Pest Prevention

• Thread starter reddwarf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I had same issue 4 weeks ago. Tried all the sprays blah blah. Nothing helped. I found one simple solution - predatory bugs. Orius laevigatus for adult thrips, amblyseus cucumeris for eggs and larvae. I ordered them online, spent £50 roughly. They take about 2 weeks to establish, you have to spray some water for them. Best 50 spent in my life

reddwarf

reddwarf

Monterey insect killer. 2 apps and bye bye Thrips, also hang Blue sticky traps
are blue sticky traps the same thing as the yellow

I had same issue 4 weeks ago. Tried all the sprays blah blah. Nothing helped. I found one simple solution - predatory bugs. Orius laevigatus for adult thrips, amblyseus cucumeris for eggs and larvae. I ordered them online, spent £50 roughly. They take about 2 weeks to establish, you have to spray some water for them. Best 50 spent in my life
hmmmmm . Thank you I will look into this.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Blue sticky trap does not attract beneficiary insects i.e. ladybugs, pirate bugs etc

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Thrips are more attractive to blue than yellow both work well and so do sprays. Thrips are one of the easiest cannabis pests to solve

TimeLine

TimeLine

don't listen to any of this nonsense
use beneficial insects
problem solved'
you said it is for a cancer patient why add any more toxins to the situation
and the insects are cheaper, funner, and longer lasting plus you will learn some stuff along the way instead of dumping this and that on the medicine

only read first page filled with nonsense..nice post above about insects by a member

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
don't listen to any of this nonsense
use beneficial insects
problem solved'
you said it is for a cancer patient why add any more toxins to the situation
and the insects are cheaper, funner, and longer lasting plus you will learn some stuff along the way instead of dumping this and that on the medicine

only read first page filled with nonsense..nice post above about insects by a member

Beneficial insects are great and I agree it's a great choice. But to say pesticides are all toxic chemicals is wrong because they just arent, and to suggest that is plain ignorant, Its not based on any real scientific research.

TimeLine

TimeLine

Beneficial insects are great and I agree it's a great choice. But to say pesticides are all toxic chemicals is wrong because they just arent, and to suggest that is plain ignorant, Its not based on any real scientific research.

in regards to what? they are designed to kill..not just "bad" insects but any insects..also use it enough and they will adapt and it will be useless...

and yes ALL pesticides are toxic..here is well one of I am sure many scientific reports..this was a 2 sec google search

TimeLine

TimeLine

to say pesticides are not toxic may be the dumbest thing I have heard today and I have been browsing reddit longer then I ever have today

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
in regards to what? they are designed to kill..not just "bad" insects but any insects..also use it enough and they will adapt and it will be useless...

https://extension.tennessee.edu/Smith/Documents/Agriculture/Are All Pesticides Toxic.pdf

and yes ALL pesticides are toxic..here is well one of I am sure many scientific reports..this was a 2 sec google search

Whatever man.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
yea whatever science facts nature
What does that even mean? you arent making any sense

I'm not saying pesticides should ever be the first course of action, I'm saying used CORRECTLY they are perfectly safe.

I take it you dont eat any vegetables or fruit, or eat bread or drink beer or pretty much anything then since you are so concerned about pesticides which are used on pretty much every crop.

Fact of the matter is, used properly they are safe. Used improperly they can be super toxic. Knowledge is what separates the two. I've got environment Canada certification and licensing for Agricultural IPM standards and pesticide application. I've done a lot of homework on this.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like to try to avoid chemicals and bug shit on my flowers thank you. :-)

TimeLine

TimeLine

just because you are certified in something does not make it right
why do we need any type of pesticides?
it is a profit based solution

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ain’t nothing wrong with habenaro spray bro, it’s non toxic!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

If you dont wany to use them fine, but dont say they are all toxic to humans. That's straight up fear based bro-science.

Perfect example is everyone's fear around imidacloprid,... Oh God, the horror. Despite the fact it's scietifically proven to be not carcinogenic, doesnt mutate Gene's, doesnt affect organs... and it has an Ld and LC50 rating many orders of magnitude higher than regular nicotine, and has been proven to be perfectly safe used at correct dosages and at the right times. But oh God the toxicity... Those horrible chemical companies are trying to kill us.
Should it be used on outdoor flowering plants? hell no, but just because it kills bees doesnt mean it doesnt have a place in an indoor garden.

And Botanigard which is listed for thrips is literally just fungal spores. There isnt much safer pesticides out there.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
IMHO it's a lack of understanding how these chemicals actually work that leads to the fear and paranoia around using them. And fair enough, if you dont know how they work, you probably shouldn't be using them at all.

Top Bottom