Pandor's LED sickness

• Thread starter pandor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pandor

I have a sickness....

I have been obsessing about LEDs ever since I learned of them about a year ago. I have 2 grows under my belt. One small one years and years ago, and a second large one a few months ago. I had moved to Cali and grew 4 pounds under 4 1000 w HPS with a friend.

Now I'm back in my home town, growing for myself. I worked my ass off at a summer job and bought 2- 360w 3w diode LED.

DSCF2573.jpg

Here are the grow details:

8 tube T5 for clones and veg
all plants grown in coco/perlite blend
nutes are jungle juice using lucas formula, kelp, and silicate
neem oil

6 seedlings, 2 of each, church, white rhino, super lemon haze
4 clones, 2 of each, qrazy train, jilly bean

pics from a week ago. clones came in looking a little beat up

DSCF2598.jpg
DSCF2600.jpg

a few days ago

DSCF2601.jpg
DSCF2602.jpg

and yesterday after the clones responded well to some LST

DSCF2603.jpg
DSCF2604.jpg

The clones will be put in to my 8x4 tent with in the next day or so. I will devote half of the tent to those 4 clones and one LED with a ScroG.

The other half of the tent will have the other LED as well as some more clones I am waiting on from my friend in Cali. I am pretty sure that on the other side of the tent, I will be doing a SOG grow. This is because as soon as the clones come in, I want to start them in flower. I don't really have time to veg them out and prepare them for a ScroG, although that is what I'd prefer. Already WAY behind on schedule.

So stay tuned for the first day of flower which will be any day now. There will be numerous picture updates.

Enjoy my log.

:pimp:

T

testez

Very interesting sickness you've got going on. :) I'm really curious to see the results of your new grow. Extremely interested in the nutes line up your using as well. Mainly AN Right?

What brand of led lighting fixture are you using? What's the specs on it?

I recently had some major static with AN (check my other threads lol) but I will not be a prick and tell you the nutes your using are wrong. To each his own and I wish you success. :)

Glad your here, I have subbed this thread and I hope for many more postss
Take care

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Nice Pandor, gotta say I am a little jealous though, I really want to run that QT strain soon, had my eye on it for a while and a few others from the same breeder.

I will be keeping my eye on this one for sure.

P

pandor

My base nutes are AN. The original plan was to use the General Hydroponics version since we had used them before and those are the original lucas formula, but the guy at the hydro store convinced me that that this Jungle Juice stuff is the same exact thing only cheaper. So far, I have noticed no difference between the 2 brands. I am also using "ProSilicate" and a generic kelp product which is exactly the same as liquid karma only less than half the price. I also spray my plants with neem before they go in to flower.

As far as the brand for LEDs I used, I am going to hold that back from the thread, just for now because I want the company to give me a discount when I order more, and if they do not, I am not going to advertise their product. When we first bought the two lights that I have now, they would not give a discount until after they could read a thread. I will say they are american made and they are one of the more expensive ones on the market. If you really need to know the brand to help with a purchase selection, just PM me. As far as the specs, 360w, 3w diode, 11 wavelengths

P

pandor

Here is a picture of the tent all set up before any plants went in.

DSCF2606.jpg

And here is a picture of the first half of the tent. 4 clones under a ScroG.
Last night was their first night of 12/12.

DSCF2611.jpg

In the other half of the tent I will have a SOG. I am waiting for my friend from Cali to bring my clones. He said either today or tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Very nice. How wide is each hole in the SCROG? They look massive, maybe better to get a screen with smaller holes?

P

pandor

This is my first time growing under a ScroG. Thanks for the advice. I may just take the tie downs I use for the LST and close some of the gaps as I go. Or I may just put another screen over it.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

This is my first time growing under a ScroG. Thanks for the advice. I may just take the tie downs I use for the LST and close some of the gaps as I go. Or I may just put another screen over it.

Yeah I would go with some garden or pet fencing. Or you could make your own out of PVC pipes and string. I think anywhere from 1-2 inch holes is what you want so that you will have many more bud sites. Also I think it is best to have the screen be pretty stable and not easy to move so that the plants don't just have their way with it.

I just checked my tent after the 24hr darkness prior to 12/12 flip and there are crazy amounts of soon to be bud sites poking through the holes. My holes are a little on the small side, but it will be cool if I can get buds popping through most of them, will be quite the nice bit of eye candy.

T

testez

Looking good bros. and as previously suggested i would tighten up the string net you got. Stiffer is better (wait, that's what she said j/k).

K11NG

K11NG

nice to see another led grow in action, not sure if ya care but there is a guy in one of the pics ( this is for females only ) neVEr no whos lurkin

P

pandor

Here's another update for everyone.

Clones came in from Cali. 24 Qrazy Train clones, giving them a few days to gain their strength, then a transplant, then off to the tent to flower, SOG style.

DSCF2614.jpg

Seedlings looking decent. Slightly deficient, but I'll take care of that. LST for those little bitches as soon as they dry out a bit.

DSCF2615.jpg

And the new improves ScroG. As soon as they start pushing that up, I am going to weigh it down, probably with some fishing weights.

DSCF2613.jpg
DSCF2612.jpg

Peace out. See you all soon!

:banana1sv6:

I'm in such a good mood

:icon_animal26:

T

testez

Nice qrazy train eh? sounds like a hell of a ride lol. Thx for the update. looking good. :)

P

pandor

Scrog Day 12 of flower

DSCF2626.jpg
DSCF2632.jpg
DSCF2633.jpg

SOG Day 1 of flower

3 plants off to the right are doubles of the seedlings I started. Church, White Rhino, Super Lemon Haze. Didn't need doubles, so threw em in there.

DSCF2634.jpg

The ones I chose for moms.

DSCF2636.jpg

View of the whole tent.

DSCF2638.jpg

Oh yea Oh yea Oh yea

:party0033:

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Wow that place is exploding with growth now. Good work. Wish I had the space that you do. Maybe when I have a house of my own.

P

pandor

yea, I'm pretty lucky. I wanted to just settle and grab and apartment or a townhouse but my boyfriend insisted on finding a house. It was very time consuming and we got very lucky because our credit is not great. We found a 2 bedroom house!

I saw your log too, Casper. You do excellent with the space you have.

Top Bottom