Ogbiowar And R-dwc(plzpostyourteas) And Uses!

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Ok placed my order today and wanted to be completely prepared as ive never really used bennies in my life..

I have read thru the threads and have to say its kinda hard reading thru every one of them hopeing to catch hints of uses that pertain to my particular style of grow. Recirculating DWC, i figured it would be nice to have one thread specifically dedicated to RDWC so plz help out and post up your Teas and Uses if u feel it will help out..

What im looking to do is essentialy run my whole entire 80 gallong rez on these bennies as well as use these bennies for regular res changes as well as topoffs..
I am looking to make huge batches prolly have at least 2x55 gallon drums ready and brewing at all times to achieve what i am trying to achieve.
What id like to know is it necessary to change out my res weekly once im useing Ogbiowar?
How would i go about brewing large quantities of tea to achieve what i am trying to achieve?
Will these bennies breed themselves once established in my containers, if so whats the best way to breed these bennies once the colonies are established in my reservoirs?
I am totally new to beneficial bacteria so plz excuse me if these are STUPID questions but i have to ask.

Also can this be used as a foliar spray?
Or is there a better foliar use to combat pests?

I have a zillion questions but ill start here.

Plz share your knowledge and lets make an awesome thread for peeps that share our same RDWC questions and concerns.
Thanks, Paper

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1-2 cups tea per 5 gallons from the OG tea recipe. Simple. Done.

Foliar: mix it 50/50 with water. Find my magic bullet thread there are details there for a very good foliar.

You should change your res once every 7-10 days with or without Biowar.

you do not need a 55 gallon drum of tea to supply an 80 gal res. That is way overkill. You only need a gallon of tea for 80 gallons of res water.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Awesome thanks cap i will check out the magic bullet thread ive been trying to go thru them all.

I wanted to premake batches for daily topping of and weekly res changes..
Veg side is single stand alone dwc buckets and they drink alot daily so i will prolly need a good 20 -30 gallons a day for top offs...
Or would u suggest plain water topoffs?

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yes useing the tea in the Og tea thread i was planning on only makeing the gallon for a 100 gallons like suggested but i guess what im trying to get at is i wanted to keep fresh batches of the dilluted ready abd in drums for top offs and foliar feeds...
Or would u advise against adding more bennies after the initial weekly res changes?
Hope i explained that right.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Awesome thanks cap i will check out the magic bullet thread ive been trying to go thru them all.

I wanted to premake batches for daily topping of and weekly res changes..
Veg side is single stand alone dwc buckets and they drink alot daily so i will prolly need a good 20 -30 gallons a day for top offs...
Or would u suggest plain water topoffs?

No pre make. make it and use it. Do not let it sit around. Don't bubble your tea for too long. I do 24 hours max. I wouldnt go longer than 48.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

No pre make. make it and use it. Do not let it sit around. Don't bubble your tea for too long. I do 24 hours max. I wouldnt go longer than 48.
Ok glad i started this thread lol i was confused i thought i had read it was ok to premake becuz it allows for the colonies to breed and grow before applying it to the res but i guess i mis comprehended that part..

Is it ok to make small batches for topoffs in between res changes or is that also not necessary?
Sounds like alot less work than i had thought im already digging it!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ok glad i started this thread lol i was confused i thought i had read it was ok to premake becuz it allows for the colonies to breed and grow before applying it to the res but i guess i mis comprehended that part..

Is it ok to make small batches for topoffs in between res changes or is that also not necessary?
Sounds like alot less work than i had thought im already digging it!

brewing a tea allows some colonies to develop, but if you let it brew too long you will lose diversity and could possibly go anaerobic eventually.

Only need to apply once every 7-10 days. I like to apply the day after a res change.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

And where off :)

So what i took from the tea thread was 5 grams/gallon of foliar and root pack in equal parts.

1 gallon should innoculate 100 gallons in my rdwc res?

Also this is the tea i can use as root and plant drench at full strength (no dillution) for bad infestations?

Check it out, what i already like about this is it comes clean, zero dyes out of the bag already looks healthy for my plants to eat.. Any dwc grower is sketchy about putting wierd shyt in the res i know i am.
I think where off to a good start.
CAM00319

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thats it. Add 20Ml unsuphured black strap molasses to the gallon of "tea" and a cup of EWC. bubble the shit out of it for 24 hours or so.

You can also just add the packs to water. sometimes I just throw a few tablespoons in my res.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Im guessing the bennies feed from the mollases and colonize dureing that time?

Im very sketchy about useing mollases in my system thats why i left that part of the recipe out but if your saying its beneficial to achieve what im trying to achieve than im down bro.

Keep in mind im brand new to the beneficial microbe world really up till now ive been kinda strictly all about the sterile thing but i do see how this has its advantages especially for BUGS.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

brewing a tea allows some colonies to develop, but if you let it brew too long you will lose diversity and could possibly go anaerobic eventually.

Only need to apply once every 7-10 days. I like to apply the day after a res change.

Totally kinda off subject again sorta but can i make batches of your condensed tea and freeze it and dethaw the frozen packets in dechlorinated water to use at later times u know so its already to go and be used as needed or will vac sealing and freezing kill the colonies rendering the tea useless? Id just like to be ahead of the game if u feel me.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
bwahahahha.

Glad to see you are having success. the ORIGINAL biological warfare.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well i have some badass pix but my pic uploader isnt working so ill get back to it great news tho totally bummed i cant get shit right on this edit and uploading shyt..

To be continued!
Peace!!!!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well i have some badass pix but my pic uploader isnt working so ill get back to it great news tho totally bummed i cant get shit right on this edit and uploading shyt..

To be continued!
Peace!!!!

cant wait to see them/ :)

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

cant wait to see them/ :)
Hey bro still no cam good enuff to show what i wanna show altho i will snatch a pic of some roots next time i get a chance man. No signs of bugs at all period! Thanks again.

I have a fast question is there something in the ogbiowar bennies that works systemicly like the bennies themselves? Or some kinda bio insecticide? Idk if thats a dumb question idk how bennies work or if urs just work different?
I ask bucuz i havent sprayed anything since i got rid of the bugs!
However i have been keeping up with the root/foliar combo in my res weekly diligently and sometimes twice a week if i have to do a quick res change!
Shits nice bro plants are loveing the new routine this will be my first real round with them and i do see a major improvement but then again i have changed alot of things up and got back on the ball!
Peace n thanks in advance

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey bro still no cam good enuff to show what i wanna show altho i will snatch a pic of some roots next time i get a chance man. No signs of bugs at all period! Thanks again.

I have a fast question is there something in the ogbiowar bennies that works systemicly like the bennies themselves? Or some kinda bio insecticide? Idk if thats a dumb question idk how bennies work or if urs just work different?
I ask bucuz i havent sprayed anything since i got rid of the bugs!
However i have been keeping up with the root/foliar combo in my res weekly diligently and sometimes twice a week if i have to do a quick res change!
Shits nice bro plants are loveing the new routine this will be my first real round with them and i do see a major improvement but then again i have changed alot of things up and got back on the ball!
Peace n thanks in advance

Well, since you asked.... Yes of course. I will tell you about one species in the root pack called pseudomonas flourescens that will travel through the vascular system of the plant and will not only cause the plant to activate it's SAR (systemic acquired resistance), but it will create salicylic acid as a byproduct of its metabolic processes, which will protect the plant against all sorts of bad shit.

There are other species in the root pack that will also work from the inside out, and then there are species that will colonize on the outside and create a protective barrier so that the baddies can't get a foothold.

This is why I always preach consistency. If you apply every 7-10 days you should not have any more issues. The best part is the fact that because you are introducing species that operate via physical means, there is no way for insects and pathogens to become resistant through mutation as they do with chemical products.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well, since you asked.... Yes of course. I will tell you about one species in the root pack called pseudomonas flourescens that will travel through the vascular system of the plant and will not only cause the plant to activate it's SAR (systemic acquired resistance), but it will create salicylic acid as a byproduct of its metabolic processes, which will protect the plant against all sorts of bad shit.

There are other species in the root pack that will also work from the inside out, and then there are species that will colonize on the outside and create a protective barrier so that the baddies can't get a foothold.

This is why I always preach consistency. If you apply every 7-10 days you should not have any more issues. The best part is the fact that because you are introducing species that operate via physical means, there is no way for insects and pathogens to become resistant through mutation as they do with chemical products.
Big ups bro thats knowledge right there i need to educate myself further i like shyt explained like u just did tho!
Healthy as fuck tho i will say that maybe thats what i was looking for!

sixstring

sixstring

so im reading around and im a bit confused on using this for soil,it sounds like you just use it dry on the surface and water in?no need for doing a brew?im too lazy to brew stuff but if I can just mix into soil or nutes or apply it dry as a top dress I would try the root and nute packs.i quit all my foliar spraying since I switched to jacks classics and I must say I do not miss it lol.

sixstring

sixstring

also wheres the link to the website? I swear I did some reading in the caps bennie section,but those threads are all long as hell,with tons of hydro talk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom