Over lighting??

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Oh wow, I see that now. How can they do that?? Well most of them im looking at say 600w and are cheaper but thats too many. What about this?
Check this out at Amazon.com
New Upgrade 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants with Thermometer Humidity Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NJ6L3P/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Y5N8EbYC7BJH5
I'm am going to have to go on the cheaper nd so maybe 2 of these for a 32x32? That should be plenty right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm am going to have to go on the cheaper nd so maybe 2 of these for a 32x32? That should be plenty right?
I feel like 1 of the 600 will get ya by in the 3x3. Then you will make enough to upgrade. That's kinda how I would go about it but thats just my opinion

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I feel like 1 of the 600 will get ya by in the 3x3. Then you will make enough to upgrade. That's kinda how I would go about it but thats just my opinion
One of the 600s similar to the one I listed said 135 from wall so of those id need 2 right?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah I love LED but these companies I tell ya infuriate me and really hurt the led market. Yes they grow plants but I have a hatred for them. A large part of the reason I'm probably so bias against them.
Price is relative to quality. My own distaste of blurples mainly because if the marketing that usually is associated with them has kept me from finding a good price for quality light.

I mean ideally strip full spectrum LED but for what I consider best bang for buck would be the kingbrights. But that's a very bias opinion.

I have HLG and I feel they are a good quality light
I’ve posted this before but find it appropriate. Buy quality and you will only cry once! Lol buy like I did and you cry a lot! Lmao and end up with these ! I use kingbrite and am happy but had I done my homework I wouldn’t have this pile of junk and prolly would have bought the hlg.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One of the 600s similar to the one I listed said 135 from wall so of those id need 2 right?
The one you listed said 300 watts and was actually 135w. The second was listed at 600w and didn't give an actual wattage so I'm guessing 250-280w.

Anthem

Anthem

I bet the 2 135’s would flower a couple plants nice in your space. They may not last very long before diodes start to fail though.

But alternately a couple hlg 135’s would cost over $300.
Just pay one and get the HLG135's. You can always find a way to use them for VEG or something if you out grow them or even sale them.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I bet the 2 135’s would flower a couple plants nice in your space. They may not last very long before diodes start to fail though.

But alternately a couple hlg 135’s would cost over $300.
Gotcha, thanks! Sonim looking at watts consumed if it doesn't say from wall on product description correct?

uphere

uphere

I love it when we talk lights. So many choices. Never in my wildest dreams as a younger man did I consider that there would be so many options. I still have my first HPS. I believe it was a Sunagro. A little 275 with the ballest incased. I still use it for emergencys. Bought a new bulb, remembered why I hated it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Great thread y’all, maybe a future sticky. Some very relevant things discussed! Keep at it and I’ll see if we can sticky that

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Great thread y’all, maybe a future sticky. Some very relevant things discussed! Keep at it and I’ll see if we can sticky that
Yea, very cool. This is the best forum site I've found. I used to get all my info in cannabis.com forums but they shut it down apparently.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
LED tech is an evolving technology and as such changes pretty drastically pretty frequently. You want the latest from whatever manufacturer you buy from.

I own this light. I like it. I am not an expert. I have not flowered with it. I own two and use them in a 32x32 and have them at half power for veg. 1 would be enough, I have two because I originally had two tents (one for my wife's non-pot plants). The spectrum and coverage are as advertised as far as I can tell using my light meter and some conversions. The construction is good. The heatsink disperses so that it runs at about 115 on full blast for me, and that is wicked off pretty fast by my exhaust fan. I know that more red spectrum will help in flower, but that spectrum based on my meter looks okay, so we will see.

Just going on Amazon is very overwhelming. The above site has very good video reviews and the guy is very nice in my dealing with him. I wish I could give you a recommendation based on flowering but I can't. I can tell you that so far I feel good about my light. My internodal spacing is super tight, coverage is good, and it runs cool enough for me.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

LED tech is an evolving technology and as such changes pretty drastically pretty frequently. You want the latest from whatever manufacturer you buy from.

I own this light. I like it. I am not an expert. I have not flowered with it. I own two and use them in a 32x32 and have them at half power for veg. 1 would be enough, I have two because I originally had two tents (one for my wife's non-pot plants). The spectrum and coverage are as advertised as far as I can tell using my light meter and some conversions. The construction is good. The heatsink disperses so that it runs at about 115 on full blast for me, and that is wicked off pretty fast by my exhaust fan. I know that more red spectrum will help in flower, but that spectrum based on my meter looks okay, so we will see.

Just going on Amazon is very overwhelming. The above site has very good video reviews and the guy is very nice in my dealing with him. I wish I could give you a recommendation based on flowering but I can't. I can tell you that so far I feel good about my light. My internodal spacing is super tight, coverage is good, and it runs cool enough for me.

Ok so I looked at the information in the link. Believe they call out the watts as 150 watts, so in a 32" x 32" tent you are going to be at 21.42 watts per square foot. Most on hear would say 30 watts per square foot. This one is total BS, they have there PPDF at 12" at 1791 but take a look at the chart, they do not even have a single reading at 1791 there are all well below. PPFD is the best way to measure a light for growing. This light is not what they are stating.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ok so I looked at the information in the link. Believe they call out the watts as 150 watts, so in a 32" x 32" tent you are going to be at 21.42 watts per square foot. Most on hear would say 30 watts per square foot. This one is total BS, they have there PPDF at 12" at 1791 but take a look at the chart, they do not even have a single reading at 1791 there are all well below. PPFD is the best way to measure a light for growing. This light is not what they are stating.

Top Bottom