Payne Farms / Soldiers Co Op 2016

• Thread starter papapayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

If the beans show up, I am planning on running 4-6 outside the greenhouse as gamble strains. They were bred in rainy shitty climates to resist/finish hella fast, so be a fun test. Worst case scenario, some hash.

papapayne

papapayne

Had to chop the super purple #4- it went all hermie on me. was just shy of week 9 I believe. Came out very purple, reeks of candy and deliciousness. Its dense, with large flower parts. Definitely looking forward to smoking her.

20160309 005841
20160309 005951
20160309 010024
20160309 010053
20160309 010136
20160309 010312
20160309 010332
20160309 010344
20160309 010702
20160309 010726
20160309 010728
20160309 010939

MrBlah

MrBlah

Have you kept close track of what you spend to operate this? I'd be interested in knowing what you spend on electricity compared to fertilizer or other consumables.

papapayne

papapayne

Have you kept close track of what you spend to operate this? I'd be interested in knowing what you spend on electricity compared to fertilizer or other consumables.

Yea, I log all my purchases per run, and keep it all sorted out, recipients saved, etc. Starting out with new soil from scratch can get pricey in bulk, but my soil now is all built up, and I just re-amend and reuse my soil every cycle.

This cycle is really hard to say for sure on power, as the veg time and the first half of flower I had a family of 4 living in a trailer in my backyard, which was plugged in. He also blew glass and ran a kiln quite a bit, so those bills were all just shy of 680 a month.

I just got my first power bill with just my household, no one else living here, with all their stuff on it. and It was just over 400 bucks. I have 6k watts flowering on 12/12 2000 watts of HID vegging 18/6, a 8 bulb 4 foot t5 setup running 24/0, 2 large dehumidifiers, assorted fans, plus my usual household stuff IE tv, xbox, lights oven washer and dryer etc.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

nice, the dog kush sounds awesome.. The wet dream sounds like a winner for me as far as production and mold resistance..

MrBlah

MrBlah

Yea, I log all my purchases per run, and keep it all sorted out, recipients saved, etc. Starting out with new soil from scratch can get pricey in bulk, but my soil now is all built up, and I just re-amend and reuse my soil every cycle.

This cycle is really hard to say for sure on power, as the veg time and the first half of flower I had a family of 4 living in a trailer in my backyard, which was plugged in. He also blew glass and ran a kiln quite a bit, so those bills were all just shy of 680 a month.

I just got my first power bill with just my household, no one else living here, with all their stuff on it. and It was just over 400 bucks. I have 6k watts flowering on 12/12 2000 watts of HID vegging 18/6, a 8 bulb 4 foot t5 setup running 24/0, 2 large dehumidifiers, assorted fans, plus my usual household stuff IE tv, xbox, lights oven washer and dryer etc.

I think you touched on it earlier, but you're limited by plant count, right? How much do you typically harvest per plant? And have you worked out approximate costs per plant or per ounce harvested? Have you seen much variance in your harvests? What are your typical seed to harvest times?

I ask because I am interested in data. :) I'll even count your numbers for you if you'd be willing to share. I don't know if you are legally allowed to share detailed numbers though.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Hey papapayne, we haven't formally met but ive seen your work and was recently asked to help a local vet group, i was wondering if you had any advice for someone getting into the volunteer business. Perhaps challenges you have faced, any advice on strains that do well for the people you are helping, anything would be great. Not new to grow just new to providing medicine specifically. Im an organic grower in ammended soil as well. Would love to hear your .02 sorry if this post is unwelcome here.

papapayne

papapayne

Most of what I spend these days is on power and stuff like neem and upgrades, and co2. The soil is made, I make my own worm castings, compost,
I think you touched on it earlier, but you're limited by plant count, right? How much do you typically harvest per plant? And have you worked out approximate costs per plant or per ounce harvested? Have you seen much variance in your harvests? What are your typical seed to harvest times?

I ask because I am interested in data. :) I'll even count your numbers for you if you'd be willing to share. I don't know if you are legally allowed to share detailed numbers though.

Yea, I am currently maxed out on 4 cards, each with 6 flowering and 18 plants vegging each card, plus 4 rec. plants. I see a lot of variance in pheno hunts vs my proven genetics, but typically I am shooting for 1 gram a watt. Usually I hit pretty close to that, with the wet dreams I easily go 1.3-1.4 GPW. I also run c02 as well. I have tried every grow style with the exception of stadium/vertical grows, but generally with happy plants, and somewhat level even canopy levels, and barring any major issues, I definitely feel .7-.8 GPW is easily obtainable.

I don't generally do by the plant, as that is a very subjective measure with much missing in the info. I generally just figure out my cost per gram produced and my Grams per watt used.

papapayne

papapayne

Hey papapayne, we haven't formally met but ive seen your work and was recently asked to help a local vet group, i was wondering if you had any advice for someone getting into the volunteer business. Perhaps challenges you have faced, any advice on strains that do well for the people you are helping, anything would be great. Not new to grow just new to providing medicine specifically. Im an organic grower in ammended soil as well. Would love to hear your .02 sorry if this post is unwelcome here.

thanks for stopping in, and by all means, ask away. Anyone helping fellow veterans is aces in my book. Are you prior service?

As far as providing medicine, my challenges are consistency, and meeting every need. I find to provide medicine inevitably means running a large variety of strains, tons of testing with a large pool of people, and an understanding not every strain effects everyone the same.

That said, I have found the following:

Sour cherry - breeders boutique / hemlock is pretty well round for pain killing, anxiety, and panic attacks.
Dog kush - breeders boutique as well - is very good for many for sleep aide, panic attacks, and anxiety, and ADHD

CBD strains seem to be great medicine for many, and then for others do nothing - seems the people that smoke a ton already and then try cbd arent fans, but those that have only dabbled in smoking cannabis find CBD to be highly effective.

That said, I have also heard many reports of CBD use shrinking tumors, and also doing wonders for seizures.

Wet dreams is my go to day smoke, get thru the day without snapping smoke, keeps the mind happy, and the body relaxed but that strain sadly those seeds are as far as i know, not available/ not in existence.

I find sativas are great day smoke, but gotta find the ones that dont cause paranoia which for veterans can be very challenging. However, imo its the missing key that most growers don't cater to that will keep them very very happy. I know I don't know any other local sources for true sativas...c99 is about the closest and I haven't met a vet yet that didnt get paranoid off c99.

Also, my last piece of parting advice, in my experience most the hybrid stuff isn't the most effective for most people. To much to the smokers mindset, and personality comes into play. I find my most requested and raved about stuff is always stuff thats heavy sativa or indica, not hybrid. Also, I truly believe that the full terpenes are more important then the straight THC rating, and I can't wait till the research catches up to know more about terpenes and the effects that they have.

I hope that wasnt to much of a rant for ya, and that I possibly answered your questions :)

If not, feel free to ask away!

Stay free, stay high

papa

papapayne

papapayne

YES! It is all about the terpenes.

This is brief, but informative:

That right there is the best link for medical cannabis. Thank you so much for that link! When I was a newbie I made that mistake a lot...thinking THC was the thing to have. Which IMO is also why all the hybrid shit on the market is so watered down.... Pollen chuckers (like Me sadly) have watered down and unknowingly bred out many of these canniboids.

I know the more I research the thing that is becoming more true to me is finding the least worked around for medicine. IE -landrace genetics

papapayne

papapayne

So, we are just around week 8 since 12/12 and roughly week 9 since preflowers due to the staggered darkness hours transition.

Harvest has begun. I have began pulling some of the dog, and there was a wet dreams x blueberry lotus that was done that I pulled as well. Ran out of time today, so will have to finish up the dog this weekend. All the dog and the wd x bl, and purple cotton candy, will be pulled this weekend, and then by next weekend (week 9-10) I will have pulled the remaining garden.

next cycle is looking like its gonna be very wet dreams heavy, as well a rerunning the gorilla spirit, a grape ape, a couple cherry pie, a couple purple cotton candy, slymer, daze, srs, jillanje, and a few others I have probably forgotten.

papapayne

papapayne

heres 3 plants harvested - the green bud is dog, purple stuff is super purple and theres a couple shots of the wet dreams x BL ( tthe wd x bl #4 came out super frosty with a some pm sadly - hashing it) the other 3 phenos of wet x bl are showing 0 pm.

Harvest shots 002
Harvest shots 005
Harvest shots 006
Harvest shots 007
Harvest shots 008
Harvest shots 009
Harvest shots 014
Harvest shots 016
Harvest shots 017
Harvest shots 018
Harvest shots 019
Harvest shots 020
Harvest shots 022
Harvest shots 023
Harvest shots 026
Harvest shots 027
Harvest shots 035
Harvest shots 036

MrBlah

MrBlah

You mentioned that you are basically maxed out on credit cards. Are you making money? And have you looked into ways to improve your bottom line instead of just improving your yields?

papapayne

papapayne

and yea...Im making money. I know I could make more by mono cropping, and growing straight commercial strains, but for me the first and foremost reason I grow is that I smoke daily. I need a variety for my own medical needs. i have had exchanges with other growers - as in trading bud for bud, to get more variety. Its hard though because, not to toot my own horn, but I rarely encounter bud that I think is up to my standards. That sounded pretty snobby, but such is life

papapayne

papapayne

So I met a pretty awesome grower today off CL...got a new room controller and some other gear from him and got to check out his grow. Was literally the best/cleanest/largest indoor operation I have ever seen...simply jaw dropping and humbling. Got to see gavitas running first hand...can definitely see the perks. Hes gonna be making me some cuts to of his commercial genetics - Guava, Mango, Sweet Skunk, critical jack, and guava x northern lights #5 being the ones he really recommended to me. Was an awesome guy. My boy from cali and I ended up dropping a good amount of cash with him for equipment. I got the sentinel chhc-4 room controller with fuzzy logic co2, 6 wall mounted fans, a large subpanel with all the breakers in it still, and my boy picked up some shit to. Always awesome to meet other growers, especially when they clearly got shit figured out. Got a lot of little ideas from him going to use to up my game. Anyway, good day all around.

PART 1457751194038 IMG 20160311 185239209

Top Bottom