Oakland ready to approve four marijuana factories

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

keyplay

They are acting against their own city attorney's advice because what they propose violates even state law. But the Oakland City Council isn't exactly known for following the letter of the law.

Just try to audit Oakland CEDA (building department).

Keyplay, just wait til you find out just how corrupt Nancy is. Antoinette Renwick...?

I probably stand corrected...a politician is a politician. I did help her gain her seat from the much worse Natalie Bayton a dozen years ago. I guess she was a virgin politician hopeful then and I couldn't stand Bayton. As for CEDA, I've had my nightmare with those ignorant fucks....the left hand never knows or doesn't care what the right is doing.

Its amazing how quiet the Dellums camp is on all this

K

keyplay

Yes and that city is called San Francisco. They refuse to let big business take over their city. The PEOPLE of SF will not tolerate it.

I really think prop 19 is going to fail. There are too many conservative people in California not too mention all the growers who are in opposition to it.

I think we need to get the information out there to all our friends. Get it to the clubs and have pamphlets for them to distribute to patients. Educate people on what they want to do. Lets get the ball rolling on stopping this from passing. Lets get some anti prop 19 propaganda rolling here. Next week I will work on a pdf and make it available for people to print out so they can take it down to the local clubs. If we raise awareness when it comes time to vote......we will win!

I think San Fran picks and chooses....they have Costco...hahahah

And I will celebrate when and if this prop 19 fails

B

bdakind

Oakland is breaking California AND Federal law. I don't see it passing in Nov, and even if it does they are rubbing it in the feds faces where it is still highly illegal. I think they will get raided as soon as they are up and running. The Oakland city officials are paid off but I cannot see the feds being paid off. I wouldn't be surprised if Dispensary owners put a fund together to pay a lobby group and a team of lawyers to pressure the DEA to respond. Vote no. Why Vote to pay taxes on something that is not taxed, seems backwards to me. Cali does not have a problem with income, it has a problem with spending. I would only vote to Cut spending and lower taxes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Direct pay-offs doesn't quite seem to be how it works, bdak.
I probably stand corrected...a politician is a politician. I did help her gain her seat from the much worse Natalie Bayton a dozen years ago. I guess she was a virgin politician hopeful then and I couldn't stand Bayton. As for CEDA, I've had my nightmare with those ignorant fucks....the left hand never knows or doesn't care what the right is doing.

Its amazing how quiet the Dellums camp is on all this
Keyplay, if you've been affected by CEDA, then please go to this site: http://auditoaklandceda.com

If you want to know what I know about the folks who run the site, just shoot me a pm.

You made me chuckle with the Dellum remark. Lindheim will get to it as soon as he can!

H

halitzor

Dear citizens of Oakland,

Burn these warehouses down regularly.

Thanks

I

inline6

just incase anyone forgot

The sentence of death can be carried out on a defendant who has been found guilty of manufacturing, importing or distributing a controlled substance if the act was committed as part of a continuing criminal enterprise – but only if the defendant is (1) the principal administrator, organizer, or leader of the enterprise or is one of several such principal administrators, organizers, or leaders, and (2) the quantity of the controlled substance is 60,000 kilograms or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of marijuana, or 60,000 or more marijuana plants, or the if the enterprise received more than $20 million in gross receipts during any 12-month period of its existence.

this is federal law, and they are trying to raise well above 20M in taxes annually, let alone total gross....good luck with all that Rich, or should i call you DICK!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
We all need to keep this message going and make our fellow growers aware. Seamaiden has made some really good points lets keep this on top.JACK

C

cali2

I think there will still be a market for good clean product from small growers. Once these wharehouses get a mite,aphid or powder infestation they're fucked. They will have to use real pesticides to get rid of these pests wich in my opion will make the product unfit for consumption or should be unfit especially if it suppoesd to be for medical use. Now if they get some outdoor production going like in the central valley or another good place for agriculture then we might be up shit creek. But thats not even relevant to this conversation really so whatever. Generally speaking I think smaller operations equal better quality control.

K

keyplay

I think there will still be a market for good clean product from small growers.....................................................................Generally speaking I think smaller operations equal better quality control.

Right thought, bro. But Dick and company are trying to make as much money as quickly as possible. Something we don't get to do growing quality medicine in manageable numbers.

C

cali2

Let them flood the market with subpar poisoned bug infested shit. If any of these dispensaries actually give a shit about thier patients they wont dispense it.

G

Grass Roots

I think there will still be a market for good clean product from small growers. Once these wharehouses get a mite,aphid or powder infestation they're fucked. They will have to use real pesticides to get rid of these pests wich in my opion will make the product unfit for consumption or should be unfit especially if it suppoesd to be for medical use. Now if they get some outdoor production going like in the central valley or another good place for agriculture then we might be up shit creek. But thats not even relevant to this conversation really so whatever. Generally speaking I think smaller operations equal better quality control.

I live in the Central Valley in the heart of farm land...a nice crop can be grown in the valley if it is cared for properly...but there is still a major issue with mites and whiteflies in these part not to mention all the other critters that can attack a crop...this is why we see the crop dusters spraying and the farmers hitting the crops with pesticides, they still gotta control the pest...and this means the over spray could possibly hit the cannabis crops that are near....

One way to solve this would be to grow in green houses with proper ventilation and filtration...

Peace
GR

E

edux10

dont worry, they will just radiate the product before they sell it to us.:evilgrin0040::worried

B

bdakind

I think large grows can very easily maintain high quality.. There is no logical reason why this is not attainable. Just hire knowledgeable staff and automate... I have been growing for 18 years and am still learning but... most of my errors throughout my life could have been prevented with a low paid helper and a larger initial investment. This is not rocket science, up until this point it has only been people who believe in what they are doing with the balls to do it. As soon as gov backed big biz gets involved the party will be over.

E

edux10

I think large grows can very easily maintain high quality.. There is no logical reason why this is not attainable. Just hire knowledgeable staff and automate... I have been growing for 18 years and am still learning but... most of my errors throughout my life could have been prevented with a low paid helper and a larger initial investment. This is not rocket science, up until this point it has only been people who believe in what they are doing with the balls to do it. As soon as gov backed big biz gets involved the party will be over.

even if they could grow a good product, i dobut they will know about any good strains. most growers are not as advanced as growers on the farm.

my guess is that if this happens (prop 19/huge med grows owned by a few people) we will see prices like when the SoCal dispensarys started a few years ago, $60 an 8ths status, and someone (very few big companies) are going to be making a big profit and pay a small tax. Just because it is legal doesnt mean the price is going to fall for some reason, they are going to get the most they can get for it.

G

Grass Roots

my guess is that if this happens (prop 19/huge med grows owned by a few people) we will see prices like when the SoCal dispensarys started a few years ago, $60 an 8ths status, and someone (very few big companies) are going to be making a big profit and pay a small tax. Just because it is legal doesnt mean the price is going to fall for some reason, they are going to get the most they can get for it.

You got it...they will keep the prices as high as they can, partly to recover the initial investment and the other will part will be to generate as much profit as possible.

E

edux10

You got it...they will keep the prices as high as they can, partly to recover the initial investment and the other will part will be to generate as much profit as possible.

it would be cool if anyone could make a marijuana business and pay taxes on their earnings but this is not the case. These big operations will set the prices for everyone. Even the street price could raise. If the big ops have shitty weed for more expensive then the black market will follow suit and demand more for their better herb.

I really dont see these big time county ops growing anything too great. I see them wanting to produce it for cheap and make as much as they can off it. Especally if there is a huge risk involved (getting raided by FEDS) this isnt going to be bargin prices for krypto herbs. no way.

sorry for all the replys guys, just have a lot going thru my head about all this, it will really effect every smoker in the state and even country/world to some extent. I have been hearing it over and over again, that CA is the governments playground for new weed laws, they try it here first and if it goes good, other states follow suit. We dont need to government controlling or herb. Decrim the shit and just have no laws around it whatsoever. If someone want to profit off it, then pay the FEDS to make sure they are paying the right amount of tax for their earning and that is it. Im all for giving the government a chunk, but not just on the retail level. We need to be able to grow for ourselves, like in prop 215.:character0050::character0050::party0045:

G

greenfingerz

govt. Regulation and mandates are exactly what we dont need regardless of industry.

prop 19 and this wharehouse thing in oakland seams like an attempt to monopolize the market.

ive read prop 19 makes it where you must buy weed from these licensed wharehouses and pay taxes ontop of high prices; if you dont grow it yourself, or suffer the same consequence's u get today. so no buying your buddys homegrown

S

starzandskarz

ok so one question i have not been able to have answered, under prop 19 they say 25 sq ft area per person or per household? anybody have any idea?

Latest posts

Top Bottom