Oh... What did I do???

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

I wanted to mention our well water is 740 ppm out of the tap. Could this be a issue? If so, what do you recommend?
Someone had recommended a water filter earlier on in your post yes that’s what I would like to see you do for sure best to get it down to 200 ish if you can

Lacey

Lacey

Someone had recommended a water filter earlier on in your post yes that’s what I would like to see you do for sure best to get it down to 200 ish if you can
I must have missed that comment (oops). I will talk to my husband about filtering the water.
I have been doing some investigation work on my end. The water in the greenhouse is 700ppm. I have a filter that goes on the end of the hose and that was a waste of money because the ppm is the same. Damn grow shop! I will be having a talk with them!!!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What the hell is it with you girls and your 9 foot plants? You know you’re really not doing my feelings of inadequacy any good! Pretty late in the game for a training that. You might be able to bend The top third of it if it’s still pliable enough. And if you want to risk your neck to get up there and do it. In my line of work I have come across too many people whose lives have been changed in the blink of an eye by ladder mishaps! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go make an appointment with my head shrinker! Thanks a lot girls!

Rooke

Rooke

I must have missed that comment (oops). I will talk to my husband about filtering the water.
I have been doing some investigation work on my end. The water in the greenhouse is 700ppm. I have a filter that goes on the end of the hose and that was a waste of money because the ppm is the same. Damn grow shop! I will be having a talk with them!!!

Rooke

Rooke

It may take something more than an in-line filter to be installed on a hose to get it down to 200 ish I don’t have your water hardness coming from my well it’s at 190-180 most times I used to feed at 80% general hydroponics flora series. This year I’ve switched out to Mega crop 2 part nutes but I’m only feeding at 50% full strength so far and only a few girls are showing up with nitrogen deficiency which can be rectified very easily by increasing my strength of part a by10% and waiting to see what happens to my new growth I’m rambling I’m stoned hope this helps Lacey!

Lacey

Lacey

What the hell is it with you girls and your 9 foot plants? You know you’re really not doing my feelings of inadequacy any good! Pretty late in the game for a training that. You might be able to bend The top third of it if it’s still pliable enough. And if you want to risk your neck to get up there and do it. In my line of work I have come across too many people whose lives have been changed in the blink of an eye by ladder mishaps! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go make an appointment with my head shrinker! Thanks a lot girls!
You made me giggle. Have you never heard the term go big or go home.... Girls like it big. The bigger it is the more you get.
This is my first time growing and I am clueless on what I am doing. My hubby has grown in the past but in a different area and he did outdoor, so he is used to big plants.
Most of these plants were given to me to help me learn. I am learning what NOT to do. Everything from starting seeds, cloning and growing. This is my medicine for my pain. I plan on making creams, edibles and smoke. I am brand new to Cannabis in every single way. But it is better than putting chemicals from RX into my body. I broke my back in 3 places and my discs are slowly pushing into my spinal cord. When that happens, I can not walk and it takes weeks for me to recover again. My last episode was 3 weeks ago and I can finally walk without pain with every step. If I fall from a distance again, I will be in a wheelchair. I had to give up my career and my hobby.
That is why me growing is so important to me and why it is important for me to learn as much as I can.

Anyway..... Yeah, us girls likes BIG plants.... I am just doing mine in the wrong place. lol Lesson learn. The plants wont be so big when I am able to do my indoor grow.

Lacey

Lacey

It may take something more than an in-line filter to be installed on a hose to get it down to 200 ish I don’t have your water hardness coming from my well it’s at 190-180 most times I used to feed at 80% general hydroponics flora series. This year I’ve switched out to Mega crop 2 part nutes but I’m only feeding at 50% full strength so far and only a few girls are showing up with nitrogen deficiency which can be rectified very easily by increasing my strength of part a by10% and waiting to see what happens to my new growth I’m rambling I’m stoned hope this helps Lacey!
Yeah, I wasted money on something that wont help my water. lol
So if I use less feed that might help my plants because our well is so high in ppm, Am I understanding that correctly?

Rooke

Rooke

Yeah, I wasted money on something that wont help my water. lol
So if I use less feed that might help my plants because our well is so high in ppm, Am I understanding that correctly?
we’ll sort of if you get you water hardness down that’s a good start to getting your nutes dialed in to an acceptable ppm and yes less is more in your case. If you were growing in the ground it’s way more forgiving but when your in pots it’s a different story and controlling what’s going into them from the start keeps your girls happy and in check if that makes sense. I never push them hard anymore unless they show me they need more

Farmergurl

Farmergurl

Hahaha yep I hear you. I can't reach the top without a ladder. Ive just been training what I can reach. I'll start earlier next year. Thanks for the laugh.

mashy

mashy

You made me giggle. Have you never heard the term go big or go home.... Girls like it big. The bigger it is the more you get.
This is my first time growing and I am clueless on what I am doing. My hubby has grown in the past but in a different area and he did outdoor, so he is used to big plants.
Most of these plants were given to me to help me learn. I am learning what NOT to do. Everything from starting seeds, cloning and growing. This is my medicine for my pain. I plan on making creams, edibles and smoke. I am brand new to Cannabis in every single way. But it is better than putting chemicals from RX into my body. I broke my back in 3 places and my discs are slowly pushing into my spinal cord. When that happens, I can not walk and it takes weeks for me to recover again. My last episode was 3 weeks ago and I can finally walk without pain with every step. If I fall from a distance again, I will be in a wheelchair. I had to give up my career and my hobby.
That is why me growing is so important to me and why it is important for me to learn as much as I can.

Anyway..... Yeah, us girls likes BIG plants.... I am just doing mine in the wrong place. lol Lesson learn. The plants wont be so big when I am able to do my indoor grow.
"The bigger it is the more you get" - very true 😉
Good luck with the first grow and the pain management ✌️☮️

Lacey

Lacey

Update on the ladies:
If it couldn't get any worse........ They decided to start preflower.
The soil has dried out and the ladies seem happy again. We have lightly watered them and using a moisture tester in every single pot to make sure they need it before giving them a drink. So far so good.
We are just going to let them do their thing now.

Lacey

Lacey

Here is a update:
Yesterday I went into the grow shop and was talking to one of the guys. During our conversation I told him what happened to our plants and showed him pics. I told him it was a combo of heat, overwatering and a sudden change in nutes. Well............... He said there shouldn't have been any issue since the two nutes are very similar and he mentioned the dose. I "corrected" him. He then "corrected" me, I then stopped and and grabbed the container and guess what.... I WAS WRONG!
I OVERDOSED my ladies.
Maxigrow 1 TSP per gallon of water ( I was used to Maxsea and gave them 1 TBS)
Maxsea 1 TBS per gallon of water

I burnt the crap out of my ladies! I did this!
I did flush them really good, but the damage was already done.
Time will tell and I know our harvest will be horrible because I burnt them.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I’m usin GH maxigrow and maxibloom you have to be careful with it as in know the strength of the mix, half strength maxibloom is plenty for the duration of flower I’m actually pretty happy with it. Looks like nute burn and probably locked em out flush flush flush and hope

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Here is a update:
Yesterday I went into the grow shop and was talking to one of the guys. During our conversation I told him what happened to our plants and showed him pics. I told him it was a combo of heat, overwatering and a sudden change in nutes. Well............... He said there shouldn't have been any issue since the two nutes are very similar and he mentioned the dose. I "corrected" him. He then "corrected" me, I then stopped and and grabbed the container and guess what.... I WAS WRONG!
I OVERDOSED my ladies.
Maxigrow 1 TSP per gallon of water ( I was used to Maxsea and gave them 1 TBS)
Maxsea 1 TBS per gallon of water

I burnt the crap out of my ladies! I did this!
I did flush them really good, but the damage was already done.
Time will tell and I know our harvest will be horrible because I burnt them.

Oh damn, this go's back to the beginning of this thread. Full strength MaxiGro at 1-2 teaspoons is strong, if you were giving it 1 tablespoon per gallon that is 3 teaspoons and is around 3000+ ppm.

Good luck in the future and make sure you use that EC/ppm meter.

Lacey

Lacey

I use the PPM meter all the time now.
Lesson learned! Don't rush, Don't feed when in pain or tired.
I will be double...triple checking everything. This was a hard lesson to learn. At least I know what I did wrong and my next grow should be easier and with a lot less human errors.
Maybe I will be able to post some "look at me" pics with the rest of you all.

Thank You everyone for all of your help.

Rooke

Rooke

Don’t beat yourself up Lexi we all have been there before. It takes a lot of reading and double checking to make it a work don’t give up!

Ponky

Ponky

I use the PPM meter all the time now.
Lesson learned! Don't rush, Don't feed when in pain or tired.
I will be double...triple checking everything. This was a hard lesson to learn. At least I know what I did wrong and my next grow should be easier and with a lot less human errors.
Maybe I will be able to post some "look at me" pics with the rest of you all.

Thank You everyone for all of your help.
If you accidentally overdose the soil you can rinse it out with the hose. Wash out the excess nutrients and salts.

Rooke

Rooke

So this year I changed my nutes from gh flora series to mega crop 2 part I spent a lot on my plants last year with good results but way to expensive here. So I thought with the new nutes I would start at half strength play it safe all went well until they started showing nitrogen deficiency. Growing in soil is very slow to show results still trying to figure out how hard to push the pedal with mc used to never go above 80% with gh but still gun shy with mc anyone have any advice on mega crop nutes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom