OG Kush Leaves

• Thread starter Aloko212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aloko212

Hey farmers. Made the switch to coco recently and switched to a strain I've never grown, its a cross between skywalker og x some other og not 100% sure. Recently my plants been having some leaf tacoing going on. I am unfamiliar with the strain and coco plus I never had tacoing occur so I just wanted to get some info. I have searched and so far I have heard people say tacoing can be because of heat stress, humidity, underfert, overfert and I know OG's are a finicky strain but I am stumped. I have 18 ladies vegging under 1kw mh which is 2 feet from tops, ac keeps the room around 77, dehu keeps rh at 50-55, and co2 is around 700. Plants are in 3 gallon pots running coco, feeding them at 850 ppm .700 scale (ec 1.2) watering daily to runoff ph'd to 5.8-6, with 5-6 ml of calmag (I have RO water). Runoff is running about 50-100ppm lower than what is going in. Oh and some plants have slight purple stem, but again never grew the strain so not sure if that is genetics playing its part. Here are some of the worst ladies, some have more tacoing than others and some have non whatsoever. Also looks like some may be showing nitrogen toxicity right?

Og kush leaves
Og kush leaves 2
Og kush leaves 3
Og kush leaves 4

Any insight is greatly appreciated

urban1026835

urban1026835

would say considering you just made the switch to coco, and the curl/purp stems would think mag def. are you adding any mag to your nutrients or lime to your coco?

If I dont add round a gram per gallon of epson to my feedings in coco I start to see deficiencies rather quickly in certain strains.

IMO try adding some epson to your feedings and see if that fixes it as you seem to have everything else in check. If oit doesn't I have never seen anyone hurt their plants with epson.

A

Aloko212

would say considering you just made the switch to coco, and the curl/purp stems would think mag def. are you adding any mag to your nutrients or lime to your coco?

If I dont add round a gram per gallon of epson to my feedings in coco I start to see deficiencies rather quickly in certain strains.

IMO try adding some epson to your feedings and see if that fixes it as you seem to have everything else in check. If oit doesn't I have never seen anyone hurt their plants with epson.

I am using about 6 ml of Botanicare calmag, so should I increase my calmag rate or supplement with epsom? Thanks for your quick response btw.

urban1026835

urban1026835

hmm well I am stumped because I would think that would take care of it but I just use epson anymore. Sure someone else will chime in that is more knowledgeable than I am.

A

Aloko212

hmm well I am stumped because I would think that would take care of it but I just use epson anymore. Sure someone else will chime in that is more knowledgeable than I am.
No worries! Would you happen to have any input on whether or not this can be caused by overfert? Currently running 1.2 ec

A

Aloko212

Humidity or broad mites. What's rh? Night and day?
I just gave them a look over with my 30x loop, didn't see a thing move. I had my dehu set to 60% but I thought that might of been high so I lowered to 50%. Rh sits at 45-60 depending on how long ago i watered. Should I just hit them with some neem or h2o2 foliar spray anyways?

A

Aloko212

OG's will throw freakshow leaves like that sometimes if ph is off messing with uptake, especially fire / sfv type og cuts . They'll grow out of it ...
I have been vegging for a few weeks always watering with 5.8 ph, but my runoff is more around 6.1. I have read mixed things about runoff ph because the coco cations some nutes so I have not really been thinking about the discrepancy. So should I be shooting for my runoff ph closer to 5.8?

Tnelz

Tnelz

I have been vegging for a few weeks always watering with 5.8 ph, but my runoff is more around 6.1. I have read mixed things about runoff ph because the coco cations some nutes so I have not really been thinking about the discrepancy. So should I be shooting for my runoff ph closer to 5.8?
Do not worry about runoff pH in Coco. Only thing u should check in runoff is ppm. Not sure if this was answered but it could be heat. Nit o mention the overall finickyness of ogs!

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Have you sprayed them with sillica or oil based pest control? They may need a good washing.
IMO:
If you have everything else right and they just aren't happy improve air flow and give them a few days of spring water and ryzotonic folier spray. Then ease back in at 75% with a complete and balanced nutrient mix. I've mixed nutrients before adding water before. Took me weeks to acquire a slap to the forehead realization of what I was doing.

Peace and Love, You will get it. I love coco. I can advise on the canna line but not botanicare.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Do not worry about runoff pH in Coco. Only thing u should check in runoff is ppm. Not sure if this was answered but it could be heat. Nit o mention the overall finickyness of ogs!
I like to feed around 5.8 and if runoff comes out at 6.1-6.3 I know they're up taking. So I don't knkw that the advice you gave is correct. When food is off ph drops lower than run in. Very crucial imo

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

The rhizosphere is usuall .2-.3 difference hence the jump.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The rhizosphere is usuall .2-.3 difference hence the jump.
If it works for u that's cool brother. But it's not my advice. It's the overall general concensus that checking the runoff pH of a Coco plant can be misleading in the very least. U get a much better idea on what going on by checking runoff ppm. This is strictly with Coco.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

If it works for u that's cool brother. But it's not my advice. It's the overall general concensus that checking the runoff pH of a Coco plant can be misleading in the very least. U get a much better idea on what going on by checking runoff ppm. This is strictly with Coco.
They correspond with one another if ph isn't checked by week 4-5 shit gets fucked and yield suffers from drift. I've been rocking coco since I started and this IS what works. I'd hate for someone to get lazy and fuck up their grow.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I steadily achieve and show 1gpw for several grows now. I'm pretty sure it's working. Show me someone else doing the same

Tnelz

Tnelz

I steadily achieve and show 1gpw for several grows now. I'm pretty sure it's working. Show me someone else doing the same
As I said if it works for you bro much respect. I don't have any problem with u checking ur runoff pH. And much props on your yeild obviously u kill it. But checking pH in Coco runoff doesn't give you the Sam info as checking runoff pH in soil. This isn't a Tnelz thing friggin ed Rosenthal would say that same as would most Coco growers. Not something I want to debate. I've been growing successfully in Coco for quite some time myself. I stopped checking runoff pH in my Coco plants long ago and have had zero issues. So again I'll say I really respect your growing prowess bro but you do not get an accurate measure of what's going on in ur rhizosphere by checking cocos runoff pH.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I definitely don't want to debate because you seem set in your method. Just don't be lazy people check all. Observe the plant. I know what works for me though.

Top Bottom