Ogbiowar And R-dwc(plzpostyourteas) And Uses!

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I'm about to do my first EWC tea using different bennies this first time (making it tomorrow) and ordering a kilo of root pack when I get the funds. what's the second best benny? I'm looking at roots oregonism for the mean time. Doing 1.5 tbsp per gallon Hi-brix molasses, handful of EWC per gallon, and bennies. I'm on CO mountain well for water. I have a 35 gallon cone bottom roto mold tank I snagged from a buddy and I'll be bubbling and recirculating it. Giving it 24 hours.

Question about temperature range for brewing the tea as well. My well water comes out at 42 degrees all year, what is the ideal temp range for brewing tea? I'm assuming 55-75 but tell me if that isn't correct.

I have a spare 1800 gph danner mag drive, is that total overkill for a water pump? probably making 6 gallons at a time. I read it should be "turbulent", well I think that 1800 should definitely be turbulent.

My biggest question is with the nutes being used in conjunction with the EWC tea in RDWC. I am using salt based fertilizer at the moment (GH maxi grow/bloom powder). Is it fine to run the EWC tea with salt based fertilizers like GH, jacks, ect? Please let me know if I'm hijacking or I need to start a new thread on this last topic.

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'm about to do my first EWC tea using different bennies this first time (making it tomorrow) and ordering a kilo of root pack when I get the funds. what's the second best benny? I'm looking at roots oregonism for the mean time. Doing 1.5 tbsp per gallon Hi-brix molasses, handful of EWC per gallon, and bennies. I'm on CO mountain well for water. I have a 35 gallon cone bottom roto mold tank I snagged from a buddy and I'll be bubbling and recirculating it. Giving it 24 hours.

Question about temperature range for brewing the tea as well. My well water comes out at 42 degrees all year, what is the ideal temp range for brewing tea? I'm assuming 55-75 but tell me if that isn't correct.

I have a spare 1800 gph danner mag drive, is that total overkill for a water pump? probably making 6 gallons at a time. I read it should be "turbulent", well I think that 1800 should definitely be turbulent.

My biggest question is with the nutes being used in conjunction with the EWC tea in RDWC. I am using salt based fertilizer at the moment (GH maxi grow/bloom powder). Is it fine to run the EWC tea with salt based fertilizers like GH, jacks, ect? Please let me know if I'm hijacking or I need to start a new thread on this last topic.

salts and bennies are fine together. 42 is really cold you will need to bump it up to room temp if you can. The 1800GPH is overkill for tea brewing. It's better to use an air pump to aerate your tea.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I just realized tonight that maxicrop liquid seaweed has 1% chlorine in it so I picked up age old kelp instead. Both are ascophyllum nodosum seaweed but the age old doesn't have the chlorine (or at least doesn't have it listed on the bottle). Something to take into consideration if you are throwing kelp seaweed stuff into your tea.

Top Bottom