Pest Identification

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have heard so many good things about Cap's Bennies and always meant to try it, but never really got around to it.

I only have the foliar pack, can anyone tell me what it does? Is it just for pesticidal purposes or does it act as a benificial as well? Do you think it will help revive my girls? I was planning on using a drop-per-gallon of Superthrive as well.

Hey Mush,

The foliar pack is mainly for use as a pest deterrent. It has the same active ingredients as many other commercial products, but all in one place. Met52, Serenade, Botanigaurd, nofly, photosynthesis plus... all of these and then some can be replaced by just the foliar pack. You do not need to make a tea with it, you can just mix it with water and an organic surfactant like yucca extract. Mix well to break up all the clumps (I do this by hand), and then let the talc carrier settle out for about 5 minutes. You may then pour the liquid off the top in to your watering vessel, a pump sprayer, or a reservoir that you pump your nutes from.

If you are battling an existing infestation you must use the product as full strength. You can drench every week for soil born pests (root aphid), and spray every 4 days for foliage pests (broad mite).

For preventative measures once you have your situation under control, you can use the root and foliar pack tea (simple recipe found on the OG BIOWAR website) as a diluted drench every 7-10 days. The dilution rate is as follows:

For recirculating systems such as recirculating deep water culture (i.e under current), use 2 cups of brewed tea per 5 gallons. This is also the dilution if you mix a res up weekly and feed your plants from it (i.e ebb flo, or top feed recirculating). Make sure you keep a recirculating pump running 24/7 in you res if you do this.

For drain to waste systems the dilution is 1 part tea to 9 parts nutrient solution. So if you are watering with 10 gallons use 9 gallons nutrient solution and top off with a gallon of tea.

When I have had RA outbreaks in the past, I have just dumped a kilo of foliar pack in to my 100 gallon res and drenched to runoff every week through harvest. It gets expensive, but it will save the crop, and instead of getting nothing you will get a plant that looks like it never even had RA. Plus, it's all natural and safe to use. I handle it with bare hands and no respirator. The microbes can't survive at human body temps. No need for the gas mask and tyvek suit. After harvest I clean the shit out of everything, back up my moms by cloning in another room, clean some more, and trash all the old substrate. You can always win if you are consistent and diligent. Never put anything off for tomorrow if you can do it today.

If you ever have questions on it hit me up I am always happy to help! :D

-Cap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I have had RA outbreaks in the past, I have just dumped a kilo of foliar pack in to my 100 gallon res and drenched to runoff every week through harvest. It gets expensive, but it will save the crop, and instead of getting nothing you will get a plant that looks like it never even had RA
That is HUGE, especially given the genetics I've lost to those things.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Hey Mush,

The foliar pack is mainly for use as a pest deterrent. It has the same active ingredients as many other commercial products, but all in one place. Met52, Serenade, Botanigaurd, nofly, photosynthesis plus... all of these and then some can be replaced by just the foliar pack. You do not need to make a tea with it, you can just mix it with water and an organic surfactant like yucca extract. Mix well to break up all the clumps (I do this by hand), and then let the talc carrier settle out for about 5 minutes. You may then pour the liquid off the top in to your watering vessel, a pump sprayer, or a reservoir that you pump your nutes from.

If you are battling an existing infestation you must use the product as full strength. You can drench every week for soil born pests (root aphid), and spray every 4 days for foliage pests (broad mite).

For preventative measures once you have your situation under control, you can use the root and foliar pack tea (simple recipe found on the OG BIOWAR website) as a diluted drench every 7-10 days. The dilution rate is as follows:

For recirculating systems such as recirculating deep water culture (i.e under current), use 2 cups of brewed tea per 5 gallons. This is also the dilution if you mix a res up weekly and feed your plants from it (i.e ebb flo, or top feed recirculating). Make sure you keep a recirculating pump running 24/7 in you res if you do this.

For drain to waste systems the dilution is 1 part tea to 9 parts nutrient solution. So if you are watering with 10 gallons use 9 gallons nutrient solution and top off with a gallon of tea.

When I have had RA outbreaks in the past, I have just dumped a kilo of foliar pack in to my 100 gallon res and drenched to runoff every week through harvest. It gets expensive, but it will save the crop, and instead of getting nothing you will get a plant that looks like it never even had RA. Plus, it's all natural and safe to use. I handle it with bare hands and no respirator. The microbes can't survive at human body temps. No need for the gas mask and tyvek suit. After harvest I clean the shit out of everything, back up my moms by cloning in another room, clean some more, and trash all the old substrate. You can always win if you are consistent and diligent. Never put anything off for tomorrow if you can do it today.

If you ever have questions on it hit me up I am always happy to help! :D

-Cap
Hell yea! I'm gonna get the root and nute pack and give it a go. Thanks, Cap!

This stuff is pretty comprehensive, no wonder everyone uses it religiously. Don't know what I have been doing with my life, lol.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

No problem! One thing I forgot to mention that @Bill Murry mentioned that I will elaborate on...

If you're using the foliar straight, add it to your dechlorinated water, mix it up well, let it sit 3-5 minutes, but no longer than 5 minutes! I think I remember Cap saying if you wait too long, the microbes can also tend to sink to the bottom... While the 3-5 minute window is prime.

And spraying when humidity is over 60% is the magic number. I can usually achieve ~70% humidity by shutting everything down(a/c, dehuey, fans etc), then giving the room a quick spray, come back an hour or so later and humidity will have sky-rocketed. If your ambient humidity is low because you live in the desert, spraying a sealed-off room down quickly will allow some evaporation (on top of the plants' transpiration) to take place and really jack it up.

I don't quite recall the science exactly behind applying the foliar below said humidity, but take our word for it, lol.

There are few products that I push, but OGBW has my faith for sure. Might sound like too much trouble at first but trust me, shit works :cool:
That's gonna be kinda challenging, the humidity is pretty low here. 20%-40% (year-round), after I do a heavy foliar it is usually around 50%-60%, don't know if I can get it to 70%, but I'll get it as high as I can and give it a shot. I've honestly never tried, so maybe I can get it a lot higher than I think.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Here's a few shots of my pride and joy:

#Kush @ 5 1/2 weeks

Not too impressive right now, she puts on her bulk and coat during the last weeks, but she is my favorite so far. Probably a really biased opinion tho, lol.

I sure do hope this isn't the last time I get to run her. I took extra clones, so I think I'll be okay.

Her sisters attract the mites and caterpillars like a dinner bell, but so far this particular cut/pheno has pretty much gone unscathed. Even stood-up well to the pesticide treatments and is one of the only ones that didn't get distorted or damaged leaves.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I use Sunshine #4 Advanced Mix a lot and sometimes it comes with gnats and who knows what else. I'm thinking Cap's Bennies mixed-in prior to transplanting from solo cups will be the solution I'm looking for.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Day 17 - New caterpillar damage found...

I am so incredibly frustrated...

I have been battling these pests for almost 3 weeks now, definitely seeing an improvement, but having little outbreaks here and there. It REALLY does seem like herpies (not that I would know from personal experience or anything), but this shit just won't go away.

I would almost prefer the herpies over the Borg and caterpillars, lol. I always just assumed caterpillars were an outdoor problem.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I think they are gone! I don't want to speak too soon and jinx it, but I don't see anymore pest! Honestly I think it was the Hot Shot NoPest Strip and Cap's Bennies that did the brunt work. Hell yea!

On a bit sadder note: that Forbid 4F fucked my shit up. Leaves are all blotchy and shitty and I might loose my favorite Chemdog D cut. All the clones and teens got fried and the mother is looking too sick to clone from. Hands-down the nastiest, most offensive smelling Chemdog cut I've ever had the pleasure of encountering.

I guess it could have been worse, tho. I'm just going to be grateful and try not to think about it too much.

I'm gonna try a little bit of superthrive and see if she'll recover. I sprayed her really well because she was one of my favorites, big mistake. The Borg hadn't even spread to her yet.

Also, my King Louie XIII is pretty much toasted, but that's a pretty common cut around these parts, so I'm not really trippin on it.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

It was actually the Forbid 4F that did the most damage. Lost a lot of individuals, but fortunately I had the genetics backed-up. Safety in numbers! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom