Pest Prevention

• Thread starter reddwarf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reddwarf

reddwarf

my lady bug population has been going strong for 3 months now
get one of those 5 dollar bug net things on amazon or wherever
https://www.amazon.com/MAGIKON-6-Inch-Observation-Butterfly-Habitat/dp/B01LEC3KHC

cage/container they escape easily
this lil thing is great and if ya got a lil one makes a great thing for them to interact with

I put a blueberry or nana non citrus fruit and a cotton ball soaked for water...or sometimes lettuce or old fan leave...

you will find out where the bugs are quickly they really do flock right to them....I had a young plant that musta been really infected it was like the tree of ladybugs to the point is was preventing light to plant so many were on it...but that plant served as a breeding ground and has recovered anyways

edit..a piece of banana not the entire thing

also cut a circle of cardboard to fit bottom of the net cage as it will be way easier to empty any dead bugs etc out as they catch to the net a bit
safari won't let me open your link.

reddwarf

reddwarf

google bug net cage..its a lil green white one with zipper...6 bucks or so
up until now I did not think the thrips where on the plant in flower but I was wrong. They are on it too. Those little bliters.

TimeLine

TimeLine

I have never ever had these issues EVER in 20 years..and then 3 bags of soil really caused all pest to run wild
The nematodes for fungus gnats was unreal the difference and population control...

I baked soil in windows for 3 months in sealed containers and they still have gnats breeding..the ones I sprayed with nematodes nothing so the control worked

reddwarf

reddwarf

up until now I did not think the thrips where on the plant in flower but I was wrong. They are on it too. Those little bliters.
what does the net do exactly? is it there home away from the plants?

TimeLine

TimeLine

well depending on the amount you ordered usually MIN is 300 I ordered 1500 you don't wanna release them all at once do it in stages...(edit) less loss also some may die quickly in that process and it seems they like lil small packs and groups once out in the area

not sure what kinda vegetation you got but 300 ladybugs could cover the leaves and block light..serious seen it with my own eyes

plus they breed where the food source is so if net is no pest you can keep em in a state of dormant of sorts while the ones under lights will be actively breeding...

does that make sense for ya?

edit..breeding is the key the larvae eat far far more pest then the adults
thus why I think people have had said useless and I have said it is more a long term sustainable approach then a "quick" fix...quick fixes as you get older just turn into messes when you have less energy/time to deal with them

why buy 1500 instead of 300 it was like 5 bucks for 1500 or 3 for 300..seemed likeok mites you gonna get it I am now a general of an army

Last edited:
reddwarf

reddwarf

well depending on the amount you ordered usually MIN is 300 I ordered 1500 you don't wanna release them all at once do it in stages...(edit) less loss also some may die quickly in that process and it seems they like lil small packs and groups once out in the area

not sure what kinda vegetation you got but 300 ladybugs could cover the leaves and block light..serious seen it with my own eyes

plus they breed where the food source is so if net is no pest you can keep em in a state of dormant of sorts while the ones under lights will be actively breeding...

does that make sense for ya?

edit..breeding is the key the larvae eat far far more pest then the adults
thus why I think people have had said useless and I have said it is more a long term sustainable approach then a "quick" fix...quick fixes as you get older just turn into messes when you have less energy/time to deal with them

why buy 1500 instead of 300 it was like 5 bucks for 1500 or 3 for 300..seemed likeok mites you gonna get it I am now a general of an army

makes perfect sense and thank you for explaining bro.

TimeLine

TimeLine

just on a neat, fun, cool factor releasing insects that seek and destroy others seems way cooler to think about when stoned then am I goona die I spilled that pesticide on my hand...I get anxiety as it is

Top Bottom