Oh... What did I do???

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

RH is 38% before I wet down the sand and water.

Yea I think 100+ degrees with 38% RH for multiple weeks is just too much. Whatever the temperature is outside, inside the greenhouse is gonna be even hotter I think. So it could be 110-130 degrees in the greenhouse. That's probably just too much heat. I never used a greenhouse though, but from my understanding, it will increase the temps significantly. I know the fans help, but your just pushing around 100+ degree air.

Did the heat wave hit at the same time you changed nutrients?

Lacey

Lacey

Yea I think 100+ degrees with 38% RH for multiple weeks is just too much. Whatever the temperature is outside, inside the greenhouse is gonna be even hotter I think. So it could be 110-130 degrees in the greenhouse. That's probably just too much heat. I never used a greenhouse though, but from my understanding, it will increase the temps significantly. I know the fans help, but your just pushing around 100+ degree air.

Did the heat wave hit at the same time you changed nutrients?
Yes. It all hit in the same week. It was the week from Hell!!!
I can usually keep the greenhouse in the 90s even when its over 100 outside.

Lacey

Lacey

Greenhouse side
Greenhouse

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Honestly your plant is telling me just by site that something is wrong with the roots. The leaves are point down. 7.3 is out of range and can result is nutrient lock out. If you have flushed an organic medium then your benificial bacteria will likely begone and you will have to start new. If the heat wave hit right after that then your plant has no line of defense for nutrient uptake. It’s got lock out, no benificial microbes and excessive heat. I would repot and check the roots.

Lacey

Lacey

Honestly your plant is telling me just by site that something is wrong with the roots. The leaves are point down. 7.3 is out of range and can result is nutrient lock out. If you have flushed an organic medium then your benificial bacteria will likely begone and you will have to start new. If the heat wave hit right after that then your plant has no line of defense for nutrient uptake. It’s got lock out, no benificial microbes and excessive heat. I would repot and check the roots.
When I flushed them, the PH was 6.3
I have RG recharge. Should I top dress with that?
I can not repot these plants. They are in 25 Gal grow pots. I physically can not do it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Mine are in 25 gallon AirPots, FFOF and perlite, outside in the full sun, humidity probably averaging 15 to percent and it’s been over 100° for at least 20 consecutive days. If I fully water that 25 gallon pot it will probably take over a week to dry out maybe longer. And the plants don’t seem to mind the direct sunlight.In a greenhouse with filtered light and not a lot of ventilation it will take forever to dry out those pots. So you take it from there. I am in red Bluff California.

Lacey

Lacey

Mine are in 25 gallon AirPots, FFOF and perlite, outside in the full sun, humidity probably averaging 15 to percent and it’s been over 100° for at least 20 consecutive days. If I fully water that 25 gallon pot it will probably take over a week to dry out maybe longer. And the plants don’t seem to mind the direct sunlight.In a greenhouse with filtered light and not a lot of ventilation it will take forever to dry out those pots. So you take it from there. I am in red Bluff California.
Red Bluff gets hot. I am near Redding. So our temps sore through the roof.
I am learning it very well could be the strain. I just read that the BBM does not like temps over 80f. Well, in NorCal summers thats basically in the middle of the night.
The GG seems to be tolerating the heat better. Just not sure what the leaf color change actually means. I am still learning.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Redding, red Bluff, same thing. IMO that greenhouse is what is killing you and has been slowly for quite some time. You’re a little feeding fiasco probably just push things over the edge. I think those plants should’ve been put outside when they were two or 3 feet tall max. Plants can handle this heat if you can get a handle on their care. Big bags at least 25 gallon help to keep the roots relatively cool.I’m going to make myself unpopular here and wager that every plant in that greenhouse is stretched and anorexic looking. They tend to grow a little slower out in the sun but they are stocky and hearty by the time it comes to support some weight. I think your greenhouse is good to get an early start on plants so you can get them outside as early as possible. But after a month or two it becomes detrimental. Sure, some of the big boys run full-term in a greenhouse, but it is climate controlled pact with supplemental lighting, and I’ve driven past them up here in the hills where the sides of the wallsCan be raised and lowered for ventilation and light. And a lot of them just use the greenhouse for breeding, propagating clones and Seedlings on a large scale. Just something to think about for next year. Growing full term photos in a greenhouse like yours is a recipe for disaster, but don’t give up, experiment, tell your old man to wheel them out on a dolly and put them under a shade tree for a couple of days and then out into the sun. What the hell do you have to lose? Good luck, neighbor!

Lacey

Lacey

Redding, red Bluff, same thing. IMO that greenhouse is what is killing you and has been slowly for quite some time. You’re a little feeding fiasco probably just push things over the edge. I think those plants should’ve been put outside when they were two or 3 feet tall max. Plants can handle this heat if you can get a handle on their care. Big bags at least 25 gallon help to keep the roots relatively cool.I’m going to make myself unpopular here and wager that every plant in that greenhouse is stretched and anorexic looking. They tend to grow a little slower out in the sun but they are stocky and hearty by the time it comes to support some weight. I think your greenhouse is good to get an early start on plants so you can get them outside as early as possible. But after a month or two it becomes detrimental. Sure, some of the big boys run full-term in a greenhouse, but it is climate controlled pact with supplemental lighting, and I’ve driven past them up here in the hills where the sides of the wallsCan be raised and lowered for ventilation and light. And a lot of them just use the greenhouse for breeding, propagating clones and Seedlings on a large scale. Just something to think about for next year. Growing full term photos in a greenhouse like yours is a recipe for disaster, but don’t give up, experiment, tell your old man to wheel them out on a dolly and put them under a shade tree for a couple of days and then out into the sun. What the hell do you have to lose? Good luck, neighbor!
It kinda just hit me! Most don't let their plants get so big in a greenhouse! They light dep them quickly. Oh crap... I really screwed up.
The plants and the bags wont fit through the door. We would have to take an entire wall down to get them out of there. Well, this is a learning experience and I learned what NOT to do.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No, don’t do anything rash! Sit on with the old man and talk about it. Maybe he can remove a couple of panels out of the side and one of the crossmembers without compromising the structural integrity. Could possibly remove a lot of panels and turn it into an open air type of Deal. Not having seen the plants in their entirety I could be totally wrong. But I would think the first priority might be to get those pots to dry out and it probably will take too long in that enclosure. Talk it over with him and make a decision still have a lot of vegging time left. And thanks for not telling me to fuck off! It’s nothing personal. But I think anybody reviewing this thread was probably hoping you would! LOL! Hang in there sister!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No, don’t do anything rash! Sit on with the old man and talk about it. Maybe he can remove a couple of panels out of the side and one of the crossmembers without compromising the structural integrity. Could possibly remove a lot of panels and turn it into an open air type of Deal. Not having seen the plants in their entirety I could be totally wrong. But I would think the first priority might be to get those pots to dry out and it probably will take too long in that enclosure. Talk it over with him and make a decision still have a lot of vegging time left. And thanks for not telling me to fuck off! It’s nothing personal. But I think anybody reviewing this thread was probably hoping you would! LOL! Hang in there sister!

Why would everybody on this thread want to tell you to F off???

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Through a lifetime of conditioning I’ve kind of come to expect it!LOL! Almost a little disappointed!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
to me in the photos posted at the start of this thread, those leaves are signs of severe overwatering.

Lacey

Lacey

If anything they were underwatered when I was down for almost 2 weeks. I have felt to almost the bottom of the pots and it is moist, not wet the day after I flushed them.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Woah. This tread took a turn. Take a breath. post some more pics.
just looking at the latest photos.
Did you test runoff ph?
Looks like some watering issues, and potassium deficiency.
May have to do a supercrop to take the height down before flower. Wait for a cooler day.
no talk of cutting anything down. That would be a crime.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If anything they were underwatered when I was down for almost 2 weeks. I have felt to almost the bottom of the pots and it is moist, not wet the day after I flushed them.
well maybe severe underwatering but i think that looks like severe overwatering,
a lot longer than two weeks.. plants that size and you can reach your hand down to the bottom of the bag, geezus you must be ripping a ton of roots or if no roots are there than that’s another sign of overwatering or underwatering, those plants/roots should have easily filled those bags by now..

Top Bottom