Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

You are going to have a jungle going here in a couple of weeks!:) Just make sure that your bloom area has no light leaks. I want to suggest sheeting it with Orca Grow Film. The stuff is amazing. I have even made my own tent with it. My lean to walls and floor in my bloom area are currently sheeted with it

ORCA Grow Film® is made from threads of a high density specialized reflective plastic which are bonded together creating a unique surface topography. The resulting geometry of the microfibers and the submicron pores within the microfiber, create a highly reflective and diffuse surface. The same principal is found in snowflakes, where normally transparent water is transformed into reflective bright white snow through the unique geometry of ice crystal formation. Diffuse reflection is important to hydroponic growers because it eliminates hot spots and creates the even, efficient distribution of light plants desire.

100xsmagnification.jpg

100 times magnification
ORCA%20retro.jpg
500xsmagnification.jpg

500 times magnification

ORCA Grow Film™ is unique when compared to traditional
reflective foils because its surface reflection is both:

A) 99% diffuse reflectance
B) Highest full spectrum reflectance
ORCA Grow FilmTM provides the following unique advantages over traditional reflective foils:

- 99% Diffuse Surface: Microfiber structure creates even light distribution across material surface regardless of incident angle of light. The resulting isotropic surface luminance eliminates hot spots and does not require surface to be hung flat during installation. (Specular vs. Diffuse and Why diffuse reflection matters)
- Highly Reflective Surface: 94% reflectivity across the full visible light spectrum, ORCA Grow FilmTM is the highest performing reflective surface in the hydroponic industry.(Performance comparison (See independent 3rd party testing).(What does full visible light spectrum mean and why does it matter?)
- Thermally Reflecting:High infrared reflectance keeps heat where it should be.
- 100% Light Tight
- No Color Shift or Iridescence; Light reflected from surface maintains the original color wavelength so you get the full spectrum from your lamps.
- Durable, puncture and tear resistant: 11 mil thick.
- Waterproof. Washable and cleanable with common household cleaners.
- Mold and algae growth resistant.
- UV Protected and Stable; blocks out harmful UV light with wavelength below 400nm, material does not yellow.
- Recyclable eco-friendly material containing no halogens, plasticizers or VOCs.
- Made in USA.
Haha, I have a jungle in there now! Its definitely time to get rockin. I sheetrocked to walls and mud and taped them, then painted them flat white. I also sealed the door with weather strip all the way around. I haven't even had time to update my thread...they offered me 7 days a week after the new year and I had to take it. Its supposed to really slow down soon and I need grow stuff :cry::cry::cry: Thanks for the suggestion on the orca film (any relation? lol) this area I'm in is temporary so I'm going a little cheaper but when I build out my permamnet space in plan on looking into orca film. Sorry to jack your thread lol

Orcaman

Orcaman

Haha, I have a jungle in there now! Its definitely time to get rockin. I sheetrocked to walls and mud and taped them, then painted them flat white. I also sealed the door with weather strip all the way around. I haven't even had time to update my thread...they offered me 7 days a week after the new year and I had to take it. Its supposed to really slow down soon and I need grow stuff :cry::cry::cry: Thanks for the suggestion on the orca film (any relation? lol) this area I'm in is temporary so I'm going a little cheaper but when I build out my permamnet space in plan on looking into orca film. Sorry to jack your thread lol
Flat white paint is nice but it does not clean well. Glad to hear that your busy. The initial investments to grow your own can really add up!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

incogneato, Here is a product that I used in my first bloom area to be durable and easy to clean for a fair price. $25.00 at Home Depot

ANViL ROOF-TEC Ultra 100% Premium Elastomeric Roof Coating is specially formulated by the siliconized process to provide superior self-cleaning technology. It also has the added benefit of containing Ceramic MicroCells that reduce heat flux through the coating. ROOF-TEC Ultra combines the premium performance formulated with Elastomeric Resins, Siliconized and MicroCells Cool Roof Technology superior coating. Its brilliant white finish is not only beautified, but reflects up to 90% of the sun’s rays (ASTM C1549-02 Solar Reflectance) and lowers heat flux by 60% (ASTM C518-98 heat flux and thermal transmission) to lower the heat buildup and reducing air conditioning costs. Stays brighter longer for it is siliconized and contains a fungicide to resist mildew growth on the product film (ASTM D5590-00 Fungal Resistance on paint film). Do not use on flat roofs. Roofs must have adequate pitch to allow water to run off. Apply with roller or airless sprayer. Allow 24-hours between coats. Apply only when temperatures are above 50°F and when humidity is below 95% for the next 24 rain free hours. If the roof is hot or day is windy, apply a mist-spray with water just before application to avoid sealer from drying too fast. Two or three (for warranty) full coats at the rate of 80-100 sq. ft. per Gal. are needed for proper sealing. Apply at package consistency.
  • High adhesion latest chemical technology seals and protects
  • Expands and contracts with thermal shock
  • Forms a thick rubber like blanket on your roof
  • Helps absorb sound and reduces interior temperatures
  • Thick and seamless protection
169b3939-d4f0-4f21-b808-f0d0a14c23fd_1000.jpg

incogneato

incogneato

Flat white paint is nice but it does not clean well. Glad to hear that your busy. The initial investments to grow your own can really add up!:)
incogneato, Here is a product that I used in my first bloom area to be durable and easy to clean for a fair price. $25.00 at Home Depot

ANViL ROOF-TEC Ultra 100% Premium Elastomeric Roof Coating is specially formulated by the siliconized process to provide superior self-cleaning technology. It also has the added benefit of containing Ceramic MicroCells that reduce heat flux through the coating. ROOF-TEC Ultra combines the premium performance formulated with Elastomeric Resins, Siliconized and MicroCells Cool Roof Technology superior coating. Its brilliant white finish is not only beautified, but reflects up to 90% of the sun’s rays (ASTM C1549-02 Solar Reflectance) and lowers heat flux by 60% (ASTM C518-98 heat flux and thermal transmission) to lower the heat buildup and reducing air conditioning costs. Stays brighter longer for it is siliconized and contains a fungicide to resist mildew growth on the product film (ASTM D5590-00 Fungal Resistance on paint film). Do not use on flat roofs. Roofs must have adequate pitch to allow water to run off. Apply with roller or airless sprayer. Allow 24-hours between coats. Apply only when temperatures are above 50°F and when humidity is below 95% for the next 24 rain free hours. If the roof is hot or day is windy, apply a mist-spray with water just before application to avoid sealer from drying too fast. Two or three (for warranty) full coats at the rate of 80-100 sq. ft. per Gal. are needed for proper sealing. Apply at package consistency.
  • High adhesion latest chemical technology seals and protects
  • Expands and contracts with thermal shock
  • Forms a thick rubber like blanket on your roof
  • Helps absorb sound and reduces interior temperatures
  • Thick and seamless protection
169b3939-d4f0-4f21-b808-f0d0a14c23fd_1000.jpg
You're a wealth of knowledge my friend. I had read about that but completely forgot about it. Simple but effective I agree about getting started. It all adds up. Once I get rollin it won't be as bad. Its a very rewarding hobby for me though, so its been worth the time and money. I really want to get a second light in the new bloom area but I think I'm gonna have to wait til next run.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Always a pleasure to try and help out when I can incogneato. I'm glad to see that you have time tomorrow to work on your bloom room!:)
Here are newest additions to my garden. First are these six that I'm test growing for Grave Digger seeds.
Super Snow
All

Next are these two Sweet Dawg's
Sd 1

You can really see in the F1 variance in these two!
Sd 2

Here is our newest female! This is an unknown freebie from a purchase here a year back.
Fre 1

Fre 2

Orcaman

Orcaman

Orca I use those same Dutch square pots I was wondering why you taped up the vent holes in the corners ?
Nice to meet icanfarm, Wow, You must be talking about a very old post and made me think about what you seen. I currently use a one and a half gallon rose bucket with just lower drainage. You must be talking about these three quarter gallon Hydrofarm pot inserts. I taped the sides for proper drain to waste and to not dry out too fast in low humidity like I have in Colorado.
Pots

Well heck, Since it is another harvest day here is my Kodiak Gold #1 last images due to harvest!:)
Kg 1 1

Kg 1 2

Kg 1 3

Kg 1 4

incogneato

incogneato

Always a pleasure to try and help out when I can incogneato. I'm glad to see that you have time tomorrow to work on your bloom room!:)
Here are newest additions to my garden. First are these six that I'm test growing for Grave Digger seeds.
Super Snow
View attachment 659745
View attachment 659748
View attachment 659749
Here is our newest female! This is an unknown freebie from a purchase here a year back.
View attachment 659746
View attachment 659747
Nice to meet icanfarm, Wow, You must be talking about a very old post and made me think about what you seen. I currently use a one and a half gallon rose bucket with just lower drainage. You must be talking about these three quarter gallon Hydrofarm pot inserts. I taped the sides for proper drain to waste and to not dry out too fast in low humidity like I have in Colorado.
View attachment 659775
Well heck, Since it is another harvest day here is my Kodiak Gold #1 last images due to harvest!:)
View attachment 659771
View attachment 659772
View attachment 659773
View attachment 659774
Do you know the lineage on the testers? They are definitely showing a little variance. I just noticed your tying technique, ingenious. 1 stake instead of 8. That Kodiak looks freaking amazing, keep cuts?

BudBogart

BudBogart

View attachment 659775
View attachment 659771
View attachment 659772
View attachment 659773
View attachment 659774
Spectacular!

Moto

Moto

Super Snow
View attachment 659745
View attachment 659748
View attachment 659749
View attachment 659746
View attachment 659747

They all look happy and healthy. Nice Job Orca and hope everything has been well for you and the Fam. =)

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 659775
View attachment 659771
View attachment 659772
View attachment 659773
View attachment 659774
wow, shes awesome, great work over there bro....

Top Bottom