Pest Prevention

• Thread starter reddwarf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reddwarf

reddwarf

Can someone please tell me how to keep pests such as thrips, mites from getting into the garden. What is a good prevention cycle? Thank you very much. This is such a nightmare.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you currently have any pests? Or just looking at preventative measures?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
How bad are they? Got any pics?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
@1diesel1 would be a good resource. He just went through the same thing. Had a horrible infestation and was able to save the majority of the crop. Hopefully he’ll chime in. He’s got more experience with these than I do so I’ll yield to the master :-)

He’ll check in soon, just hold tight.

reddwarf

reddwarf

@1diesel1 would be a good resource. He just went through the same thing. Had a horrible infestation and was able to save the majority of the crop. Hopefully he’ll chime in. He’s got more experience with these than I do so I’ll yield to the master :)

He’ll check in soon, just hold tight.
Thank you very kindly.

reddwarf

reddwarf

I just found a few adults but I don't see them in the pic I just took. what really sux is this is being grown for a friend who has cancer and cannot afford treatments. I'll check in later. Before I have to go to work. Thank you again.

ThripL
reddwarf

reddwarf

I forgot to say it is in veg mode and it was hit with forbid thinking that that would kill them but I read that it will not and that was last night and we looked and they are going to town. me and my friend has some neem oil that we were going to try and I was going to get some Monterey that I heard about from Walmart. What do you think? THOSE BAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARDS!

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Thrips kill em quick! Habenaro spray rotated with green cleaner for regular maintenance. 5 habenaros per quart chop fine very fine especially seeds. Simmer 20 minutes do not boil filter through unbleached coffee filter let cool spray. 2 days spray habenaro 3 day spray green cleaner. Do all this lights out with fan on low. Careful habenaro spray is like mace to humans and doggies make outside and wear goggles and dust mask when spraying.

reddwarf

reddwarf

Thrips kill em quick! Habenaro spray rotated with green cleaner for regular maintenance. 5 habenaros per quart chop fine very fine especially seeds. Simmer 20 minutes do not boil filter through unbleached coffee filter let cool spray. 2 days spray habenaro 3 day spray green cleaner. Do all this lights out with fan on low. Careful habenaro spray is like mace to humans and doggies make outside and wear goggles and dust mask when spraying.
Do you have any idea where to find Habenaro this time of year? It is cold where I'm at and I live in the country. Don't know of any Mexican groceries in the area? What is green cleaner? Is that the stuff Walmart sells to clean counter tops and sinks and just about anything? sounds like that would kill the leaves. Thank you very very much. I guess unbleached coffee filters are the brown ones?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Do you have any idea where to find Habenaro this time of year? It is cold where I'm at and I live in the country. Don't know of any Mexican groceries in the area? What is green cleaner? Is that the stuff Walmart sells to clean counter tops and sinks and just about anything? sounds like that would kill the leaves. Thank you very very much. I guess unbleached coffee filters are the brown ones?

Grocery store here in USA carries habenaros.
Upload 2019 3 8 7 45 10

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
First, where do you live? What country? In the US, Thrips are one of the easiest pests to get rid of. Monterrey garden Insect spray will wipe them out. Anything with spinosad will. So will botanigard. In Canada though... Youd be better off with 1diesel1's pepper spray concoction.

Speaking to pest prevention though...

1, use a good Intake filter
2, lots of yellow sticky traps
3, never wear outside shoes or jackets in the grow area. Especially yellow clothes.
4, always quarantine any new plants coming Into the garden until you are sure they are pest free.
5, Preemptive applications (if possible) of spinosad and botanigard. Botanigard as a drench and spray, and spinosad as a spray.
6, Inspect plants regularly with a loupe on undersides of leaves and around the soil surface.
7, This one can be used by growers who are well sealed up, A sulphur burn once a week will help keep mites, mold and mildew out of the garden.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will add to the above clean and disinfect all tools and supplies going in or back out of the growroom.

I wipe everything down with isopropyl alcohol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom