Oh... What did I do???

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

well maybe severe underwatering but i think that looks like severe overwatering,
a lot longer than two weeks.. plants that size and you can reach your hand down to the bottom of the bag, geezus you must be ripping a ton of roots or if no roots are there than that’s another sign of overwatering or underwatering, those plants/roots should have easily filled those bags by now..
It was not easy. I went on the side of the grow bag and did it slowly and gently. I had to find out if it was drenched. But it wasn't. It was moist all the way other than the very top of the soil.

Lacey

Lacey

Found this on one of the plants. There were like 5 of them. They are tiny and move kinda fast. Any ideas? I couldnt find anything that matched it on google.

We are thinking about taking the back side off the greenhouse and removing the plants to a cooler area.

Bug
Lacey

Lacey

No, don’t do anything rash! Sit on with the old man and talk about it. Maybe he can remove a couple of panels out of the side and one of the crossmembers without compromising the structural integrity. Could possibly remove a lot of panels and turn it into an open air type of Deal. Not having seen the plants in their entirety I could be totally wrong. But I would think the first priority might be to get those pots to dry out and it probably will take too long in that enclosure. Talk it over with him and make a decision still have a lot of vegging time left. And thanks for not telling me to fuck off! It’s nothing personal. But I think anybody reviewing this thread was probably hoping you would! LOL! Hang in there sister!
I only cuss people out if I know them or they piss me off. lol

Lacey

Lacey

well maybe severe underwatering but i think that looks like severe overwatering,
a lot longer than two weeks.. plants that size and you can reach your hand down to the bottom of the bag, geezus you must be ripping a ton of roots or if no roots are there than that’s another sign of overwatering or underwatering, those plants/roots should have easily filled those bags by now..
There were lots of roots.
If this is lockout, how should I fix it?
I flushed them 2 days ago. I checked run off again just a bit ago and it was 1460 ppm. Ph was 6.3 still and temp was 81.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I flushed them 2 days ago. I checked run off again just a bit ago and it was 1460 ppm. Ph was 6.3 still and temp was 81.
i think your dealing with a lot issues as others have posted, and now pest too?

Lacey

Lacey

i think your dealing with a lot issues as others have posted, and now pest too?
I dont know if its a pest or not. Not all bugs are bad bugs. This is one I have not seen before.... Thats why I posted a pic here.

Lacey

Lacey

Am I assuming there are so many issues with these plants, no one knows where I should start or what I should do?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
When you get a chance, and there’s no hurry. Maybe you could shoot us a few pictures of the entire plant from the top of the pot to the top of the plant including Goliath. We can get kind of an overview of the whole grow. The bug looks kind of big which is good and it was moving fast which is good. If no one here recognizes it then it’s probably not harmful. Thanks neighbor! You’ll get this figured out.

Lacey

Lacey

Greenhouse is a mess. I was cleaning up some of the ladies.
here are the pics of the entire plants that we are slowly killing and baking to death.
The ladies that it is effecting the most are Blueberry Muffin.
The bushy dark green is Gorilla Glue, I think it might need CalMag, but I am not 100% sure.
This is my first grow and I am failing miserably.

A0BCC37A 5DAF 49C5 8C33 2A1F00B0515E
C4F1DBB6 B73C 4AA4 8053 268248521C7E
95CE0367 B28D 4E88 962E 6815F8D1A8A6
4A623429 4FEB 4BF8 8056 B55D37135B53
4AD941E8 C730 4A0C A07E D2B3C1449660
Lacey

Lacey

They did not look like this 2 weeks ago. They were happy ladies.
My husband did water them when I was down and couldn’t move. I am now 2nd guessing if they got overwatered. I usually water lightly every 3 days. I know I water less than my husband. My guess is about 4-6 gallons a week is what I do and to me that’s too much.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t get down on yourself! I had to start all over again the last week of May. But that is the beauty of where we are at. They won’t even think about flowering till September in my experience so you have time to try and correct things as much as possible. I think if you can get them outside there are people on this site that can advise you on dealing with the stretch. You’ve got a lot of plants there to play with and you’ll get something in the end. It’s just a big jigsaw puzzle. That moves! You are in the right spot for growing and if you do things right from the beginning you can grow monsters here. But it takes a while to learn. See how they are growing straight up trying to get through that plastic roof to get to some real sunlight. Well that is not good. But it could be salvaged or corrected probably outdoors. I’ll leave you alone.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Many of your plants look fine. Let them dry out. Some additional calmag, and potassium would help.
Stretch Armstrong in the bottom photo looks like a Japanese maple sapling😂

Last edited:
Farmergurl

Farmergurl

Good morning Lacey. I’ll bet you didn’t plan on growing a greenhouse full of anxiety when you started on this project. It comes with the territory.Assuming you whip them back into shape feed Wise, and maybe you’ve already observed this. It looks like your greenhouse lighting is contributing to an unacceptable amount of stretch. Maybe those nine footers would be a lot healthier at 6 feet. But that’s water under the bridge. Know if you live in the state of Jefferson like I do you have another month and a half to two months of veg still. Stretched plants won’t be able to support the bud load when that time comes so they are going to need help. That’s right, you. And unless you plan on setting up scaffolding to tend to the canopy you better develop a plan to bring them down to your or a more manageable level. That’s going to require a lot of room and a lot of work. But you can train them over and bring them down always a little at a time. Just something to think about because it’s gonna take a while.And for what it’s worth which isn’t much like the rest of this post, I would consider taking a few plants outside into the direct sun and quit pouring shit onto them and see what happens. Happy trails!
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the post, but can you explain how to train a plant that's 9ft tall? I started training my lower branches (very late, 2 weeks ago) but the main stem is very thick.

20210714 183813
Lacey

Lacey

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the post, but can you explain how to train a plant that's 9ft tall? I started training my lower branches (very late, 2 weeks ago) but the main stem is very thick.
I don't mind you hijacking.... I am learning a lot from this group and your question is a great one! Because I will also need to know the answer.

Lacey

Lacey

Many of your plants look fine. Let them dry out. Some additional calmag, and potassium would help.
Stretch Armstrong in the bottom photo looks like a Japanese maple sapling😂
We will be letting them dry out, I will give them some CalMag and Potassium when they dry out. What potassium is recommended in this situation?

Last edited:
Lacey

Lacey

I wanted to mention our well water is 740 ppm out of the tap. Could this be a issue? If so, what do you recommend?

Rooke

Rooke

heya Lacey 1460 is still quite high I would wait until they get dry to give them some more phd water to try and get the ppm down to 900 ish

Top Bottom