Personal Medical Grow in Coco. [Chem D, Grape Romulan, Grapefurit Haze, Casey Jones]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikegreenthumb

@ MGT, I am curious, why you spell the Casey as Cacey, is it actually a different strain that you have or you just like to spell it with a c instead on s. Also your pheno looks way different than mine, possibly leaning more towards the SD. Got any pics of the entire plant structure. Also it would be cool to see some lights out and macro shots of the trichromes. My casey has really sativa trics, skinny but long.

just how i spell it to be honest never noticed i was misspelling before lol as for the pheno its turn purple late in flowering and well... heres a few pics from test run i did outside in spring a pic is a thousand words

yeah ill get some whole plant shots for ya(including one i have) cant do macro or up close too good thou camera sucks i havent checked trichs just cause not near ready i only check when close to ready i got a big ass aftro that sticks to shit when i put my head in growroom checking trichs and cacey is in the back so didnt wanna get my hair all over everything

Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 007
April 17 017
April 17 010 2
April 17 005 2
April 17 016
April 17 006 2
April 17 004 2
H

HighTolerance

No worries on the macro shots, we can wait till the end.

Was the test run potent?
What kind of flavor/smell?

In the last few pics from out door, are the plants flushing.

H

HighTolerance

All the girls are doing great but I feel the heat is really becoming is big problem here. I hope the plants can make it through.

Shady before the clawing was almost on 75% of Chemdog D cola tops, now that I backed off on the N a bit, the clawing only remains in the low light regions. So you were right on the money :cool. Also thanks to justice man for the confirmation. Good looking fellows, I feel great on having wonderful fellows like you who got my back. Here is an HT joint for you :passingjoint:

Casey is also doing well, except that here are some really hot spots, these spots were fine, but since the ambient temps are so much higher, I hit 94 yesterday at the hot spots. Although I do notice some heat stress, in a way I am a bit surprised because I'd expect much worse. Previously I got a lot more heat stress at 85, so something in the nute regimen is def making them more stress resistant.

One day I would like to run a minimal stress grow, with all the variables in the optimal range.

Bottom line is that at the moment I am stressed from the heat, but I am still trying to look on the brighter side that the plants are hanging in well, thus far.

Cheers fellows and thanks for your support. Also thanks Mike for sharing the pictures, it is always nice to do comparisons. From the looks of it your girls Ca"s"ey looks like it is almost a different strain, so I am curious on the smell taste and even the trichrome structure to see what we are working with. Majority of the CJ cuts going around lately are bunk, I hope your's turns out good indoors. I reckon the variable between indoor and outdoor are drastically different, so I would be curious to see how different your indoor casey vs outdoor casey is. If you have positive outdoor results that maybe once it is legalized I could try it out outside.

Shooting powder is starting soon on the CJ so lets see what the fuss is about, hope i can get close to raider's results.

Cheers and much love to everyone coming by and sharing good karma, best of luck to everyone's grow.

M

mikegreenthumb

No worries on the macro shots, we can wait till the end.

Was the test run potent?
What kind of flavor/smell?

In the last few pics from out door, are the plants flushing.

i didnt feed the outdoor too much so basically yeah they were flushing

it was pretty potent 7-8 smell was something i couldnt really put finger on sweet but had that trainwreck hint to it taste to me its was kinda like a bitter grapes (ganja not fruit) if that makes sense nice high creative as they say kinda couch lock thou goes great wit some cod or madden debating etc

M

mikegreenthumb

Cheers fellows and thanks for your support. Also thanks Mike for sharing the pictures, it is always nice to do comparisons. From the looks of it your girls Ca"s"ey looks like it is almost a different strain, so I am curious on the smell taste and even the trichrome structure to see what we are working with. Majority of the CJ cuts going around lately are bunk, I hope your's turns out good indoors. I reckon the variable between indoor and outdoor are drastically different, so I would be curious to see how different your indoor casey vs outdoor casey is. If you have positive outdoor results that maybe once it is legalized I could try it out outside.

the indoor looks to be doing great so far cant say the same for other shit i got in flower but hey oh well shit happens ill def send you some shots when they make 3 weeks till finish push (first red hairs) def a good cut that sucks about bunk ca"s"ey floating around same thing happen to alskan thunder fuck it never was the same

grow looking awesome by the way

maybe add some co2 i hear that helps alot with temps story goes was first started by peeps struggling with heat issues stumbled on it

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
One day I would like to run a minimal stress grow, with all the variables in the optimal range.
:giggle I think we all do...

Glad to hear that your Chemdog D is on point... CJ looks good... Grapefruit Haze looks excellent!

You mentioned something in the nute regiment providing resistance to heat stress... Are you using Silica Blast? BTW, you photos are gettin' better... Still looks like you're taking photos with the flash and HPS is on though... :smirk

D

dreskew

HighTolerance's Round 3 with
Chem Dawg D
Grape Romulan
Grapefruit Haze
Casey Jones

Lights: 600w Grolux + 430w Son Agro

Medium: Botanicare CocoGro (1.5 cu ft loose coco)

Nutes: Shiva A/B base, Cal-Mag, Roosts Excelurator, Bloombastic, Bud-XL, Great White, Silica Blast.

Feeding: Hand water, 1/4 - 1/2 strength nute mix every other day.

Post away fellows. I don't mind any criticism, in fact I like it, give me a great opportunity do research and expand my knowledge.

First two pics:
Casey Jones, fimmed as soon as the clone rooted. After 3 weeks the highest branches were fimmed. Now 4 weeks later in it bent under the screen.

2nd two pics:
This Casey was treated the same as above, except instead of screen to bend I used sticks with garden wire.

Last pic:
No training, 12 days of beg.

Hey, wussup with the Romulan? A buddy of mine was askin me about that a while back and he was the only person i had ever heard of it from. Now you are the second... What's that Romulan all about?

H

HighTolerance

i didnt feed the outdoor too much so basically yeah they were flushing

it was pretty potent 7-8 smell was something i couldnt really put finger on sweet but had that trainwreck hint to it taste to me its was kinda like a bitter grapes (ganja not fruit) if that makes sense nice high creative as they say kinda couch lock thou goes great wit some cod or madden debating etc

Interesting. Mine definitely is a very dominant sativa high, which I love. Makes for great activities like studying, playing games, etc. Productive yes also good for some active fun.

the indoor looks to be doing great so far cant say the same for other shit i got in flower but hey oh well shit happens ill def send you some shots when they make 3 weeks till finish push (first red hairs) def a good cut that sucks about bunk ca"s"ey floating around same thing happen to alskan thunder fuck it never was the same

grow looking awesome by the way

maybe add some co2 i hear that helps alot with temps story goes was first started by peeps struggling with heat issues stumbled on it

Yeah I feel you on all the bunk shit going around, although I mush admit, even though it is a hit or a miss for most part. I have been pretty lucky with the cuts I picked up.

No funds for CO2, possibly soon though.

:giggle I think we all do...

Glad to hear that your Chemdog D is on point... CJ looks good... Grapefruit Haze looks excellent!

You mentioned something in the nute regiment providing resistance to heat stress... Are you using Silica Blast? BTW, you photos are gettin' better... Still looks like you're taking photos with the flash and HPS is on though... :smirk

Thanks bro. Yeah who the hell doesn't want a perfect grow, I do admit that from time to time I see grows where there is a lot of improvement yet the growers don't have the desire to make constant improvements. On forums though, people are serious for the most part.

I am still not sure on Chemdog D is gonna turn out, even though it looks good.

Grape Rom seems to have very nice dense flowers with great trichrome coverage.

Casey is doing good, but the 600 is too close and I cannot move is any higher or lower the plants, I am even considering the lumatek down to 400. At the moment there is way too much heat in the tent and I am gonna see for a few more day then I might just have to cut my losses and go down to 400. BTW I had some unfortunate circumstances due to which I wasn't able to flower the casey at the right time, it was in the dark for 3 days and under low light for a week so it stretched a lot. I wasn't even able to put it on the drain tray because it was too tall, so it is on the floor know that is why I cannot have any run off. Don't have funds to buy a wet vac.

You are right man, grapefruit haze is the one I am most impressed with. It has the best trichrome coverage. may be a 2 inch stretch in the first week after that it hasn't stretch a centimeter. The smell is very unique, The yield seems like it is gonna be good. On top of all this it is under CFL not even HPS, I reckon it will do wonders under HPS. Very high chances of GFH being the main attraction next round. It also looks like it might finish early, I have the GFH on the same nute schedule as CJ so GFH is being treated like a 63 day strain because it is a week behind CJ. But even so GFH looks way mightier than CJ.

Any silica product will do, I was turned on to that product by someone with a big setup 10K, he swore by silica. Since then I have been using it with great success, it tends to make the stems a sturdier as well. Also helps with pest resistance.

H

HighTolerance

True Color Shot, Just for Shady

Shady this update is for you mate.

If I had a dime every time Shady complained about my pictures not being white balanced. I would probably be running a warehouse like badfish. LOL just kidding of course.

So here is a true color shot of Chemdog D.

Now on to the little problems on the Chemdog D. I observed the entire 2 Chemdog D's and out of 100's of leaves these suckers in the front are the only ones with these marks.

The other day it was really hot and I was sweating a lot when watering and observing the plants. I remembered that a few drops of my sweat fell on the plants, I didn't know which leaves. If this problem doesn't spread to others leaves could it be the salt in my sweat that burnt the leaves. I really hope this is the case, I would love to maintain good leaves for as long as possible.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great... You crashed my iPhone 3GS, 32GB :tongue0011: I already shut my laptop off, and can't zoom on those Picts on my phone... It looks like the leaves are very dark green and the circled areas could possibly be nute burn from too much CalMag. One thing I've learned about my camera is when to adjust the flash strength depending on my focal length... Up close shots are set to low flash and arm length is set to medium, across the room is set to high and all flash shots are set to the daylight sun setting. Maybe a closeup of the leaf would help in this instance... :thinking I doubt it's due to your sweat... Are the leaves wrinkled and crispy with necrotic and irregular burns? If so it's prob too much CalMag... Kinda looks like my Round 3 Bubba Kush that got nearly 11 ml/gal around week 5 or so and started to get burned.

H

HighTolerance

Great... You crashed my iPhone 3GS, 32GB :tongue0011: I already shut my laptop off, and can't zoom on those Picts on my phone... It looks like the leaves are very dark green and the circled areas could possibly be nute burn from too much CalMag. One thing I've learned about my camera is when to adjust the flash strength depending on my focal length... Up close shots are set to low flash and arm length is set to medium, across the room is set to high and all flash shots are set to the daylight sun setting. Maybe a closeup of the leaf would help in this instance... :thinking I doubt it's due to your sweat... Are the leaves wrinkled and crispy with necrotic and irregular burns? If so it's prob too much CalMag... Kinda looks like my Round 3 Bubba Kush that got nearly 11 ml/gal around week 5 or so and started to get burned.

LOL, sorrry I will resize them a bit next time.
Thanks for more tips on the camera. I will have to put that in action next time I take pix.

Not crispy or wrinkled, just necrotic spots, on 4 leaves out of a 100s. I have backed off the cal-mag, and upped the PK. I reckon these spots won't heal, so I will be on the look out for more damage appearing else where, so far everything else is looking fine. For the Chems I will lower the CalMag to 2-4 depending on it's reaction. Every thing else will remain on ~5.

Wooo 11 is mad high, how bad were the burns, did the plants actually get really dark green?

H

HighTolerance

Hey, wussup with the Romulan? A buddy of mine was askin me about that a while back and he was the only person i had ever heard of it from. Now you are the second... What's that Romulan all about?

TBH bro I have no idea what romulan is all about, just know that it has good medicinal value, which is what I am after. Not done with the harvest yet.

M

mikegreenthumb

TBH bro I have no idea what romulan is all about, just know that it has good medicinal value, which is what I am after. Not done with the harvest yet.

romulan is strait fire call it that cause itll put a dent in your for head the word is that it is 100% sativa that has been worked with for years and years to shorten flowering time and grow more like a indica in starture i.e being able grow indoors i got the article high times did on it with "romulan joe"

justiceman

justiceman

Damn dude your buds are looking crazy. All of them look prime and I am especially starting to eye that grapefruit haze. mmmm looks damn frosted.

I here you on going down to 400w for the heat. I actually have a 400w that I might start using for summer flowering unless I figure out a better way to cool the 600 when It gets a bit hotter.

Ya I am skeptical If the CJ cut is real or not of course, but If not I hope she is at least some really good smoke.

Plants look great man keep it up!

stickyicky

stickyicky

Looking great HT. I scored some of the screens you are using. I'm using in 5-gal cap ebb 'n' gro system. Work great for training and support of huge casey jones cola's.

Plants look healthy. Keep it up!!

H

HighTolerance

romulan is strait fire call it that cause itll put a dent in your for head the word is that it is 100% sativa that has been worked with for years and years to shorten flowering time and grow more like a indica in starture i.e being able grow indoors i got the article high times did on it with "romulan joe"

Thanks for the input, the Grape Rom smell at this point is starting to get stronger, it is extremely unique and wonderful smelling plant. She is getting really frosty.

Damn dude your buds are looking crazy. All of them look prime and I am especially starting to eye that grapefruit haze. mmmm looks damn frosted.

I here you on going down to 400w for the heat. I actually have a 400w that I might start using for summer flowering unless I figure out a better way to cool the 600 when It gets a bit hotter.

Ya I am skeptical If the CJ cut is real or not of course, but If not I hope she is at least some really good smoke.

Plants look great man keep it up!

Thank you my friend for the kind words. Always appreciate your input brotha. That fucking grapefruit haze is the best looking plant I am running at the moment, I am so excited to fux with her again, see what she does under the HPS.

Yeah man if better cooling isn't possible than going down to 400 is a better option as the extra heat will def hurt the yield. I am on the edge of dimming down to 400, but for right now they don't look that stressed, other than a cola or two.

Actually bro I checked out your CJ shots, I was going to comment last night but my computer crashed.

They look very similar to my CJs in veg. I wouldn't be surprised if you got the golden cut. Plus you got some serious skills, I know you are packing knowledge, so no matter what the cut I know you will do her justice man.

Looking great HT. I scored some of the screens you are using. I'm using in 5-gal cap ebb 'n' gro system. Work great for training and support of huge casey jones cola's.

Plants look healthy. Keep it up!!

Thanks bud, appreciate you stopping by bro.

Yeah I love those screens, they work nice. BTW which screen did you get the green one from gardening or the big gray one from construction. I use the latter for CJ, but I painted it white.

I ought to come by and peep your grow. Been busy lately so haven't been around much on the forums.

H

HighTolerance

Green Leaf Update

Starting Shooting Powder, so I don't know how long the nice green leaves are gonna last on the CJ. They handled top booster really well, minimal spots on may be around less than 5 percent of the leaves. Those spots are also the hottest. Definitely during the use of Top Booster I noticed decent bulk, most of the big colas are almost one on the CJ now. Hope Shooting powder blows them up. CJ smell is very fruity and strong just like last time.

Grapefruit Haze has just amazed me, I never expected it to be my favorite looking plant. We will see the smoke, but I like her the most at the moment. It is a grapefruit from bc crossed with super silver haze, super silver haze is one of my all time favorite smokes, very spicy and smooth. So far the smell of the plant is very spicy and hazy with yet it grows nothing like the SSH. The plant/leaf/trichrome structure are very indica dominant.

Grape Romulan is looking great as well, it is my favorite smell at the moment. It is starting to bulk up too, just the Chemdog D and G Rom on Top Booster. The way the G Rom looks, it def seems like it is going be potent, it's smell is making me anxious wanting to try it already.

Chemdog D is also starting to make some big colas, I am really looking forward to chem as well. I have reduced the N for the Chemdog D, the clawing issue however still remains in the lower light regions. Those rust spot remain on the same 3-4 leaves and aren't spreading any where else.

E

euforia

these are going to be monsters,great work mate...for my next run I'm thinking to using Shooting Powder too...
your thread is one of the best in the farm ... keep it up ;)
all the best,bro

H

HighTolerance

these are going to be monsters,great work mate...for my next run I'm thinking to using Shooting Powder too...
your thread is one of the best in the farm ... keep it up ;)
all the best,bro

Thank you my friend. You are too kind brother.

Hope to capture Joe's CJ cut in a seed form using some good old colloidal silver and back crossing it.

We shall see how shooting powder works. I even have some Big Up powder and some Fox Farm solubles, along with bloombastic so I'd be running some good tests. Keep your eye out for results.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Everything is looking on point HT... Very impressive work on all the diff strains under diff light sources! I can't wait to see these girls start packing on the weight after the shooting powder... :cool

Top Bottom