Ok everyone, what's this problem?

• Thread starter Harpua88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
yep either gnats or slight nitrogen overdose..
I will add though, I’ve only ever dealt with gnats a few times over the years, the random bag of dirt I didn’t do my due diligence with, then used indoors, I’ve always got a grip on them immediately and never really had a true headache from them either. Full disclosure.

B

Bdubs

I had a herm that I nitro burned pretty good and only from adding a .5N extra nutrient that I ended up cutting out. All the leafs were dark before I saw drooping leafs that looked like they were soaking and darkening. Now, it is possible that she had nats too, which I controlled as well (first infestation). But in her defense, she was a 17 week veg as she gutted out all my Fn around until I pruned her so hard she hermed out. But yeah, she had dark leafs and shinny before I saw drooping and curling on select leafs.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I had a herm that I nitro burned pretty good and only from adding a .5N extra nutrient that I ended up cutting out. All the leafs were dark before I saw drooping leafs that looked like they were soaking and darkening. Now, it is possible that she had nats too, which I controlled as well (first infestation). But in her defense, she was a 17 week veg as she gutted out all my Fn around until I pruned her so hard she hermed out. But yeah, she had dark leafs and shinny before I saw drooping and curling on select leafs.
This is one of my plants with a slight n toxicity, musta got some nutes from the very bottom of the basin (unmixed sitting) and I dosed her. She will get 3-4 water feeds and will be back at it.

IMG 7171
B

Bdubs

This is one of my plants with a slight n toxicity, musta got some nutes from the very bottom of the basin (unmixed sitting) and I dosed her. She will get 3-4 water feeds and will be back at it.
I see that dark color. It resembles yours pretty well, the picture in question. It is possible there are two things going on. The three fingers is def. not good by any means.

I’ll concur with N toxicity for sure.

But, where is that three finger stress coming from?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I see that dark color. It resembles yours pretty well, the picture in question. It is possible there are two things going on. The three fingers is def. not good by any means.

I’ll concur with N toxicity for sure.

But, where is that three finger stress coming from?
Most likely an inconsistency In lighting, looks like a green house, maybe a garage light, porch, street light. that’s messing with the veg cycle.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Why must post titles be 5 words?

Anyway...

4 plants transplanted a few weeks ago into indoor pots in our sunroom. 3 doing just fine. All the same conditions, soil, watering, they're right near each other.

First 3 plants great, getting bigger, growing faster every day, each mew leaf set bigger and better. Plant #4, new leaf growth curling down and in quite a bit.
Why would you two just hit the "like" button? What's with this place?? 😉

B

Bdubs

Did some reading real quick and it can be a bunch of reasons. Lighting cycles, underwatering, re-veg, changing light schedules! (You just repotted and relocated?), genetics.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You have too much Nitrogen!!

Same soil for all 4 plants, no added nutrients yet.
What soil? If it’s hot it’s hot, the soil I use, has a surplus of nitrogen, so I just don’t use any veg nutes for a week or two longer depending on strain. Completely possible….

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I see a three leaf new growth on that plant. Although that is no direct proven indicator, it is a sign of ultimate stress if not just a mutation which it isn’t the whole plant. I believe your 3 leaf may be telling you its roots are being eaten.
Shit.......ok, yeah there might be something attacking the roots. These pots were from outside....if new leaf growth doesn't get better asap I'm gonna take this one outside and look at the roots.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Shit.......ok, yeah there might be something attacking the roots. These pots were from outside....if new leaf growth doesn't get better asap I'm gonna take this one outside and look at the roots.
Hell, pop it up and see, you’ll know…..

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Did some reading real quick and it can be a bunch of reasons. Lighting cycles, underwatering, re-veg, changing light schedules! (You just repotted and relocated?), genetics.
Yeah.......maybe this one couldn't handle that shift. These were my indoor/closet overflow plants. I gave them to my wife to work with. Even though it's early summer it's not 20 hrs of powerful LED on.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
What soil? If it’s hot it’s hot, the soil I use, has a surplus of nitrogen, so I just don’t use any veg nutes for a week or two longer depending on strain. Completely possible….
Same as what I'm using in my closet, yeah, rich spil, peat, perlite, but not as much, vermiculite, a little coco coir. It is rich, and she may have given this one a little too much water when it was transplanted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom