Overwatered? Second Grow In Soil.

• Thread starter Hoitty.Toitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

The whole pot feels light when you water again. It doesn't have to be bone dry but it's significantly lighter than when it's saturated.

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

The whole pot feels light when you water again. It doesn't have to be bone dry but it's significantly lighter than when it's saturated.
Ok I'll monitor the next couple days I don't imagine it should be too much longer but this is my first time using 5gal pots so I'm unsure how long they should retain water but I'll get it down eventually.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If your looking for a small indoor plan to set up, I can give you some hints to help you make a great grow room work
, but I'm not here to sell you on anything from any sponsor 👍😉

20210629 155143
Habosabin

Habosabin

Ok I'll monitor the next couple days I don't imagine it should be too much longer but this is my first time using 5gal pots so I'm unsure how long they should retain water but I'll get it down eventually.
Ya. The bigger the pot the longer the interval.

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

If your looking for a small indoor plan to set up, I can give you some hints to help you make a great grow room work
, but I'm not here to sell you on anything from any sponsor 👍😉

After I get these healthy I planned on starting a new thread for my entire grow space with everything I have going on I'll be sure to tag you in it. I'll be including all kinds of dimension and descriptions because it is a weird place to grow so I want to make sure everyone has as much information as possible to give me their best opinions and ideas. Hopefully this will be in the next few days as I feel their finally starting to look better I'm still in the process of setting up the A/C it was a little more complicated than anticipated and I wanna make sure it's done right.

Upon closer inspection of your picture the 2nd light from the left is what I have 4 of in my tent. They worked great during my first grow but that was in the fall so the high temps hadn't become an issue yet they do put of some heat.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

I was trying to identify by this method it's just hard to tell because the plants haven't been looking good so they always llok they need water.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

When in doubt get a soil moisture meter.
Really all those are good for is to tell you the soil in that spot is damp or not.
To get accurate readings with it, you need to stab it all around the soil and see if there are dry spots caused by underwatering.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Really all those are good for is to tell you the soil in that spot is damp or not.
To get accurate readings with it, you need to stab it all around the soil and see if there are dry spots caused by underwatering.
I think they train ppl to water moreso than relying on them. After a few waters they should get the idea. I used mine early on. Not so much anymore.

Saturation is important. Then they work better

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

Lets have a pic from the side please

Sorry been a bit busy meant to do this a couple days ago (Tried to do it last night too but my internet wouldn't let me upload pictures) but here's a small picture update. I watered 2 days ago and they're looking waaay better. Fingers crossed they'll be healthy happy plants soon.

Here's the general look of all the plants:
IMG 20210704 2128016831

Same plant side view:

IMG 20210704 2128087471

My worst looking plant
IMG 20210704 2128159491

IMG 20210704 2128192671

side view:

IMG 20210704 2128279521

I was gonna cleanup all the plants today and post new pictures

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, lets see them after removing all the dead.

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

Yeah, lets see them after removing all the dead.

My back is gonna feel that in the morning, but worth it. I was pleasantly surprised to find new growth sites underneath a lot of the dead leaves so hoping to see them nice and green soon. I didn't get all of it for one reason or the other but I'll be continuing to prune off the dead over the next few days

This is the same plant as the first

IMG 20210705 2107520721

IMG 20210705 2107580841

This is probably my best looking one

IMG 20210705 2108145231

IMG 20210705 2108231081

Will be watering either tomorrow or day after and I'll do another update a few days after that : @Habosabin , @HaveApuff

Oldman13

Oldman13

Do you have one to recommend? I'm not sure how to fit one into a grow tent either.
Damn dude I feel the hurt sorry I probably not going to be much help.. But the other gentleman that you are talking to now about the AC also gave you a what sounds like a really good information except very expensive! I know I certainly could not afford all that activated one but from what I've read most plants are not saying all plants but most of them stopped going after about 80 degrees unless they have been pumped full of CO2 which allows them to handle more heat oh, but do you have a root cellar or a basement? If you do I would suggest you move your cultivation area to there... But it sounds like maybe you did have one you would have already done that!? I use Happy Frog I only mix coconut coir chips with it gives you plenty of drainage and air flow to the roots! I also grow in my basement so I don't have a lot of experience for anything outside but your kind of outside but not outside oh, I mean by you're using a tent but it's outside or in a barn or something yeah I'm glad I don't have to do that! I have a very large basement, and too pretty small cultivation rooms one for veggie and one for budding approximately 10 feet by 8 feet each but Happy Frog and coconut courtship seem to work pretty well together I also top them off with worm castings and bat guano bat guano is only for the veggie room because of the high nitrogen cut your nitrogen by 50% at least when you to go into photosynthesis 12 on 12 off but you also may want to check into some diatomaceous earth food grade make sure it says a food-grade on the bag if it doesn't say food grade there's a good chance it could be toxic that will kill off all bugs in your dirt but it only works when it's dry the Dust hello is the waxy coating from the body of the bugs and then they die within 48 hours very very like I said I probably won't be much help but there's something anyway good luck man help me get those temperature down or pump a lot of CO2 in

Mrb53

Mrb53

not sure if you were responding to me....In Las Vegas, THEY DO NOT DO BASEMENTS!!!!Would be great if they did as the subterranean would lower the temps and make it feasible to afford indoor growing. Something about "caliche"...a hard rock like substance that is too costly to dig out. Either that or it is an exccuse to keep the cost of building lower and reap higher profits. Vegas is a town for the juuiced / connected people...not the every day Joe's. They even passed a law prohibiting growing your own if you live with 25 miles of a dispensary....they are now at every corner, more than 7-11's. It was like someone sat down with a map and made sure NO ONE was outside the 25 mile radius. After having $1500+ electric bills...I only grow what will work outdoors. Indoors is too expensive here in the summer months and that is almost 6 months long. I lost a few plants but if I plant at strategic times, using particular cultivars, I can get over most of the heat issues, not all.
My sativa's are faring ok. My buds get airy but the potency is still there. I do have to watch foxtailing but sometimes it is a blessing for packing on the trikes. I do better in cloth containers than the ground as I can spray the outside of them to cool them off, move them to shady locations...

Oldman13

Oldman13

You guys should try growing in Las Vegas...Outdoors...we have been 110° plus and have hit as high as 118F..🤪
Dude I don't think there's anything fun about Vegas but with those temperatures you but I don't have a big mold problem and a lot of bugs that live in the most humid areas! But yeah I hear you I used to work for a Roofing company local 36 company in San Fernando Valley in California that also has a shop in Vegas I almost had to go down there and work thank God I didn't have to I mean I don't mind some either. Not to lose brain boiling temperature-500 degree Hot Tar would be no fun at all I mean it reaches those temperatures in the San Fernando Valley almost every summer but you have it for much longer! And no I wouldn't want to try to cultivate anything there unless I was Filthy Rich with a refrigeration unit in my entire house I certainly wouldn't cultivate outside that's for sure! Even your regular household air conditioner would allow me to cultivate inside! So why even try outside I don't know anyway dude you enjoy your boiled and baked brains if that's what you're doing and good luck to you, because seriously heatstroke is pretty dangerous and kills people... Kowabunga and if you're pulling it off more kudos to you
not sure if you were responding to me....In Las Vegas, THEY DO NOT DO BASEMENTS!!!!Would be great if they did as the subterranean would lower the temps and make it feasible to afford indoor growing. Something about "caliche"...a hard rock like substance that is too costly to dig out. Either that or it is an exccuse to keep the cost of building lower and reap higher profits. Vegas is a town for the juuiced / connected people...not the every day Joe's. They even passed a law prohibiting growing your own if you live with 25 miles of a dispensary....they are now at every corner, more than 7-11's. It was like someone sat down with a map and made sure NO ONE was outside the 25 mile radius. After having $1500+ electric bills...I only grow what will work outdoors. Indoors is too expensive here in the summer months and that is almost 6 months long. I lost a few plants but if I plant at strategic times, using particular cultivars, I can get over most of the heat issues, not all.
My sativa's are faring ok. My buds get airy but the potency is still there. I do have to watch foxtailing but sometimes it is a blessing for packing on the trikes. I do better in cloth containers than the ground as I can spray the outside of them to cool them off, move them to shady locations...
Hey man I hope you didn't think I was insulting you or anyting because if you did but please don't think that way! I didn't know they didn't have basements in Vegas but there's a lot of places if you don't have basements like Florida do the water lines and most of the houses in the San Fernando Valley in California is do not have basements that I can remember but I wasn't able to grow there anyway and that 25 mile law sucks dude I like the way you used the 7-Eleven as the reference LOL well I don't live in California anymore I left before recreational was legal but I did have my medical card when I was there and went to the collectives actually if you look at my scar on my avatar and the car I designed for Timothy Leary medical dispensary I mean the artwork on it. I live in Michigan now just one 7/ 11 I think in the entire state and it's not that far from me believe it or not I was surprised when I saw it but don't get me wrong basement-dwelling has his problems I can't afford those expensive like I have use a T5 fluorescents 5000 lumens / bulb so I do have a stretch I need more lumens but can't afford them! I'm hearing you're putting out some T fives than a pumping out of 7,000 looms for Bowl but I can't find them yet and I don't know how much they are my luck
will be too expensive... I have more to say but I'm at 9% and I was lucky to even get the video through

Latest posts

Top Bottom