$OIL BED$ OF WHITE FIR3, COOKIE$, AND $FV OG

• Thread starter delae632
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

TG is right on the money, healthy mothers are a must if u want good rooting rates and healthy clones, who ever started that rumor about starving u mothers before u clone is a stupid fucking moron, I laughed my ass off when I first herd that, before my last run I did I got lazy and was not taking care of my mothers like i normally do, well I drought stressed my mothers and pissed them off and when I tried making clones they would not root, they would start to rot within 4 to 5 days of cutting them, they turned yellow and brown and then to mush, they just melted into a mushy slime with mold, every clone died, man talk about being mad at yourself for being worthless and lazy and not being able to make clones I was livid, it set me back 3 months and coust me alot of down time and money from being lazy, Now I have nursed them back to health and everything is back to normal with 98 to 100% success rate no more being lazy for me.................GM

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey guys the best cuts are mallet cuts IMHO. Take a cut on a thicker part of the branch, where the new growth comes out of the main branch. Funny I am now going back to applying all the shit I learned in college instead of shit I read online and I am right back on my A game.

http://www.oakleafgardening.com/how-to/get-new-plants-from-your-existing-ones/stem-cuttings/

Not to jack but I just took two trays of GSC cuts, one tray tops with nodes, and the other tray mallets. The mallet tray rooted 2 days faster and 100% success rate.

Beds looking good D. I can't wait to see the finished shots.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Thanks FW! It's nice to use the fisheye for whole room shots like that.

I posted the sauce a page or two back.

2-3 days before I take cuts I only give the mothers to be cut straight RO water to flush a bit of N out. If you don't do this you will see a lag time in rooting.

I use a brand new scalpel every time I take cuts, the scalpels dull out after about 100 cuts. I use brand new trays and brand new domes every time. I used to clean 'em and reuse 'em but if you miss anything or get a little lazy with it, it will cause problems. I just like everything to be as sterile/clean as possible.

After the cubes have soaked in the sauce for 12-24 hours I'll dump the water and use it to water the mothers. When I'm taking the cubes out of the bucket I'll give them a good downward shake to get excess moisture out of the cubes before I set them in the tray. You don't want them soggy. One good jolt down for each cube is sufficient.

I use the 2" wrapped RW cubes since I take such large cuts and they're easy to label. I only take cuts from the large top branches. I don't ever take cuts from the sides or lowers (unless I'm in a bind) since that plant material tends to be a bit more flimsy, curved, with thin stems, small leaves, and they don't root as well, contrary to what Jorge C. and other write in their books regarding hormones and such.

I'll take a cut at a 45* angle about a 1/4 inch below a node, chop off the node growth (including the whiskers!) and then shave off a few strips of skin around the base with the scalpel, dip it in clonex gel and push it 1/2-3/4 of the way into a RW cube (in a hard spot, not the hole).

I only put 25 cubes in each tray in a checkerboard pattern. Sometimes I dry dome and sometimes I give them a little spray with h16 foliar before the dome goes on. I keep the vents closed on the domes and put the trays on a heat mat with a thermostat set at 85-90. I keep the probe for the thermostat under the trays. And this goes under a single bulb t5.

After 7 days I'll crack one of the vents open on the dome. Day 8 I'll crack the second vent open.

At 10 days I'll start checking for roots one by one and sorting the rooted ones to go into trays under the 8 bulb t5.

I hope that all makes sense. If anyone needs more clarification I can take some pics of the process and post 'em up.

Thanks man. I've done it this way for about 4 years now. I know you can make cloning very very simple. I just like the quality of the plants this method produces.

Thanks brotha. It's about to get real spicy up in there.

lol;)

Done!

Thanks homie!

Dam D between ur secret sauce formula and step by step process, ur a cloning G. jus wondering ur thoughts on soaking cuts 12-36 hrs b4 rooting them.
That is the single most successful process i have added to making clones that greatly increased my success rate.

confu

Dunge

Dunge

Thanks manic! Here you go man.;)

4 gallons of RO in a 5 gal bucket with an airstone in it.
4ml Roots Excel
32ml Hygrozyme
32ml Thrive Alive B1
4tsp CALiMAGic
4tsp Roots Trinity
4tsp Roots Liquid Amber
Any synthetic a+b BLOOM base
2tsp Great White (or Caps bennies)
1tbsp Oregonism XL (or Caps bennies)
Adjust PH to 5.6-5.8
Add cubes and let soak for 12-24 hours

Some might say it's overkill, but whatever, this is what I use and it works well for me.
This "secret sauce" was pages back, so I thought I'd bump it.
I don't like how long the list is.
Seems to be a bit of "throw it all in there" to me.
But your results are compelling.
My current batch of cuttings are "not dead yet".
Yours seem to keep growing after cutting.
I guess I'm the one who needs to change things up.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I think it was Baba that said cutting cuts at 45 degree angle is for roses not weed, i started cutting mine flat across accordingly and have gotten better results. FWIW i don't even bother using a node all the time for the end of the cut, i just cut it flat wherever and stick it in the rooter.
I'll have to try a side by side on the angle thing. A lot more than roses get cut at 45. Just seems as though the 45 cut goes into the cube a bit easier without causing excess trauma the wound. A flat cut seems like you might run into a "pushing rope" scenario here and there...but hey, whatever works. I'll try it out. I don't get a node in the cube all the time either. Sometimes those cuts seem to lag and sometimes they don't.
What's up D, the room is looking good.. When u get a chance lets see more of that sfv og.. I'm curious bro, I have a girl I'm going to test out soon and would like to get your feed back in her..

She looks like she's going to be a good fit in the stable.. Thanks gee..
I'll definitely be posting more shots as things progress bro. I don't like posting veg and early bloom shots that much.
Gettin THICK up in there D, looks awesome though. Glad to see the clone game is back on track too. You've always had solid clones in RW so why fuck with the recipe i say. Kill it brother! Rap again soon man. Peace!
M
Thanks brotha. I definitely need to start leafing to get that carpet of a canopy some light penetration. lol
Not sure the exact science, but imo less open "wound" on the cut leaves less chance for infection/sickness, etc. I've been doing the straight across for some time now, i'd say as long as my moms are healthy im getting at least 98%...the ones that don't are just ones that take forever and I toss aka SFV OG/og's. Lol.

I think the bigger picture is mom health, and why i don't bother making sure a node is at the bottom. I previously would make sure i had a node at the bottom of the clone/angle cut/split node/etc, now I just cut it at the height that i want and go from there- somtimes theres a node or two in the rooter, sometimes not. Either way they seem to root the same.

But i'll harp on mom health again, because before running my current soil mix the time it took for clones to root varied and occasionally I'd get a mush stem from trying to clone thick ones. Now that Im in a good mix and keep moms lush, i get roots in 6-10 days on most things (shoot cookies show roots in 4-5 days, some kushes too). Even OGs are around 10 days. Same method I've used for years now but times have come down across the board.
TG is right on the money, healthy mothers are a must if u want good rooting rates and healthy clones, who ever started that rumor about starving u mothers before u clone is a stupid fucking moron, I laughed my ass off when I first herd that, before my last run I did I got lazy and was not taking care of my mothers like i normally do, well I drought stressed my mothers and pissed them off and when I tried making clones they would not root, they would start to rot within 4 to 5 days of cutting them, they turned yellow and brown and then to mush, they just melted into a mushy slime with mold, every clone died, man talk about being mad at yourself for being worthless and lazy and not being able to make clones I was livid, it set me back 3 months and coust me alot of down time and money from being lazy, Now I have nursed them back to health and everything is back to normal with 98 to 100% success rate no more being lazy for me.................GM
Mother health is HUGE. If your moms look like shit your cuts will look like shit and you'll have a lot of trouble getting them to root. I'm not by any means starving or stressing my plants before I take cuts. They just get plain water for 1-2 waterings prior to cuts being taken. This does help drastically with success rates IME. Too much N in the plant will inhibit rooting.
Hey guys the best cuts are mallet cuts IMHO. Take a cut on a thicker part of the branch, where the new growth comes out of the main branch. Funny I am now going back to applying all the shit I learned in college instead of shit I read online and I am right back on my A game.

http://www.oakleafgardening.com/how-to/get-new-plants-from-your-existing-ones/stem-cuttings/

Not to jack but I just took two trays of GSC cuts, one tray tops with nodes, and the other tray mallets. The mallet tray rooted 2 days faster and 100% success rate.

Beds looking good D. I can't wait to see the finished shots.
Thanks Cap! I've been known to take hammer (mallet) cuts but only when the cuts are for me. When I was doing production cloning people didn't appreciate their cuts being "topped" already though. It is a method that works quite well from my experiments with it. What do you know about mullet cuts? lol
Dam D between ur secret sauce formula and step by step process, ur a cloning G. jus wondering ur thoughts on soaking cuts 12-36 hrs b4 rooting them.
That is the single most successful process i have added to making clones that greatly increased my success rate.

confu
Thanks man. I can't wait for the finished shots either. lol Soaking the cubes is just like pre charging coco. I'm sure you could do it for 10 minutes if you wanted and be fine. This is just what I do since it works.;)
This "secret sauce" was pages back, so I thought I'd bump it.
I don't like how long the list is.
Seems to be a bit of "throw it all in there" to me.
But your results are compelling.
My current batch of cuttings are "not dead yet".
Yours seem to keep growing after cutting.
I guess I'm the one who needs to change things up.
It's definitely not a "throw it all in there" thing. Each ingredient serves a purpose which is why my cuts don't stop growing. Everything the plant will need as soon as roots are formed (before you can even see them coming out of the cube) is readily available to them. The key is not to starve your vulnerable and wounded plants until they show visible roots and FINALLY get fed. I'm not letting the plants skip a beat. They don't get stressed from day one and that produces happy, healthy plants.

Thanks for all the contributions guys.:D

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
OH! The room is no longer sealed. I popped and intake and exhaust in there a couple/few weeks ago. I was having some really funky issues and something off gassing in the room seemed like the only explanation. Within 24 hours of firing up the intake and exhaust ALL previous issues were immediately corrected. Once again....if it ain't broke don't let D fuck with it! I'm pretty much done experimenting...all it does is fuck shit up and get me all stressed out. Every time I try to make things "better" or simulate what works for others I fail miserably. lol I'm over it, and just sticking with what works for me from here on out.:D

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

OH! The room is no longer sealed. I popped and intake and exhaust in there a couple/few weeks ago. I was having some really funky issues and something off gassing in the room seemed like the only explanation. Within 24 hours of firing up the intake and exhaust ALL previous issues were immediately corrected. Once again....if it ain't broke don't let D fuck with it! I'm pretty much done experimenting...all it does is fuck shit up and get me all stressed out. Every time I try to make things "better" or simulate what works for others I fail miserably. lol I'm over it, and just sticking with what works for me from here on out.:D
Right there with you buddy!

true grit

true grit

Mother health is HUGE. If your moms look like shit your cuts will look like shit and you'll have a lot of trouble getting them to root. I'm not by any means starving or stressing my plants before I take cuts. They just get plain water for 1-2 waterings prior to cuts being taken. This does help drastically with success rates IME. Too much N in the plant will inhibit rooting.

See thats one of those myths I'm not sure i believe, but then again I don't feed anymore but do give my plants plenty of available N sources and its evident when they are not fully available anymore. Wonder if its just the switch to organic dry amendments for N availability vs feeding organic bottle nutes. Because my plants definitely show healthier and plenty of N and are cloning better than ever.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Homie I exhaust even with a sealed room. Plants need fresh air IMHO.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
See thats one of those myths I'm not sure i believe, but then again I don't feed anymore but do give my plants plenty of available N sources and its evident when they are not fully available anymore. Wonder if its just the switch to organic dry amendments for N availability vs feeding organic bottle nutes. Because my plants definitely show healthier and plenty of N and are cloning better than ever.

Myth or not, I just see what happens in my own room right in front of me. I used to take 200 clones per week and noticed that if I fed and then took cuts my success rate would go down and/or they would take longer to root. I did this long enough to see the subtleties and to do A LOT of testing. There are tons of variables to consider and I'm just stating what i found works for me. There's plenty of N in my mothers and they're as healthy as can be, which shows in the color of my clones. IME feeding them a healthy dose of N the day before or day of (with bottled nutes) produces sub par results. I'm in no way saying you're wrong here. We're in two different rooms with different styles and even very different climates. What I do works for me and it works well...same goes for you. I'm not trying to teach the Farm how to clone here, or profess that I'm some kind of clone guru. I was just asked to give some details about what I do specifically and that's all I've done. Tomāto Tomäto. lol :)
I agree 110%

true grit

true grit

Ya I know what you're saying and makes me wonder if N availability in bottle nutes vs. in actual soil. Cuz thinking back, things never cloned as quick or stayed as green until it was in the soil mix vs. bottle nutes. Kinda interesting. Now its just set it and forget it in the dome and stay on up pot.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Ya I know what you're saying and makes me wonder if N availability in bottle nutes vs. in actual soil. Cuz thinking back, things never cloned as quick or stayed as green until it was in the soil mix vs. bottle nutes. Kinda interesting. Now its just set it and forget it in the dome and stay on up pot.
That could very well be the reason we've seen differences in our cloning. I don't know enough about the actual botany side of things to state any of this as fact. It's all bro science over here bra! lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

just got a turbo kloner and had mad roots in 7-9 days just planted them today - beginners luck ? i suppose - we shall see but all i did was ph the water add some vit b and clone gel - dipped clones in oliva's gel added to kloner and all 12 rooted - ran 24/7 with fan and in a room at 75 degree's as I was tired of the heat mat thing - guess time will tell .... but a few lost clones wouldn't set me back as bad as you D,

room in looking great D , love that camera shot... keep killin it bro....

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
just got a turbo kloner and had mad roots in 7-9 days just planted them today - beginners luck ? i suppose - we shall see but all i did was ph the water add some vit b and clone gel - dipped clones in oliva's gel added to kloner and all 12 rooted - ran 24/7 with fan and in a room at 75 degree's as I was tired of the heat mat thing - guess time will tell .... but a few lost clones wouldn't set me back as bad as you D,

room in looking great D , love that camera shot... keep killin it bro....

Yeah my first round of cuts in the cloner was decent and then it was horrible from that point on.

This is the last thread I was expecting to turn into a clone discussion. lmao

Thanks Sos!

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

I grow in completely sealed rooms...just make sure your co2 goes off a few hours before lights out so plants eat up as much as possible. But the plants are the fresh air it's what they do. No? Absorb co2 produce fresh air.

Top Bottom