Overwatered? Second Grow In Soil.

• Thread starter Hoitty.Toitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Okay I humbly say never try, just do do and do again because that's all you can do is do! Now that's how you get a bucket full of doo doo:-)
If Yoda said it, it must be true, besides, it's on the internet. Can't argue with that. 😂

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

With temps like that, you don't need a/c..I run my lights at night to keep cooler day temps. When I get to harvest time, I add frozen gallon containers to the tent and drop my temps to about 65°f...I freeze some nutes into ice cubes and water too and feed/water at lights off. I drop the soil temps down to around 50-55°f..I max darktime to 16 hrs to mimic winter...only 8 hrs light. I add co2 bags (sometimes, when the buds need to be thickened)...this maximizes my terpene development. I also add IR/UV bulb 2 hrs for last 2 weeks..Here is a pic of my GDP...natural light...

That's with the A/C running full blast otherwise it gets over a hundred and the "nighttime" is mid 90's instead.

GDub51

GDub51

If 101-105 degrees Fahrenheit is cool, I'm lucky to get to 90 outside on my hottest day and still need to control my environment 🙄👍
I agree, 101 to 105F is not cannabis weather. I got burnt plants here (OC CA) when temps got into the higher 90's last year. Harvest showed tricomes that looked like tea and were only marginally powerful. I spray the pots to cool them (I'm outside) use an umbrella and in the worst of it, moved all plants inside for a few days and still got "burnt". I assume you are also foliating (spraying) the plants to cool them. Contrary to public belief I do not see burn symptoms from foliate spraying in full sun. Unless you find a way to give your plants a more temperate environment, you are not in a good area to grow without some cooling option.

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

Maybe auto's during the winter months would serve you better in your extreme environment. All cannabis is harmed by temps over 90.

Not a fan of autos no control and lower potency, but we are keeping the temps down now and they look way better. I'm currently in process of building an air handler for that window unit in last picture post. I'm hoping that will increase the efficiency of the whole system plus I won't be blasting one plant with A/C.

Hoitty.Toitty

Hoitty.Toitty

It's better to start over than to salvage.
Your probably right but I wanted to go ahead and use it for a learning experience and I really couldn't afford to start over at the time. Now I could probably do something else but they're looking so much better now.

GDub51

GDub51

Your probably right but I wanted to go ahead and use it for a learning experience and I really couldn't afford to start over at the time. Now I could probably do something else but they're looking so much better now.
I started over 5 times this year, the last try with auto's (too late for photperiod) ALL failed or runted and I have no idea what to do next. I'm up to 50% of my mix being "draining agents" like perlite, pumice, sand and cactus/succulent soil and still won't drain after pre-wetting that ALL say to do with new soil mixes. I "pre-wet" mine and it will be wet till next year! I'm giving up. I've never failed at anything I tried this hard at till now. This game is apparently not the easy peasy one all that sell you the ingredients want to think. I'm a fairly experienced gardener in general with previous success with roses, fruit trees, tomatoes, peas and decorative plants. I have always done my own gardening with no hired help. BUT cannabis??? One finicky plant that despite your knowledge, experience or effort will still beat you. I've used the same techniques as successful years past, yet these learned procedures are of no help this season, as if it was my first, no worse. My first grow was prolific if not potent. Now I can't seem to keep a plant alive all of a sudden. What the hell went wrong?? That needle never moves. While leaves yellow and droop and the plant stunts.
IMG 3746
IMG 3751

Ponky

Ponky

When I do a reset it takes me 5 to 7 months before I know if I have a good strain. And it ages a year to get sick of it. :(

Top Bottom