Outdoor Headband x OG

• Thread starter BlackBart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Blackbart, very nice looking plants !! I have some of these coming !! What does she smell like ?? Sweet !! Thank You for showing them !! monkey5

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

I thought Medic said in an earlier thread the 707 was a watered down commercial cut, am I correct in assuming its much inferior to the cross we're working with here? Damn, I wish Medic were here to chime in. I will be posting a pic of my 6 foot HBx OG that is finishing up outdoors. Maybe I will shoot a pic of the excellent Chemdog D next to her for reference. Awesome plants! Stay tuned!

yes keyplay you are correct, the 707headband is nothing but sour d x og kush a weak commecial strain IMO. not to mention being pumped out by evey commercial grower in humboldt. Loompas cut is the best of the best for headbands, although i consider it more similar to OG. lookin good Black Bart

A

AlphaDog

hey chunky nugz.. or anyone with the knowledge, which do you think is better.. OG Rascal's Fire cut, or Loompa's Headband? From everything I've ever read on these boards it seems these two are the best of the best. And THAT, is why i want them both.. lol.

O

oldhand

I tell ya what man, I've tried both - and they're both great in their own way. If I had to choose between the two tho (thankfully I don't have to make that choice lol) - I would probably go with the loompas...
in my own head, I kinda have a top 10 list of oldschool & newschool bud - loompas is definately in the top 3 best newschool type herb I've ever had. It is godawful potent stuff. And I think I like the flavor better than the raskals as well... don't get me wrong raskals ogkush is, in my opinion, THE best ogkush variety in the world. The larry is pretty darn good tho lol! But if it came down to it, loompas headband aka the original candy kush cut, would be the obvious winner in my mind. PEACE!

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

Raskals OG is the only one ive never had a good specimen of, but i can tell u the candy is my favorite of everything ive tried. Superior potency will have u staring at the channel guide on your TV for 25minutes before you realize your not on a channel!

edit: oldhand knows what hes talkin about

A

AlphaDog

good lord i gotta get my hands on that shit lol.. i hear it's a lanky/low yielder and i suggested to Medic he cross it with a few different varieties and see what happens.
1.Short pheno of Agent Orange
2.Dr. Green Thumbs Endless Sky
3.Dr. Atomics NL #5
4.Reef's Supreme Hash Plant (Never tried this one but from the description it seems right)

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

personally i would never water down the candy with any of those strains, none of them are worthy imho... the only thing the candy should be crossed to is a killer OG, which has already been done heh.

A

AlphaDog

well I'm thinkin yield brotha without losing too much potency.. something completely unrelated to the chems/OG, also forgot to mention alot of Zoolanders stuff. His Grape Romulan, big yielding pheno of Sour Bubble, and SR71 PK/OTM cross. Never tried them but from Ripz and Zoo's description they seem.. to have a stocky stature, sick resin production as well as potency, in that order.. i dunno i just hate growing lanky/low yield shit so that's just my reasoning behind it. Another I haven't tried but I think would be a good candidate is the "SoCal G13" It's got the power but I know nothing of the yield.

BlackBart

BlackBart

The Headband is sickly sweet smelling right now . Resin production is building . I am at 44 N and these were started late so I really don't know what they would be like in a good full season outdoors . I did pollenate a few branches to have seeds for next year though .

Headband x OG   1plant
J

JohnWaynesTeeth

Man she's looking amazing. i've only heard tales of friends who saw people who knew people who had headband. cant wait to get my hands on it

A

AlphaDog

personally i would never water down the candy with any of those strains, none of them are worthy imho... the only thing the candy should be crossed to is a killer OG, which has already been done heh.

Damn.. really wish Medic wasn't banned again so he could have some input here.. but i don't think any of the strains I listed would "water" it down, but rather produce an insane commercial pheno. Right now the best one out is the Grape Romulan for those in the know. As for the AO its a good yielder with intense orange diesel flavor, NL5 probably the perfect indoor plant, Endless Sky is a big yielding potent indica. If Reef didn't lose his marbles I'd have grown his hash plant out a long time ago and saw what's what. Zoo's plants and the "SoCal" G13 I think speak for themselves. I'm just assuming that G13 has a tight indica bud structure. I'd like more info on the sourbubble though. THere's a "DMT" pheno and another one that's pretty sick and puts out a decent yield, but anyway that's the one I'm refering to.

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

lets agree to disagree here..and ill just say i know medic well enough to know his feelings on the subject.... trust me if he or loompa wanted to; they would have crossed the candy to any of those strains years ago... theres a reason they dont work the candy. YOU CANT FUCK WITH PERFECTION HAHA

A

AlphaDog

LoL.. good one Chunky nugz.. although medic DID say he considered crossing the "candy" to endless sky but didn't because he didn't want to use another breeder's work. But aside from all that.. wonder what loompas headband is made from.. hmm.. i gotta try this thing

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

i have no clue, it was gifted to him by a native american and all i know is it is the mother of all diesel/og in my book.. and believe me ive smoked every top notch named OG kush and then some. except raskals which ive just seen

true grit

true grit

If you want yield, up the light, training, and veg period. From the appearane of all things pot- you always need more light and long veg's. I'd have to second not outcrossing though, as its hard enough to find loompas to begin with LOL.

If you saw pics of Medics candy bushes, you would know that they would not be low yielders. Those bitches were absolutely huge. But that was the deleted thread.

I'll be running at least a couple emperors (hopefully) here shortly in a high watt vert room, so hopefully I can get some yield....the effort will be finding the headband leaning phenos....

A

AlphaDog

i have no clue, it was gifted to him by a native american and all i know is it is the mother of all diesel/og in my book.. and believe me ive smoked every top notch named OG kush and then some. except raskals which ive just seen

Yea his is supposedly the best one. Thats interesting it was gifted to him by a native american, I wonder if it's related to the original Chemdog. Ya know.. where the 91,D,#4 etc. came from. Chemdog was made up of what some bikers called "Dogbud" Speculation is that it was an afghani hybrid. Hey chunky nugz have you ever tried the 91? If so would you say it's like the candy? Hell they might be the same plant for all we know.

If you want yield, up the light, training, and veg period. From the appearane of all things pot- you always need more light and long veg's. I'd have to second not outcrossing though, as its hard enough to find loompas to begin with LOL.

If you saw pics of Medics candy bushes, you would know that they would not be low yielders. Those bitches were absolutely huge. But that was the deleted thread.

I'll be running at least a couple emperors (hopefully) here shortly in a high watt vert room, so hopefully I can get some yield....the effort will be finding the headband leaning phenos....

I get what you're saying. Training etc isn't my personal style though. I'm more of an SOG guy. The pics you saw were probably vegged for a pretty long time though because I'm going by information directly from Medic for ex: when I say "lanky growth/low yield"

true grit

true grit

Oh yeah plenty of veg time on those, some were mothers, studs, etc, but all obviously vegged nicely and with plenty of root space to grow into. Yeah SOG I wouldn't see many of these strains yielding uber heavily, some OG's/chems with some training dont yield hell of a lot either...but the proof is in the puddin! Ha. Hope we do eventually get some candy bx's or headbands sometime though!

A

AlphaDog

Well lets see.. Medic is banned.. Mota is gone.. n the other guy has his own site which i can't mention or I'll get banned lol.. so ehh... yea I don't see any comin anytime soon.. well to the farm anyway

true grit

true grit

I'm sure Meds or Loompa or Logic will hook it up at some point, just gonna have to kick ass with some Emperors for a bit and be patient.....look for the maroon striped phenos Meds said, straight headband traits....

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

yea ive smoked lots of the 91chem and its nothing like the candy, i can definately say ITS NOT THE SAME PLANT. i prefer the candy allday vs 91chem.candy is the best of skunk, diesels and og's all in one, with unmatchable potency once dialed. that seems to be the only way i can explain it...yea maroon striping and they grow lanky as hell low yield

Top Bottom