Pipecarver's new Spiderfarmer5'x5' with 2-SE3000 growing wild

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Dec 24
A big storm rolled through here last night, thousands without power but we slipped through unscathed. We were prepared with full generator tank + 15L extra gas & if needed a full tank on my lawn tractor I could siphon if I had too. & lots of smoke seeing as my harvest has dried enough to smoke.

I strung the net and If been tucking in stragglers as I go, the Gelato & GG#4 at the back I've topped and and abuse have both got a lot of bud sites and have migrated across each other & into the front with much smaller leaves. The 2 Gsc are loving the led lights their leaf growth & color this week showed improvement from the first 2 days on along with the AK47/Blackberry taking over the front of the canopy

My hps grow is at 40 days in flower on these pics, they all look great to me and they're starting to show their distinctness from each other, The tall Biscotti Skunk has 4 long spires with not a lot of under growth where as the Alaska Thunderfuck has shorter top buds bud and more packed closer together along the stalks. With 5 different strain growing its hard to get a distinct smell from any bud the basement smells fantastic.

Tent grow under 2 SE3000 & a SF600
GG#4 back left
Gelato right back
Gsc.........front right & front left
AK47/Blackberry...front centre

Hps grow
Alaska Thunderfuck
FruityOG
Quebec Blast
QBlue
Biscotti Skunk
Dec 28
I hope you all had a great Christmas, its fun but I'm glad its over, I have growing to do I can't be wasting time eating food and getting drunk, that gets to be a headache after a while.😉😵‍💫

My girls in the tent are looking good I've been tucking them under the net trying to keep them down as best I can, I'll let the edges ride. I've a lot of bud sites & I'm excited to see this in full bloom. I have 5 x 3 of this tent packed and its real nice to have enough room for equipment up front. In the summer I won't need to have a heater close by but when my Hps light gets turned off, in 2 - 3 weeks I'll have to use my heater through the coldest part of our winter to keep her up to temperature.

We're getting frosty with my hps girls 45 days into flower The nicest looking to me right now are the Qblue. & Quebec Blast they're in an awkward spot to get a good pic of without knocking the plant and getting a fuzzy image but they came out okay.

No pic of the clones but they're all still green, I've been spraying them daily and misting the top of the dome. I hoping for roots to show in a few days if all is going well. 😁😁

Tent girls 1 week into flower
2 Gsc
1 Ak47/Blackberry
1 GG#4
1 Gelato

Alaska Thunderfuck
FruityOG
QBlue
Biscotti Skunk
Quebec Blast
The HPS girls at 6.5 weeks in flower

IMG 3094
IMG 3095
IMG 3106
IMG 3107
IMG 3110
IMG 3122
IMG 3124
IMG 3127
IMG 3128
kuwl

kuwl

Dec 28
I hope you all had a great Christmas, its fun but I'm glad its over, I have growing to do I can't be wasting time eating food and getting drunk, that gets to be a headache after a while.😉😵‍💫

My girls in the tent are looking good I've been tucking them under the net trying to keep them down as best I can, I'll let the edges ride. I've a lot of bud sites & I'm excited to see this in full bloom. I have 5 x 3 of this tent packed and its real nice to have enough room for equipment up front. In the summer I won't need to have a heater close by but when my Hps light gets turned off, in 2 - 3 weeks I'll have to use my heater through the coldest part of our winter to keep her up to temperature.

We're getting frosty with my hps girls 45 days into flower The nicest looking to me right now are the Qblue. & Quebec Blast they're in an awkward spot to get a good pic of without knocking the plant and getting a fuzzy image but they came out okay.

No pic of the clones but they're all still green, I've been spraying them daily and misting the top of the dome. I hoping for roots to show in a few days if all is going well. 😁😁

2 Gsc
1 Ak47/Blackberry
1 GG#4
1 Gelato

Alaska Thunderfuck
FruityOG
QBlue
Biscotti Skunk
Quebec Blast
Looking good as usual and wow is that tent packed!!
Field of Dreams in there 🧙‍♂️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking good as usual and wow is that tent packed!!
Field of Dreams in there 🧙‍♂️
Ya thanks, they've spread out well it should be a nice spread in a few weeks, I don't have any discoloration in the leaves yet and that's a first for me, I seem to have been frying some on my earlier grows with led's but I've upped the food and Epsom Salts this time going into flower and they're doing well now

I just went back and looked through some pics on Oct 13 I took this pic with 1` of the 2 abused girls, The GG#4 And Gelato, still in 1 gallon pots on the right. Fabric upfront and a plastic pot in behind...I started them the first of August.

IMG 1838
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Dec 28

2 Gsc
1 Ak47/Blackberry
1 GG#4
1 Gelato

Alaska Thunderfuck
FruityOG
QBlue
Biscotti Skunk
Quebec Blast
How do you like using LED bars compared to that HPS? I’m looking at lights right now to put in the 4x4 to replace the 2x kingled 1500’s I have in there and was considering a spiderfarmer light, but then I’m really considering trying a HPS, was gunna pick up a air cooled hood 600w kit (or 1,000 and run it at the 50-75% settings) but I’m still 50/50 on it

Do you have noticibly denser/more trich covered buds, and healthier plants with the HPS/MH over LED?

In the winter I can use the heat since my tents are all in the basement and the heater dosent run much since I run wood stoves upstairs so the tents run at a high of 70 right now and down to 62 at lights out, so I was considering running my LED’s in summer and swapping out for HPS even in the big tent in the winter, most likely 2x 1,000w or 2x 600’s to run the 4x8 in winter as well and then put the LED’s in during the summer

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How do you like using LED bars compared to that HPS? I’m looking at lights right now to put in the 4x4 to replace the 2x kingled 1500’s I have in there and was considering a spiderfarmer light, but then I’m really considering trying a HPS, was gunna pick up a air cooled hood 600w kit (or 1,000 and run it at the 50-75% settings) but I’m still 50/50 on it

Do you have noticibly denser/more trich covered buds, and healthier plants with the HPS/MH over LED?

In the winter I can use the heat since my tents are all in the basement and the heater dosent run much since I run wood stoves upstairs so the tents run at a high of 70 right now and down to 62 at lights out, so I was considering running my LED’s in summer and swapping out for HPS even in the big tent in the winter, most likely 2x 1,000w or 2x 600’s to run the 4x8 in winter as well and then put the LED’s in during the summer
I like the led grown buds, harder but smaller, I'm still getting used to the led's but my first grow with them I did a comparison grow. I had 3 Bubble Bomb triplets / clones and I put 1 under a SE3000 and 2 under the hps. The buds were harder and heavier with the led buds. I've pics back on my profile somewhere but at harvest I had 1 1/4 jar off the led grown and a jar each from the hps grown of harvest able buds and I was sold on them. I bought another shortly after.

The only problem I see it is not enough heat. I'm in a basement as well and my hps is running along side a 5x5 tent. With the hps on it gets to 76f and maybe 64f low right now. When my hps grow is finished I'll have to use my heater and maybe toss a sleeping bag on top. I've used heat lamps on dimmer & reptile lamps but I had to break down and buy a proper heater.

I'm not sure about an hps in the tent I've never done it but with the proper venting why not. I used 5 x 5' panda plastic wood framed panels for years before I got a tent through the winter. I really like the tent for containing the heat much better than trying to get my whole basement up to 78f

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I like the led grown buds, harder but smaller, I'm still getting used to the led's but my first grow with them I did a comparison grow. I had 3 Bubble Bomb triplets / clones and I put 1 under a SE3000 and 2 under the hps. The buds were harder and heavier with the led buds. I've pics back on my profile somewhere but at harvest I had 1 1/4 jar off the led grown and a jar each from the hps grown of harvest able buds and I was sold on them. I bought another shortly after.

The only problem I see it is not enough heat. I'm in a basement as well and my hps is running along side a 5x5 tent. With the hps on it gets to 76f and maybe 64f low right now. When my hps grow is finished I'll have to use my heater and maybe toss a sleeping bag on top. I've used heat lamps on dimmer & reptile lamps but I had to break down and buy a proper heater.

I'm not sure about an hps in the tent I've never done it but with the proper venting why not. I used 5 x 5' panda plastic wood framed panels for years before I got a tent through the winter. I really like the tent for containing the heat much better than trying to get my whole basement up to 78f
That’s what I’m trying to do as well I figured but the 1,000w and run it at 50% (500w) and have the option to increase to 750 or 1,000 I doubt either will ever happen in a 4x4 but it’s available if needed, if not I wanna grab the 600w

Eventually sometime I’ll pick up another bar style led that way LED in all tents in summer and HPS/MH all winter to increase the heat

I’m leaning towards the HPS atm I think it’s because I’ve never ran them and want to see the difference.. I’m an inquisitive person lol these would be the inline fans I’d be using to cool the light, one of these then I plan to be pick up 2 more at the same time to use as forced air inlet to the 4x8 and one to exhaust the homemade tent with veggie plants and one vegging plant

Since I’m running the FC-E8000 with supplemental IR/UV bars in the 4x8 it’d be nice to run the solo plant a different way

I have a few different style heaters but I’ve left them off so far I’m not a big fan of them running al night when I’m on midnights or else I’d run the lights at night for better heat production

E118D338 CF47 49A3 8F48 B497C9124CC1
416C6A9F 96A3 4B3C 8C44 60194DD436E8
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That’s what I’m trying to do as well I figured but the 1,000w and run it at 50% (500w) and have the option to increase to 750 or 1,000 I doubt either will ever happen in a 4x4 but it’s available if needed, if not I wanna grab the 600w

Eventually sometime I’ll pick up another bar style led that way LED in all tents in summer and HPS/MH all winter to increase the heat

I’m leaning towards the HPS atm I think it’s because I’ve never ran them and want to see the difference.. I’m an inquisitive person lol these would be the inline fans I’d be using to cool the light, one of these then I plan to be pick up 2 more at the same time to use as forced air inlet to the 4x8 and one to exhaust the homemade tent with veggie plants and one vegging plant

Since I’m running the FC-E8000 with supplemental IR/UV bars in the 4x8 it’d be nice to run the solo plant a different way

I have a few different style heaters but I’ve left them off so far I’m not a big fan of them running al night when I’m on midnights or else I’d run the lights at night for better heat production
I only run my heaters with the lights on in flower, I only need 78f ..more great but 77'-78 works. At night I've the house set for 64f...so it only drops to 63 and it brings out the color in the girls so what the heck. In Veg my t5's keep the space warm but I use a 150w heat lamp with lights on up above the lights with fans circulating the hot air in the coldest days of winter.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I only run my heaters with the lights on in flower, I only need 78f ..more great but 77'-78 works. At night I've the house set for 64f...so it only drops to 63 and it brings out the color in the girls so what the heck. In Veg my t5's keep the space warm but I use a 150w heat lamp with lights on up above the lights with fans circulating the hot air in the coldest days of winter.
Jan 3
I've been sick....I picked up something and I've felt like crap since Jan 1. I didn't do much other than sleep yesterday but I still had to feed and water my girls, sick or not they need attention.
No pics at the moment but everything is doing well I've bumped up the lights to 50,000 lux or 80% and they seem to be okay with the increase from 40,000.

My hps girls are at week 8 ....ye ha....they're getting close.

Has anyone ever tried to reveg an Auto?

I took a bottom branch off a Jam/ Gsc and stuck it in a 1 gallon jug of water and left it in my veg room on the edges after 2 months I saw 1 root coming out the bottom but maybe 100 small white bumps on the stalk looking like the start of more so I stuck it in a clear cup of soil 2 weeks ago and placed it inside a red solo cup and we have roots growing now with small finished buds and a few scrawny leaves....Will it grow or what its going to do is questionable but I'll nurse it along and see what happens.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Jan 3
I've been sick....I picked up something and I've felt like crap since Jan 1. I didn't do much other than sleep yesterday but I still had to feed and water my girls, sick or not they need attention.
No pics at the moment but everything is doing well I've bumped up the lights to 50,000 lux or 80% and they seem to be okay with the increase from 40,000.

My hps girls are at week 8 ....ye ha....they're getting close.

Has anyone ever tried to reveg an Auto?

I took a bottom branch off a Jam/ Gsc and stuck it in a 1 gallon jug of water and left it in my veg room on the edges after 2 months I saw 1 root coming out the bottom but maybe 100 small white bumps on the stalk looking like the start of more so I stuck it in a clear cup of soil 2 weeks ago and placed it inside a red solo cup and we have roots growing now with small finished buds and a few scrawny leaves....Will it grow or what its going to do is questionable but I'll nurse it along and see what happens.
8pm on the Atlantic Coast 6c and light rain but we're expecting freezing rain on Thursday. Its been warm 12C New Years eve. I've not felt like doing too much today but at least I'm up and moving around some. No energy, ache's and pains ( more than normal) plug nose, headache, fuzzy head ( lol more than normal) no appetite...just feeling like crap and not booze related.

Okay enough with the whining I took a few pics of the tent girls flipped on the 17th of Dec the same day I took cuttings off them and all of my cuts are growing. I took the dome off 3 days ago and upped their light. I watered them all yesterday with 1/4 tsp per gallon of Epsom Salt. I also dropped the light a bit to 45,000 lux I didn't like the way they were hanging at lights out.

My hps girls are at 8 weeks yesterday. Looking good although the Alaska Thunderfuck hasn't filled in as I was hoping I haven't even looked at the thich's yet so maybe there's still some time left on her clock.

I took this cut off my Jamaican/Gsc Auto over 2 months ago and it has roots growing What will it do?

IMG 3143
IMG 3145
IMG 3139
Alask8
Biscotti8
FruityOG8
FruityOG8b
Qblue8
QuebecB8
IMG 3132
IMG 3134
IMG 3131
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
8pm on the Atlantic Coast 6c and light rain but we're expecting freezing rain on Thursday. Its been warm 12C New Years eve. I've not felt like doing too much today but at least I'm up and moving around some. No energy, ache's and pains ( more than normal) plug nose, headache, fuzzy head ( lol more than normal) no appetite...just feeling like crap and not booze related.

Okay enough with the whining I took a few pics of the tent girls flipped on the 17th of Dec the same day I took cuttings off them and all of my cuts are growing. I took the dome off 3 days ago and upped their light. I watered them all yesterday with 1/4 tsp per gallon of Epsom Salt. I also dropped the light a bit to 45,000 lux I didn't like the way they were hanging at lights out.

My hps girls are at 8 weeks yesterday. Looking good although the Alaska Thunderfuck hasn't filled in as I was hoping I haven't even looked at the thich's yet so maybe there's still some time left on her clock.

I took this cut off my Jamaican/Gsc Auto over 2 months ago and it has roots growing What will it do?
Nice roots on that monstercrop cut! Took my monstercrop clones 4 months to go from cutting to flip to flower, but they are cruising along lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice roots on that monstercrop cut! Took my monstercrop clones 4 months to go from cutting to flip to flower, but they are cruising along lol
I'm not expecting too much out of it......it's an Auto branch I just stuck in a 1 gal jug of water 2+ months ago.....Should an auto still be growing new roots? Can you reveg auto's? I hope I can get to grow, it was a beauty at finish.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I'm not expecting too much out of it......it's an Auto branch I just stuck in a 1 gal jug of water 2+ months ago.....Should an auto still be growing new roots? Can you reveg auto's? I hope I can get to grow, it was a beauty at finish.
I've never heard or seen reveging autos, but transplanting at the right time will extend veg in my experience. I'm definitely interested to see what happens of your experiment. Get well soon 🍻

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've never heard or seen reveging autos, but transplanting at the right time will extend veg in my experience. I'm definitely interested to see what happens of your experiment. Get well soon 🍻
As long as it stays green and keeps building roots I'll keep watering and feeding until its either dead or something sprouts out of it. I've some clones going with her so it'll be fun to watch along side. I love the mother donor and I've no more seeds so we'll see

sportyridr

sportyridr

As long as it stays green and keeps building roots I'll keep watering and feeding until its either dead or something sprouts out of it. I've some clones going with her so it'll be fun to watch along side. I love the mother donor and I've no more seeds so we'll see

Maybe the ruderalis gene wasn't strong in this one to die off...

good that your feeling better man!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Maybe the ruderalis gene wasn't strong in this one to die off...

good that your feeling better man!
I haven't been sick in years, I've never had a flue shot and I rarely get sick. My wife is usually the one that picks up a bug.....it's still in me though and its made me cut down on my smoking..... fking hard to smoke when I'm hacking out a lung. I'm chopping up some Gelato wizzzz ............done.......now to twist one. slow easy puffs. Once I can get a bit in me the coughing stops for a while....

If it revegs and and grows it'll be interesting to see what she looks like afterwards. I'd really like it to grow so I can take some cuts off her.

Top Bottom