• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
If you are getting down to 62 degrees at night sustained the whole dark period, well shit you know.
It's actually day......lights off from 10am to 10pm. It's the nature of being up this far north and up in elevation, there's such a time delay of frozen ground. It stays cold in the basement all through summer. Here it is almost the middle of June and we've put the heat on a little the last few nights. Even in August, when you walk down the stairs to the basement you can feel the cold hit you.

I know it's a little unorthodox to have it this cool, it might keep the stretching down a bit, but they're doing fine.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You all know the 1st half is easier. Give them the basics, grow healthy leaves. This all changes very soon.

Thank you..... :)
With a crop that size you’re storming the beaches of friggin Normandy. Good luck and god speed soldier 🫡

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
With a crop that size you’re storming the beaches of friggin Normandy. Good luck and god speed soldier 🫡
Ha! Well, somewhere around half gotta go real soon, leaving me with 12 females give or take. I can use some of the extra pots dirt to top off the 12, and they'll have much more space. 6' x 12', I figure 4 rows of 3 should be proper space.

I also have to time increasing the lights' power. I want to give them max energy without any burn. I can't believe I have 1 light at 40% and the other at 20%. As silly as the names of the lights are they're powerful as all heck. I'm definitely raising the 2nd light to 40% after I cull the males. I dig the spectrums combo, 1 full spectrum, the other more in the reds. I think it's like the LEDs equivalent of using 1 Metal Halide and 1 HPS.

When do I go to 60%? Let alone 80%.....I'm almost convinced that I'll never have either light at 100%.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ha! Well, somewhere around half gotta go real soon, leaving me with 12 females give or take. I can use some of the extra pots dirt to top off the 12, and they'll have much more space. 6' x 12', I figure 4 rows of 3 should be proper space.

I also have to time increasing the lights' power. I want to give them max energy without any burn. I can't believe I have 1 light at 40% and the other at 20%. As silly as the names of the lights are they're powerful as all heck. I'm definitely raising the 2nd light to 40% after I cull the males. I dig the spectrums combo, 1 full spectrum, the other more in the reds. I think it's like tge LEDs equivalent of unsung 1 Metal Halide and 1 HPS.

When do I go to 60%? Let alone 80%.....I'm almost convinced that I'll never have either light at 100%.
Hey your wallet thanks you, the most I run my lights at in my over stuffed rig, none of them go above 70% even through late flower, when I have the shelf setup like I do now, the lower shelf keeps the internodal spacing tight while feeding the proper amount of red/blues. I have to tune a little more for the top shelf though. It’s actually nice to not having cranked to 11 all the time. The lights you have, leave a giant foot print for that space. but, I digress, it’s always better to have way more than you need than not enough right?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
3 1/2 hours. I just finished. I fed them a small amount of gypsum, bone meal, and epsom salts. One male cut down. I think I've found my 3 males for breeding, but I just can't quite tell yet. I'm 90% sure which ones all the males are, but I'm not 100% yet, and there's no downside to waiting another 2 or 3 days. In the meantime I did some decent pruning on them, plus more of the very lowest leaves and scraggly branches, I turned the Rspec up to 40%, re-tied down, moved and added some clips, and rotated them all again.

66 degrees, 60% humidity

In the next few days I'll finish getting rid of the males that don't make it to breeding, and I'll list the varieties that are left. I'll start looking at what crosses I'm interested in......Blueberry x Divine Banana? White Widow x Mazar. Big Bud x Road Kill Skunk...

Pics of individual plants are the males I'm most likely keeping.

I'm tired.

20230610 021026
20230609 235140
20230609 235200
20230609 235444
20230610 004820
20230610 011719
20230610 013938
20230610 013852
20230610 013857
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey your wallet thanks you, the most I run my lights at in my over stuffed rig, none of them go above 70% even through late flower, when I have the shelf setup like I do now, the lower shelf keeps the internodal spacing tight while feeding the proper amount of red/blues. I have to tune a little more for the top shelf though. It’s actually nice to not having cranked to 11 all the time. The lights you have, leave a giant foot print for that space. but, I digress, it’s always better to have way more than you need than not enough right?
It's like having a good engine. It doesn't mean we're going to do 155. But it's nice to have a good engine......the max height the lights can be is about 6 1/2 ft off the ground. Maybe if I could hang it higher I could turn it up to 80-100% but at this distance, i wonder if 60% will be max power.

It's probably better to run a powerful light at half power than a less powerful light at max. I don't know, but I'll bet it extends the life of the lights/diodes. If I get more time before buying the next lights, then the longer-term footprint is less than if I bought new lights more frequently.......if that's what you mean. Or maybe you mean the impact of the lights on the space, their delivery power.....

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It's like having a good engine. It doesn't mean we're going to do 155. But it's nice to have a good engine......the max height the lights can be is about 6 1/2 ft off the ground. Maybe if I could hang it higher I could turn it up to 80-100% but at this distance, i wonder if 60% will be max power.

It's probably better to run a powerful light at half power than a less powerful light at max. I don't know, but I'll bet it extends the life of the lights/diodes. If I get more time before buying the next lights, then the longer-term footprint is less than if I bought new lights more frequently.......if that's what you mean. Or maybe you mean the impact of the lights on the space, their delivery power.....
I was meaning the impact on the space, the power you have, you brought a bazooka to knife fight, i like that though. As you were saying, it has to extent the lights life cycle that way. And depending on head room, at max height they most likely won’t require full blast ever at 6 1/2 feet. but that also depends on red blue light capability/height.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I was meaning the impact on the space, the power you have, you brought a bazooka to knife fight, i like that though. As you were saying, it has to extent the lights life cycle that way. And depending on head room, at max height they most likely won’t require full blast ever at 6 1/2 feet. but that also depends on red blue light capability/height.
I think I brought a bazooka to a bazooka fight..... ;)

Maybe a bazooka party....

A year ago these lights were probably the best you could get, if not technically the most powerful. I'll bet now there are lights that are 10% more powerful, maybe more. There has to be a limit thoigh. You can't hang a light 12 ft high. At some point you're wasting energy or burning the plants.

I still want to add UVB. I thunk I'm gping with Solacure, but I want to do a little more research on them as well as how they're best used. I'll probably hang it down the center between the lights, but when to add it, the best times, how long, the distance, etc. I'll do it for the next grow in the fall.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I grow under the viparspectra “p” series, they are a couple years old and haven’t lost a bit of kick. I have multiples of the 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000. My thinking was with the way I utilize my space, especially if I have sativa and indica in the same grow I like to have the ability of the small lights so I can move them when and where they need to be. It gives my a lot of options for my main space. I have like 25 mounting positions on my ceiling so I can operate that way.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I think I brought a bazooka to a bazooka fight..... ;)

Maybe a bazooka party....

A year ago these lights were probably the best you could get, if not technically the most powerful. I'll bet now there are lights that are 10% more powerful, maybe more. There has to be a limit thoigh. You can't hang a light 12 ft high. At some point you're wasting energy or burning the plants.

I still want to add UVB. I thunk I'm gping with Solacure, but I want to do a little more research on them as well as how they're best used. I'll probably hang it down the center between the lights, but when to add it, the best times, how long, the distance, etc. I'll do it for the next grow in the fall.
Yeah I was interested into the hanging omnidirectional side lights they have now too, seen them in some larger warehouse grows. That’s the one thing I really wish I had, I always get bent when I have larfy undercarriages, I would love to just let her rip those lights def make it happen. Wouldn’t need to plant as many plants with them.

S

SeedyGonzales

Hey All,

Just opened an account just for this thread. Earlier in thread you talked about skunk bud. I remember in 86 the first time a got it. 25 bucks a quarter, the strangest looking bud as well, with big calyxes. So strong of a smell, you couldn’t get rid off, if you tripled bagged it. Hopefully someone soon can achieve those genetics. Back then in Texas, it was a bad idea to have such a smell emitting from you.

Congrats on your grow man!

Seedy

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah I was interested into the hanging omnidirectional side lights they have now too, seen them in some larger warehouse grows. That’s the one thing I really wish I had, I always get bent when I have larfy undercarriages, I would love to just let her rip those lights def make it happen. Wouldn’tat need to plant as many plants with them.
Someone here put together a light like that. I think you saw it.......a little homemade, of course, but the concept of a dome that surrounds the plants, that's gotta be the next thing. Also like an orb that hangs down the center and beams light all around....

Let's do it! We'll call it........a Phototron!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey All,

Just opened an account just for this thread. Earlier in thread you talked about skunk bud. I remember in 86 the first time a got it. 25 bucks a quarter, the strangest looking bud as well, with big calyxes. So strong of a smell, you couldn’t get rid off, if you tripled bagged it. Hopefully someone soon can achieve those genetics. Back then in Texas, it was a bad idea to have such a smell emitting from you.

Congrats on your grow man!

Seedy
Oh, you're in for some trouble...... ;)

Thank you, and that's awesome. Yeah you got it right. A different kind of green too, like a slight blue tinge to it. A few years before I got Skunk I got an 1/8th of what was just called "sinsemilla". We were used to the big brown seedy stemmy nickle and dime bags. This was green, mostly sativa, moist, sweet and a little piney......and man was it good. $25 for an 1/8th but keep in mind this was New York City. Right around then green weed was coming in, this was back when you could buy weed in bodegas, or street/building entrances. There was now a choice if you wanted to pay more. Green weed started coming in dime bags. There was also the Staten Island Ferry.......downstairs level. It was a 25 minute party on the way back from Manhattan evening rush hour. (I lived on Staten Island for a couple of years in High School.... Don't tell anyone...)

The Skunk I got was sold by rasta guys in way downtown Manhattan at the Vietnam war memorial in the financial district. $20 bags, and these guys had great stuff. I will never forget taking that stuff home on a bus. This was a time where you made a quick deal, put it in your pocket, and left. I had caught a glimpse of it, and a whiff, and was actually concerned that it may have been fake. It was that different.

At another time I got a bag of Thai. Except it was green. That was never the case with Thai, it was always brown. But this was green, and unmistakable. I got it once and only once. It was more like the Sinsemilla I had bought, but that distinct thai smell.

These particular bags of weed at particular times in the early to mid 80s are forever etched in my memory. Just like growing Neville's seeds in the late 80s to early 90s. Someday I will forgive myself for not keeping those genetics........it's not today. :(

Welcome.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh, you're in for some trouble...... ;)

Thank you, and that's awesome. Yeah you got it right. A different kind of green too, like a slight blue tinge to it. A few years before I got Skunk I got an 1/8th of what was just called "sinsemilla". We were used to the big brown seedy stemmy nickle and dime bags. This was green, mostly sativa, moist, sweet and a little piney......and man was it good. $25 for an 1/8th but keep in mind this was New York City. Right around then green weed was coming in, this was back when you could buy weed in bodegas, or street/building entrances. There was now a choice if you wanted to pay more. Green weed started coming in dime bags. There was also the Staten Island Ferry.......downstairs level. It was a 25 minute party on the way back from Manhattan evening rush hour. (I lived on Staten Island for a couple of years in High School.... Don't tell anyone...)

The Skunk I got was sold by rasta guys in way downtown Manhattan at the Vietnam war memorial in the financial district. $20 bags, and these guys had great stuff. I will never forget taking that stuff home on a bus. This was a time where you made a quick deal, put it in your pocket, and left. I had caught a glimpse of it, and a whiff, and was actually concerned that it may have been fake. It was that different.

At another time I got a bag of Thai. Except it was green. That was never the case with Thai, it was always brown. But this was green, and unmistakable. I got it once and only once. It was more like the Sinsemilla I had bought, but that distinct thai smell.

These particular bags of weed at particular times in the early to mid 80s are forever etched in my memory. Just like growing Neville's seeds in the late 80s to early 90s. Someday I will forgive myself for not keeping those genetics........it's not today. :(

Welcome.
😎

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Slow and steady loses the race......because you're gonna get run over by a friggin' car!!!

No, that's not me......

20230612 115115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom