Over lighting??

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh wow, I see that now. How can they do that?? Well most of them im looking at say 600w and are cheaper but thats too many. What about this?
Check this out at Amazon.com
New Upgrade 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants with Thermometer Humidity Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NJ6L3P/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Y5N8EbYC7BJH5
I'm gonna guess 250w? Says max 3x3 area and they don't even tell you the true watts. Even try to mislead you on the draw by using the word power.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I'm gonna guess 250w? Says max 3x3 area and they don't even tell you the true watts. Even try to mislead you on the draw by using the word power.
Any idea where I can get lights that say the true watts for a decnt price?

Anthem

Anthem

That is the rub. Decent price and effective. Shoot for a true 30 watts per square foot. If you can spring for Horticulture Light Group products you would be getting a jump in the right direction.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And again the grow supply retailer trying to scam a new grower for profit.

Probably a good seedling/ clone light if you dont mind the purple.
Yeah I love LED but these companies I tell ya infuriate me and really hurt the led market. Yes they grow plants but I have a hatred for them. A large part of the reason I'm probably so bias against them.
Price is relative to quality. My own distaste of blurples mainly because if the marketing that usually is associated with them has kept me from finding a good price for quality light.

I mean ideally strip full spectrum LED but for what I consider best bang for buck would be the kingbrights. But that's a very bias opinion.

I have HLG and I feel they are a good quality light

Anthem

Anthem

I was on the spider farmer home website and I actually found information that was 100 percent not true. On the SF1000 they have or by now maybe had a PPFD chart. There were 2 problems with the information. They did not use the grid pattern shown in the illustration to measure the true PPDF. Spider farmer is a square fixture so you are going to see less PPFD in the corners. They did not use the center of the grids to take thier PPFD readings. They moved the spot to the corner closes to the light. Secondly, I added up all the PPFD numbers and divided by the number of locations tested and I came up with like 300 or 400 less PPFD. I also tried using their center orange only grid and it would not come to the same reading.
You basically have to look at the information and be able to understand it before you can purchase. It totally sucks, HLG is a great light for a tent, try and stay at like 30 watts per square foot or dim and you will be happy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was on the spider farmer home website and I actually found information that was 100 percent not true. On the SF1000 they have or by now maybe had a PPFD chart. There were 2 problems with the information. They did not use the grid pattern shown in the illustration to measure the true PPDF. Spider farmer is a square fixture so you are going to see less PPFD in the corners. They did not use the center of the grids to take thier PPFD readings. They moved the spot to the corner closes to the light. Secondly, I added up all the PPFD numbers and divided by the number of locations tested and I came up with like 300 or 400 less PPFD. I also tried using their center orange only grid and it would not come to the same reading.
You basically have to look at the information and be able to understand it before you can purchase. It totally sucks, HLG is a great light for a tent, try and stay at like 30 watts per square foot or dim and you will be happy.
Yeah and that's why I don't trust them or thier info even if it's posted. I know I may seem bias but there is a reason for it and you stated it to a tee.

So far kingbright has shown to be the exception and there may be more but I am skeptical by nature so.

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah and that's why I don't trust them or thier info even if it's posted. I know I may seem bias but there is a reason for it and you stated it to a tee.

So far kingbright has shown to be the exception and there may be more but I am skeptical by nature so.
Not going to start another cheap Chinese light thread episode, but I have a good idea what is up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So anyone have the same lights in different spectrums and willing to do a test?

Anthem

Anthem

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now why in the world would these LEDS be so expensive
UVB diodes are stupid expensive. Honestly I'm not sure if it's the materials or just new tech.

Kinda why I giggle a bit when ppl say thier cheap led has UV included. UVA and almost non measurable amounts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Kingbrite uses a thinner cheaper heat sink than competitors on alibaba like meijju. And there are failures and quality control issues posted all the time.

The builders on another site say they may use mismatched diodes which may eventually cause failure of whole strips of diodes on a complaint thread.

Im sure whatever is available and cheapest is what they use at any given time.

I said it before but when i was considering having a line of furniture made in china for the furniture store i managed i could get it real cheap and undersell the competition with a lower quality product made with lesser materials or i could go all the way up to the same quality as the American lines i was selling against but my invoice price ends up too close to theirs to bother.

You get what you pay for even though some post an awful lot of confirmation bias.

and for me my opinion of doing business with china will be left out of my posts. But i really want to say it. ;-)

Oh yeah. I recently turned down a free light and tent from spider farmer i would have to agree to posting regularly, continually stating the brand and they even asked me to post links to help sell them.

Guess that firms up my opinion of doing business with chinese companies.

And honestly I could use the free lamp. Im pretty cash poor these days and my gear is getting old.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kingbrite uses a thinner cheaper heat sink than competitors on alibaba like meijju. And there are failures and quality control issues posted all the time.

The builders on another site say they may use mismatched diodes which may eventually cause failure of whole strips of diodes on a complaint thread.

Im sure whatever is available and cheapest is what they use at any given time.

I said it before but when i was considering having a line of furniture made in china for the furniture store i managed i could get it real cheap and undersell the competition with a lower quality product made with lesser materials or i could go all the way up to the same quality as the American lines i was selling against but my invoice price ends up too close to theirs to bother.

You get what you pay for even though some post an awful lot of confirmation bias.

and for me my opinion of doing business with china will be left out of my posts. But i really want to say it. ;-)

Oh yeah. I recently turned down a free light and tent from spider farmer i would have to agree to posting regularly, continually stating the brand and they even asked me to post links to help sell them.

Guess that firms up my opinion of doing business with chinese companies.

And honestly I could use the free lamp. Im pretty cash poor these days and my gear is getting old.
I can't argue that. I have seen the reports but I do still feel they are the best bang for buck light out there.

Not saying quality but cost vs gain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom