One Plant One Scrog Contest CannaGranny Style

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@PerfecTrader @PipeCarver I put up a post #900 where I tried to explain how I use it. Sometimes pics are easier.

Fan leaf with petiole goes in the garlic press:

Pressing makes sap:

Sap goes on clean glass:

Close the lid and make sure you have full coverage of the glass. If you don't squeeze harder.

Look thru the meter. You should see white on the bottom, and blue on the top if your meter is like mine. Look at the number where the color changes. Thats brix for that leaf.

You simply fkin bro, period. Good news is the meter is cool af. Bad news is no matter how many times I tested in hopes the #s would go up 😖 it is safe to say that Puff is struggling to be a 4. I'd say 3.9ish 😞

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sunupdate. I think 9 days since flushed and 5 days since 1st watered gaia 2-8-4 top dressed into soil per advice feom @Shaded_One 🙏 definitely sense an improvement and thanks again brotha.
@Moe.Red I received that brix meter. Going to try to figure it out in a bit and was hopin could share results for your feedback 🤲🙌

she's lookin like she has a point to prove! should be a good grow as long as you keep up on her food. I'd say in 3 weeks give her another top dressing of the 2-8-4 at 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 of a cups worth.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I'm not one for a bunch of gadgets, but this one is super cool. Refractometer kind of sounds like something a paranormal investigator would use. 🤣 Might have to get one just for fun... and in case I get haunted. 🤓
Hey Lady, that’s an EMP meter. I have one of those, not much for growing ganja, but it will freak the hell out of you if ya smoke the ganja and then use the meter! 😂

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You simply fkin bro, period. Good news is the meter is cool af. Bad news is no matter how many times I tested in hopes the #s would go up 😖 it is safe to say that Puff is struggling to be a 4. I'd say 3.9ish 😞
I'd like to defer to @Shaded_One on what's next. He's much more familiar with your grow style than me.

Basically, you are measuring the result of photosynthesis. The things that you do to improve photosynthesis will also improve the plant overall. Brix just gives you feedback on if the step you took is working, or if something different is needed. For example, if you think you need N, add some, and brix goes down - that was the wrong answer!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I'd like to defer to @Shaded_One on what's next. He's much more familiar with your grow style than me.

Basically, you are measuring the result of photosynthesis. The things that you do to improve photosynthesis will also improve the plant overall. Brix just gives you feedback on if the step you took is working, or if something different is needed. For example, if you think you need N, add some, and brix goes down - that was the wrong answer!
In women speak it’s as simple as choosing a Hubby, the process of elimination. 🙂
PS… I did kiss a few frogs..

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I don't know much about how @PerfecTrader is growing either 😜 I just know that he was in a rough spot when his growing guru was busy shooting testicle hairs off of flies. Hopefully he's on a good path now to finish out this run of his :)

Zombierider

Zombierider

@PerfecTrader @PipeCarver I put up a post #900 where I tried to explain how I use it. Sometimes pics are easier.

Fan leaf with petiole goes in the garlic press:

View attachment 1317894

Pressing makes sap:

View attachment 1317895

Sap goes on clean glass:

View attachment 1317896

Close the lid and make sure you have full coverage of the glass. If you don't squeeze harder.

View attachment 1317897

Look thru the meter. You should see white on the bottom, and blue on the top if your meter is like mine. Look at the number where the color changes. Thats brix for that leaf.
Holy F I need me one of these. I cant find out where y'all were discussing this meter but looks like a nice extra insight into wtf is going on with these plant ladies. What exactly are you looking for with this device?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Holy F I need me one of these. I cant find out where y'all were discussing this meter but looks like a nice extra insight into wtf is going on with these plant ladies. What exactly are you looking for with this device?

@Moe.Red has a couple posts over the last few pages with really good explications 👌🏼

Explication? C'mon phone. Explanation.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I don't know much about how @PerfecTrader is growing either 😜 I just know that he was in a rough spot when his growing guru was busy shooting testicle hairs off of flies. Hopefully he's on a good path now to finish out this run of his :)
OooooooEmGeeeeeee!
What you do is so close, I am happy you were the one to help him out! Thank you! But seriously, flys have those kind of hairs???
Just so you know, I am notified via email of any msg on this forum. When and if I did, I drug up like an ole two legged dawg and replied. He in the kindness and caring of his heart, chose to not bother me.
So Mister, line up the crooked 🧙‍♂️ hat ya got, and go smoke one! 🥰

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

OooooooEmGeeeeeee!
What you do is so close, I am happy you were the one to help him out! Thank you! But seriously, flys have those kind of hairs???
Just so you know, I am notified via email of any msg on this forum. When and if I did, I drug up like an ole two legged dawg and replied. He in the kindness and caring of his heart, chose to not bother me.
So Mister, line up the crooked 🧙‍♂️ hat ya got, and go smoke one! 🥰

If flies do have those kinda hairs I'm sure you'd be the one to know/shoot them clean off from half a mile away 😂

He was being a good boi for the most part! I could just sense the depression vibes creeping in when you weren't responding on his threads ;)

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

If flies do have those kinda hairs I'm sure you'd be the one to know/shoot them clean off from half a mile away 😂

He was being a good boi for the most part! I could just sense the depression vibes creeping in when you weren't responding on his threads ;)
I didn’t and don’t see threads via email, what I see is pvt msgs via the forum. Thanks for popping in and pulling my slack. I know he has in writing the entire process, but when he got into trouble, I was unaware. Good thing is there are growers like you, that pulled my slack and it seems he is sitting pretty.
There are days worth of posts to sift through at this point and I’m trying to just get caught up.
I have been chasing that shooter of the year for four years running. The guys have give me a run for my money. This means free tshirts, loading components, powder, barrels and sponsored rooms when I travel to shoot.
Once again thanks for all you have done! 🥰

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I remember seeing one of those refractometers when I was 12. I had gone pheasant hunting with a group of families and we were staying at a friends vineyard. I remember when they were giving us a tour of the place someone asked how they knew when the grapes were ripe. We were out in the field and the guide pulled out a refractometer and squeezed a bunch of grape juice on the refractometer and looked through the end of it.

He said something to the effect of when light shines through it it gives off certain colors that you can read as far as sugar levels.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I didn’t and don’t see threads via email, what I see is pvt msgs via the forum. Thanks for popping in and pulling my slack. I know he has in writing the entire process, but when he got into trouble, I was unaware. Good thing is there are growers like you, that pulled my slack and it seems he is sitting pretty.
There are days worth of posts to sift through at this point and I’m trying to just get caught up.
I have been chasing that shooter of the year for four years running. The guys have give me a run for my money. This means free tshirts, loading components, powder, barrels and sponsored rooms when I travel to shoot.
Once again thanks for all you have done! 🥰

I honestly didn't really do much except decipher his nutrient list, pick the one that I was familiar with and gave him a band-aid instruction list to hopefully hold him over for a month or so 🤣 with all the folks here he's in good hands. I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed by threads and messages. I really wish when you "watched" a thread you would just get ONE notification telling you that there have been new posts on that watched thread since you've been there. I do not need an individual notification for EVERY like, interaction, or reply on that thread in my notification thread. I would actually use the watch thread function if it didn't flood my notifications

/rant for @logic 🧙‍♂️

ps don't feel guilty about turning your focus elsewhere in life, especially when you've been presented with such an opportunity CG! These windows don't stay open for very long

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I honestly didn't really do much except decipher his nutrient list, pick the one that I was familiar with and gave him a band-aid instruction list to hopefully hold him over for a month or so 🤣 with all the folks here he's in good hands. I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed by threads and messages. I really wish when you "watched" a thread you would just get ONE notification telling you that there have been new posts on that watched thread since you've been there. I do not need an individual notification for EVERY like, interaction, or reply on that thread in my notification thread. I would actually use the watch thread function if it didn't flood my notifications

/rant for @logic 🧙‍♂️
I can fully appreciate that. Already every day I delete hundreds of emails, just to get to the real stuff. Marking them as spam is a losing battle.
I don’t get any notices via email, only the private convo ones. I rely on the notification button in here when I come in. That helps.
Im trying to find out what is causing my method to go awry as it’s a fool proof method that I have been running for over seven years now with no deficiencies or problems. My students have xlent success with it. What I am thinking.. water. Some of these places chlorination numbers are off the charts! Even if you allowed a twenty four hr period for degassing, I don’t think it’s enough?
Another prob I am finding is folks adding or changing lights midgrow. A stronger light prompts a larger N burn and what stage you do this makes a difference in the outcome.
I am also dealing with folks that think more is better. More feedings, bigger growth (not generally under an organic method) keeping plants just saturated and wet all the time.
So, to this day I still learn about the grower and the growers as well. 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom