Over lighting??

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, about to set up my 3rd crop and had a question. Im finding higher watt lights than the ones I need. Im not sure of the specifics of over lighting but how much is too much?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hello, about to set up my 3rd crop and had a question. Im finding higher watt lights than the ones I need. Im not sure of the specifics of over lighting but how much is too much?

The answer depends on whether you are supplementing CO2. Without that, too much is over like 1000ppfd I think. With supplementing, maybe 1500? I am basing this on cocoforcannabis guys.

When I put my two viparapectra full spectrum LEDs on my plants in a 3x3 tent, (150w real pull each), that was too much. So it's not that hard to do (they have a dimmer).

Dan789

Dan789

I’m running 600 true watts (measured from the receptacle) in a 4x4 tent, with enough spacing over the tops of the plants, works fine...no par meter

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dropping down to like 28 watts per square foot with the strip type fixtures does not take much away from overall yield
Yeah I'm a 30w/sq ft guy. Height makes a big difference so it can vary but 40-50w seems excessive to me unless you are hanging em higher for more even coverage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The answer depends on whether you are supplementing CO2. Without that, too much is over like 1000ppfd I think. With supplementing, maybe 1500? I am basing this on cocoforcannabis guys.

When I put my two viparapectra full spectrum LEDs on my plants in a 3x3 tent, (150w real pull each), that was too much. So it's not that hard to do (they have a dimmer).
Yeah over 1000ppfd imo is to much without CO2.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Ideally you want to know at which point the plant is getting its near maximum input, this can be measured...

The goal is the have maximum light at every bud site, via vertical lighting and horizontal.

as long as you know the intensity, you can keep increasing photosynthesis to 100%, from below 50%.. if your 9 factors are perfected.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ideally you want to know at which point the plant is getting its near maximum input, this can be measured...

The goal is the have maximum light at every bud site, via vertical lighting and horizontal.

as long as you know the intensity, you can keep increasing photosynthesis to 100%, from below 50%.. if your 9 factors are perfected.
Someone has been watching Bruce bugbee. 👍👍👍

Photoperiod and intensity are also key factors. Basically DLI is what we wanna know. And when we need the most intensity is flower because of the reduced photoperiod

Dan789

Dan789

Well, 300 is the lowest I can find for a good price with everything I want included (fans, veg/bloom settings etc.) Is it too much?
What I was referring to was how you figured 300 watts. Many fixtures are sold with an arbitrary number, which unless you’ve drilled down into the manufacturers info, may not be the actual watts...IE In the past I purchased a 1200 fixture, it’s draw was only 240 watts...

Top Bottom