Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Thanksgiving and the best blessings to everyone! My wife has been working on a batch of green chili all day and now pressure canning it. Tonight is sirloin steak, smothered potato's in the chili, corn, and broccoli. Plus homemade bread!:)
Here is an update on the newest part of our garden. Nice to confirm that these two Kodiak Gold's are both female and have been in bloom since this last Monday.
P 1

P 2

L 1

L 2

R 1
R 2

Here are the two freebie seedlings that I cut down from too much stretch and repotted doing nicely.

I planted two more seeds today being some SweetDawg by the breeder Dank House Seeds. I have grew some out in the past but was interrupted having to move five years back. Here is the genetics!

Dank House Seeds - Sweetdawg
This is another cross of our Kiwi Aliendawg she was hit with the Strawberry Alien Kush Male which has a cherry/strawberry incense kush smell. Expect some big yielding Aliens in with these.

Genetics: AlienDawg x Strawberry Alien Kush
Height: short - medium
Smell: Chemical incense skunk
Taste: Earthy hashy chemical skunk
Yield: Medium-high
Flowering Time: 9 weeks

Strain Lineage / Genealogy

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Sunday morning to everyone. I can't hardly believe that it is already December. After some discussion in another thread I decided yesterday to again start using supplemental UVB lighting in both the Veg and Bloom areas that I already had sitting here. I like those new Power Veg bulbs by Hortilux but they only come in 4 foot bulbs and are very pricey. I'm using 10.0 Reptisun bulbs in both areas. I have to say that duct tape is so versatile and all that I used it to mount both lights. Here is the Veg area with the 24 inch UVB now mounted on the front edge of my 4 bulb T5.
Nurs 1

Nurs 2

Nurs 3

My low budget LED's do emit some UV's and this should really help them out with this 3 foot UVB in between them.
Bloom 1

Bloom 2
I hope everyone has a great day!:)

Foxlink

Foxlink

Hiya Orca :) been a while, sorry I've just getting back into 'the swing of things' again, stop by sometime today if you can, check out how well the girls and the rest of the garden! =^_^=
-Fox

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy Sunday morning to everyone, Always a pleasure to have you drop in Foxlink! I love your enthusiasm and will stop by your thread later today.:)
Lets update the garden. I've been given a great opportunity to be a tester for Gave Digger seeds and again have to thank @Shamus. I planted the eight seeds on Tuesday and as of this morning four are completely up. Of the other four, three are almost up.
Gd 1

Gd 2

Nurs 2

The rest of the nursery.
Nurs

Here are current five in bloom. First are these two Kodiak Gold's right at three weeks in.
Kgl 1

Kgl 2

Kgl 3

Kgd 1

Kgd 2

Kgd 3

Next is this Platinum Cookie x Blue Doggy Dogg also three weeks in.
Pc 1
Pc 2

Pc 3

And last are these two Cherry Bomb Indica's almost ready to harvest for Christmas smoke.:)
Cb 1 1

Cb 1 2

Cb 2 1

Cb 2 2

Thank You Lord for these two also!

Kits
Srenots

Srenots

Happy Sunday morning to everyone, Always a pleasure to have you drop in Foxlink! I love your enthusiasm and will stop by your thread later today.:)
Lets update the garden. I've been given a great opportunity to be a tester for Gave Digger seeds and again have to thank @Shamus. I planted the eight seeds on Tuesday and as of this morning four are completely up. Of the other four, three are almost up.
View attachment 651912
View attachment 651913
View attachment 651922
The rest of the nursery.
View attachment 651923
Here are current five in bloom. First are these two Kodiak Gold's right at three weeks in.
View attachment 651918
View attachment 651919
View attachment 651920
View attachment 651915
View attachment 651916
View attachment 651917
View attachment 651924 View attachment 651925
View attachment 651926
And last are these two Cherry Bomb Indica's almost ready to harvest for Christmas smoke.:)
View attachment 651907
View attachment 651908
View attachment 651910
View attachment 651911
go man go....looks great as usual....that Cherry Bomb is no joke....is it from Reeferman?

BudBogart

BudBogart

View attachment 651912
View attachment 651913
View attachment 651922
The rest of the nursery.
View attachment 651923
View attachment 651918
View attachment 651919
View attachment 651920
View attachment 651915
View attachment 651916
View attachment 651917
View attachment 651924 View attachment 651925
View attachment 651926
View attachment 651907
View attachment 651908
View attachment 651910
View attachment 651911

Good to see such healthy plants. You have them dialed in, as you always do.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good to see such healthy plants. You have them dialed in, as you always do
Great to here from you BB. How well did your harvest cure up? Me and my wife wish you and yours a Merry Christmas!
Wanted to update a few of the plants and note since going back to using supplemental UVB lighting the plants have really responded.
Here are the two Sweet Dawg sprouts
Sd

Here are these two unknown freebies finally shaping up.
Fre 1

Fre 2

These two Kodiak Gold's are really doing well. They are putting out a very interesting smell now that I can't describe.
Kg 1 1

Kg 1 2

Kg 2 1

Kd 2 2

Hope everyone has a great holiday week!

incogneato

incogneato

Great to here from you BB. How well did your harvest cure up? Me and my wife wish you and yours a Merry Christmas!
Wanted to update a few of the plants and note since going back to using supplemental UVB lighting the plants have really responded.
Here are the two Sweet Dawg sprouts
View attachment 653683
Here are these two unknown freebies finally shaping up.
View attachment 653676
View attachment 653677
These two Kodiak Gold's are really doing well. They are putting out a very interesting smell now that I can't describe.
View attachment 653679
View attachment 653680
View attachment 653681
View attachment 653678
Hope everyone has a great holiday week!
I want to get some uvb going when I flower but just for the last 2 weeks. I would like to do a comparative with and w/o

Srenots

Srenots

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good Saturday to everyone, Well it looks like I will be running the show in the picture of the month. logic sent me a pm last night asking me if I wanted the job. Since I will no longer be entering the contest. I'll have to show them more here in my journal!:)
Here are the next three almost ready to take. All three are 48 days in 12's and now in flush mode that still consists of two components using Nectar for the Gods being Herculean Harvest (liquid bone meal), and Aphrodites Extraction (carbon)
Canopy temps are only hitting 73 degrees max. And floor temps are holding right at 68 degrees helping create some very nice colors.
Kodiak Gold 1
Kg 1 1

Kg 1 2

Kg 1 3

Kg 1 4

Kg 1 5

Kodiak Gold 2
Kg 2 1

Kd 2 2

Kg 2 3

Kg 2 4

Platinum Cookies x Blue Doggy Dogg
Pc 1

Pc 2

Pc 3

Pc 4

incogneato

incogneato

A good Saturday to everyone, Well it looks like I will be running the show in the picture of the month. logic sent me a pm last night asking me if I wanted the job. Since I will no longer be entering the contest. I'll have to show them more here in my journal!:)
Here are the next three almost ready to take. All three are 48 days in 12's and now in flush mode that still consists of two components using Nectar for the Gods being Herculean Harvest (liquid bone meal), and Aphrodites Extraction (carbon)
Canopy temps are only hitting 73 degrees max. And floor temps are holding right at 68 degrees helping create some very nice colors.
Kodiak Gold 1
View attachment 657970
View attachment 657971
View attachment 657972
View attachment 657973
View attachment 657974
Kodiak Gold 2
View attachment 657975
View attachment 657969
View attachment 657976
View attachment 657977
Platinum Cookies x Blue Doggy Dogg
View attachment 657978
View attachment 657979
View attachment 657980
View attachment 657981
He got the right man for the job! Those Kodiak's are looking amazing, you're right, the colors are coming in.

Orcaman

Orcaman

He got the right man for the job! Those Kodiak's are looking amazing, you're right, the colors are coming in.
Thanks buddy, So do you have your bloom area ready to go? I'm looking forward to seeing your first big finish!:)
Well this morning I harvested the #2 Kodiak Gold 52 days old. I have been short on supply ever since the mite fight a few months back. This girl can turn a pure dark lavender!
Trim

Bud 1

Bud 2

Just wanted to show that this is a hollow stemmed girl.
Stem

Yeild

Srenots

Srenots

Thanks buddy, So do you have your bloom area ready to go? I'm looking forward to seeing your first big finish!:)
Well this morning I harvested the #2 Kodiak Gold 52 days old. I have been short on supply ever since the mite fight a few months back. This girl can turn a pure dark lavender!
View attachment 658957
View attachment 658954
View attachment 658955
View attachment 658956
View attachment 658958
very nice....

incogneato

incogneato

View attachment 658957
View attachment 658954
View attachment 658955
View attachment 658956
View attachment 658958
I'm so close. I've been working every day so I haven't had any time to finish. I'm keeping the gals happy for now. I plan on getting them in there by next week. Thanks for the support on my grow. That Kodiak looks amazing. Gonna need a smoke report on her.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I'm so close. I've been working every day so I haven't had any time to finish. I'm keeping the gals happy for now. I plan on getting them in there by next week. Thanks for the support on my grow. That Kodiak looks amazing. Gonna need a smoke report on her.
You are going to have a jungle going here in a couple of weeks!:) Just make sure that your bloom area has no light leaks. I want to suggest sheeting it with Orca Grow Film. The stuff is amazing. I have even made my own tent with it. My lean to walls and floor in my bloom area are currently sheeted with it

ORCA Grow Film® is made from threads of a high density specialized reflective plastic which are bonded together creating a unique surface topography. The resulting geometry of the microfibers and the submicron pores within the microfiber, create a highly reflective and diffuse surface. The same principal is found in snowflakes, where normally transparent water is transformed into reflective bright white snow through the unique geometry of ice crystal formation. Diffuse reflection is important to hydroponic growers because it eliminates hot spots and creates the even, efficient distribution of light plants desire.

100xsmagnification.jpg

100 times magnification
ORCA%20retro.jpg
500xsmagnification.jpg

500 times magnification

ORCA Grow Filmâ„¢ is unique when compared to traditional
reflective foils because its surface reflection is both:

A) 99% diffuse reflectance
B) Highest full spectrum reflectance
ORCA Grow FilmTM provides the following unique advantages over traditional reflective foils:

- 99% Diffuse Surface: Microfiber structure creates even light distribution across material surface regardless of incident angle of light. The resulting isotropic surface luminance eliminates hot spots and does not require surface to be hung flat during installation. (Specular vs. Diffuse and Why diffuse reflection matters)
- Highly Reflective Surface: 94% reflectivity across the full visible light spectrum, ORCA Grow FilmTM is the highest performing reflective surface in the hydroponic industry.(Performance comparison (See independent 3rd party testing).(What does full visible light spectrum mean and why does it matter?)
- Thermally Reflecting:High infrared reflectance keeps heat where it should be.
- 100% Light Tight
- No Color Shift or Iridescence; Light reflected from surface maintains the original color wavelength so you get the full spectrum from your lamps.
- Durable, puncture and tear resistant: 11 mil thick.
- Waterproof. Washable and cleanable with common household cleaners.
- Mold and algae growth resistant.
- UV Protected and Stable; blocks out harmful UV light with wavelength below 400nm, material does not yellow.
- Recyclable eco-friendly material containing no halogens, plasticizers or VOCs.
- Made in USA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom