ppm and 200ppm .
it does not change much .I have grown 30 years and this whole call mag craze is just new . there Is no reason 5o have ANY supplement that is part of your nutrition solution. these supplements are meant for field cultivation where you can't change all.th4 nutrients. a supplement here , a supplement these. nitrogen fixating bacteria doing their thing. but. none of that is necessary inside in posts .got a problem? flush your medium with a 12 mineral complete solution all at once. push out the old and replace it with new.
Thanks for the info.. very detailed response...makes sense!

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I think I'm going to go the way of organic. Looks so much simpler and less feedings, just top amend and water. I'm over mixing ferts several times a week to feed plants.

I'm looking at worm castings, 4-4-4 slow, release, and 3-9-4 in a small amount for veg (with autos) mixed into initial soil making and then one more top amend at week 4, and then worm castings, smaller dose of 4-4-4 and a larger 3-9-4 bloom booster week 6-7, then every 2 weeks after til week 12 worm castings and 3-9-4 only. Week 12-17 just water to flush all top amended ferts out before harvest.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I think I'm going to go the way of organic. Looks so much simpler and less feedings, just top amend and water. I'm over mixing ferts several times a week to feed plants.

I'm looking at worm castings, 4-4-4 slow, release, and 3-9-4 in a small amount for veg (with autos) mixed into initial soil making and then one more top amend at week 4, and then worm castings, smaller dose of 4-4-4 and a larger 3-9-4 bloom booster week 6-7, then every 2 weeks after til week 12 worm castings and 3-9-4 only. Week 12-17 just water to flush all top amended ferts out before harvest.

Just keep a bottle of liquid organics or something fast acting on the shelf just incase you get into a pinch.

Aparks88

Aparks88

I am currently growing in FF soil with FF trio along with Cal-mag and a few other FF additives. Seems overly complicated and looking for something a little easier to use.

I am welcoming all info and will research any products dropped on this post. Just really looking for something a little less time consuming.

I’m using foxfarm as well, love it

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I’m using foxfarm as well, love it
You love mixing different amounts depending on what stage your plants in or needs? I dug it at first but am now at my 3rd grow simultaneously and need an easier way. Want an easier way. And looking like organic may be it.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Liquid organics?

Doesn't have to be, but if you want to stay organic. I just mean I have hit an early fade with dry amendments plenty of times especially in containers, so its good to have something fast acting for emergencies.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Doesn't have to be, but if you want to stay organic. I just mean I have hit an early fade with dry amendments plenty of times especially in containers, so its good to have something fast acting for emergencies.
I was asking about it because I have never heard about it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like running Pbp grow all the way through from start to finish would suit you well. Its basically a one bottle wonder, and organic based. I can attest it works great on its own.
Floranova series works good too as a one part.
Im using and liking Earth juice but its not nearly as simple to use as something like pure blend pro..

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Sounds like running Pbp grow all the way through from start to finish would suit you well. Its basically a one bottle wonder, and organic based. I can attest it works great on its own.
Floranova series works good too as a one part.
Im using and liking Earth juice but its not nearly as simple to use as something like pure blend pro..

More good options ^

These would also work as your backup bottle if you go the dry amendment route.

Top Bottom