• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Why must post titles be 5 words?

Anyway...

4 plants transplanted a few weeks ago into indoor pots in our sunroom. 3 doing just fine. All the same conditions, soil, watering, they're right near each other.

First 3 plants great, getting bigger, growing faster every day, each mew leaf set bigger and better. Plant #4, new leaf growth curling down and in quite a bit.

Ok everyone whats this problem
Ok everyone whats this problem 2
Ok everyone whats this problem 3
Ok everyone whats this problem 4
B

Bdubs

I see a three leaf new growth on that plant. Although that is no direct proven indicator, it is a sign of ultimate stress if not just a mutation which it isn’t the whole plant. I believe your 3 leaf may be telling you its roots are being eaten.

B

Bdubs

I said this recently to someone as a suggestion to keep it under control from day one. T Drops

B

Bdubs

Use t drops and look for new 5 leaf growth, by the looks of her native fan leaf count.

B

Bdubs

Use t drops and look for new 5 leaf growth, by the looks of her native fan leaf count.
It works pretty dang fast to stop them. You should see healthy growth after about a week. If that is what it is. Look for maggots or little worm 🐛 looking things in the soil.

B

Bdubs

I have a 3 leaf bitch. She just didn’t want to make more leads. Either she revegged or she just never wanted to grow more than 3 leafs. She is stunted and totally behind. It could have been nats because I had them at one point and got rid of them.

Left side plant is a different cut in the same bucket. Three leafs, she said F it.

IMG 6498
B

Bdubs

I have a 3 leaf bitch. She just didn’t want to make more leads. Either she revegged or she just never wanted to grow more than 3 leafs. She is stunted and totally behind. It could have been nats because I had them at one point and got rid of them.

Left side plant is a different cut in the same bucket. Three leafs, she said F it.
The cut on the right DID make three leaf growth and that’s why I say that is your culprit, most likely. As after fixing with T Drops, I cut all 3 finger leaves off of it and she never grew them again. This has happened twice to me where I found maggots in the reservoir. Very common problem to have. Higher probabilities if you grow near other veggies or fruits or plants. T drop them too.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Nitrogen or fungus gnats?
I don’t see any real evidence of them, would need to see some pics. I don’t know a lot though 🤣 I’m an amateur.

B

Bdubs

Well check this out. Better angle for you. I had maggots in the water and they both got three finger leaf growth. The one I chopped all of them off of because it was only a few never grew them again after I got rid of them. You can definitely see that she has wanted to grow 5 leaf but they are very premature for their size. There is one big leaf with 5 fingers and very mutated. It was being ate up by nat maggots.

IMG 6497
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Im not an expert, i just throw a bunch of shit at the wall until it sticks.

I know what mite, thrip, and leaf miner damage looks like. Oh yea, caterpillar, crickett, and leaf hopper too
I’ve been growing for 22 years. It looks like mild nitrogen toxicity, I can see some amendments added to the soil, so depending on what was used there, and if they are using liquid fertz on top of that, it’s most definitely a nitrogen toxicity, so I would step down the whatever veg nute is being used by half for a couple weeks.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Im not an expert, i just throw a bunch of shit at the wall until it sticks.

I know what mite, thrip, and leaf miner damage looks like. Oh yea, caterpillar, crickett, and leaf hopper too
Just busting balls homie. You’ll get to know me, I’m an ass. I mean well though.

Stokes

Stokes

I’ve been growing for 22 years. It looks like mild nitrogen toxicity, I can see some amendments added to the soil, so depending on what was used there, and if they are using liquid fertz on top of that, it’s most definitely a nitrogen toxicity, so I would step down the whatever veg nute is being used by half for a couple weeks.

Youre probably right. I was leaning towards root issues because whenever i get the excess nitrogen, ill get the very dark waxxy leaves with 90 degree clawing

B

Bdubs

My growth should be a lot further for these but I have 4 buckets and I have been Fn around to find out. Next grow will be controlled and everything practiced that was learned.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Youre probably right. I was leaning towards root issues because whenever i get the excess nitrogen, ill get the very dark waxxy leaves with 90 degree clawing
Some strains are way more touchy than others in that regard too though, now don’t get me wrong, it could be root issues, but I can’t imagine that pot already being to small for that plant, which means roots aren’t dying attracting fungus gnats. There’s also the question of that grow area, there is stress on whatever plant is in the background too. It could go either way, I just find it hard to call out fungus gnats in pics, they don’t leave easily readable damage like thrips and mites ect….

B

Bdubs

Some strains are way more touchy than others in that regard too though, now don’t get me wrong, it could be root issues, but I can’t imagine that pot already being to small for that plant, which means roots aren’t dying attracting fungus gnats. There’s also the question of that grow area, there is stress on whatever plant is in the background too. It could go either way, I just find it hard to call out fungus gnats in pics, they don’t leave easily readable damage like thrips and mites ect….
100% random three leaf growth or even 1 leaf (worse stress) is an indication of high stress, enough stress to alter how it wants to grow. It’s so confused from something it doesn’t want it’s growing 3.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep either gnats or slight nitrogen overdose..

Top Bottom