Pipecarver's new Spiderfarmer5'x5' with 2-SE3000 growing wild

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Thanks, for an old stoner I'm pretty happy with my grows of late. I give 100% credit to this site for all the help, info & friendship I've received here over the past few years.even an old dog can learn new tricks if he keep trying....

I have this pretty FruityOG @ 60 days I rolled out today for a few pics Its the plant I put on a mobile scrog I made.
killer mobile trellis here....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That looks awesome, great job!

How early did you start scrogging them?
1 week after I flipped them I added the net. They were in veg under T5's until then but 2 at the back are 5 1/2 months in veg. I kept the in 1 gallon pots for 4 months, ignoring them and not sure what I'd do with them. Then I had space and started to look after them......they took off.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Jan 6
I transplanted my clones into 1 gal & 3/4 gal pots, all but 1 was root wrapped and dry, those small solo cups dry out pretty fast once they develop roots.

I turned down the lights on the left side in my tent to 60% not sure what the lux is but I didn't like the way the leaves are hanging, I hope they flatten out more. Feed day on the girls up front and I gave them there first taste of Kool Bloom dry. 1.5tsp/gal along with the rest of their GH nute's at 5/5/10 ml/gal + 1ml Floralicious Plus. and 1 ml ph up.

This is the time in the grow with my hps I like. picture time.....After all the time and effort to get them to the end of their cycle this is it. I'll be @ 9 weeks Sunday on all of them and they've each distinguished themselves from each other. I no longer need tags to know whos what...lol

Pics tonight of Quebec Blue. I don't think my pics can do it justice. There is more sparkle on this girl then any I've grown in the past. The top almost looks bleached its so white.....(and its not) I've kept it back off the light when I first noticed it 3 weeks ago, Its just a pretty girl.

and a Biscotti Skunk
Xlent job!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Xlent job!
Jan 14, girls are coming along well but I'm still getting yellowing of the leaves under the led lights. I've upped their food and I keep giving them Epsom Salts every watering but there's still something I'm missing,

I'm harvesting a Quebec Blast today....well I moved it away from the lights and I'll let it sit on my bench for 2 days while I take some of her leaves off.

Yesterday I took my Gelato that's been drying for 3 weeks and decarbed it all. Not sure of weight but I'm guessing 5-6 oz. I used 3.5 cups of Coconut oil & 3.5 cups of crumbled decarbed Gelato in a double boiler for 3.5 hrs then I strained it through a fine mesh strainer and I squeezed the material with a potato ricer until I could squeeze no more. I then filtered it all through a cheese cloth. Seeing as the Cheese cloth absorbs a lot of oil I squeezed the cheese cloth and in the process contaminated my clean oil with the drippings. Oh well just a bit more milky green than I'd like.

I still have over half of what I decarbed left for another batch and I ended up with almost 3 cups of infused Coconut oil my wife will be turning into gummy's at some point today

IMG 3423
IMG 3428
IMG 3429
IMG 3467
IMG 3468
IMG 3474
Qblast10b
Qblast10c
Qblast10d
Qblast10e
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Jan 14, girls are coming along well but I'm still getting yellowing of the leaves under the led lights. I've upped their food and I keep giving them Epsom Salts every watering but there's still something I'm missing,

I'm harvesting a Quebec Blast today....well I moved it away from the lights and I'll let it sit on my bench for 2 days while I take some of her leaves off.

Yesterday I took my Gelato that's been drying for 3 weeks and decarbed it all. Not sure of weight but I'm guessing 5-6 oz. I used 3.5 cups of Coconut oil & 3.5 cups of crumbled decarbed Gelato in a double boiler for 3.5 hrs then I strained it through a fine mesh strainer and I squeezed the material with a potato ricer until I could squeeze no more. I then filtered it all through a cheese cloth. Seeing as the Cheese cloth absorbs a lot of oil I squeezed the cheese cloth and in the process contaminated my clean oil with the drippings. Oh well just a bit more milky green than I'd like.

I still have over half of what I decarbed left for another batch and I ended up with almost 3 cups of infused Coconut oil my wife will be turning into gummy's at some point today
A few more Quebec Blast from QCseeds after I trimmed her up,

This transplant is an auto Gsc/Jamaican. Its been trying to grow now for 3 months, Its growing roots and she has some new green vegetation so we'll see, just a fun little project .

And the rest of the gang all sprouting up nicely after I transplanted trhem.

IMG 3482
IMG 3483
IMG 3485
IMG 3492
IMG 3498
IMG 3500
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

A few more Quebec Blast from QCseeds after I trimmed her up,

This transplant is an auto Gsc/Jamaican. Its been trying to grow now for 3 months, Its growing roots and she has some new green vegetation so we'll see, just a fun little project .

And the rest of the gang all sprouting up nicely after I transplanted trhem.
High five Mister! Absolutely beautiful canopy, dense nice looking.
I absolutely force mine to yellow out or burn up the extra N in the last few weeks of flower, so from that you should know I don’t worry too much about yellowing toward the end. I sit up and take notice if it happens anytime before then tho.
Im transplanting today, watering and prepping to take my first fresh harvest since Aug. I’m ready!
Enjoy the gummies!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
High five Mister! Absolutely beautiful canopy, dense nice looking.
I absolutely force mine to yellow out or burn up the extra N in the last few weeks of flower, so from that you should know I don’t worry too much about yellowing toward the end. I sit up and take notice if it happens anytime before then tho.
Im transplanting today, watering and prepping to take my first fresh harvest since Aug. I’m ready!
Enjoy the gummies!
Jan17
still chugging along, the plants up front directly under the SF600 are doing better than those under the brighter SE3000 that tells me I had the power too high too early...noted and logged. I'll keep them on a lower setting next time around while in early flower.

I gave them all a full feed yesterday at 5/5/10/1/4tsp KB/ 1/ 2ml phup. M/G/B/KB/F/up. With my 1000w hps running next to the tent I don't need a heater but its going to be shut off in a day or 2 and I'll need added heat with lights on.

I pulled my Alaska Thunderfuck yesterday and I'll trim her up and hang her to dry tomorrow. I've cut and hung my Quebe Blast & Biscotti Skunk over the last few days. 2 more to go The QBlue and FruityOG are still ripening.

All of my clones are doing great and I've topped those I can to keep them short. When I finish with this run in the tent I've a full lineup to go straight in. I've 2 Gsc ,2Gelato,2 GG#4 and 3 AK47/Blackberry.....with my revegging auto a Gsc/Jamaican

IMG 3679
IMG 3681
IMG 3683
IMG 3681
IMG 3688
IMG 3690
IMG 3692
IMG 3693
IMG 3720
IMG 3604
IMG 3607
IMG 3614
SSgrower

SSgrower

Really, I am into this Hobby like a pro, studying & building or buying the "tools" we need to accomplish our goals. Your single plant scrog idea is used by Spartan Grown from MBGS . They help with "movement" of the individual plants, something you can't do with a scrog-net tied to the tent or walls. I have yet to need this tool but bought Arborly plant Yo-Yo's for the future. Cheers SS

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Really, I am into this Hobby like a pro, studying & building or buying the "tools" we need to accomplish our goals. Your single plant scrog idea is used by Spartan Grown from MBGS . They help with "movement" of the individual plants, something you can't do with a scrog-net tied to the tent or walls. I have yet to need this tool but bought Arborly plant Yo-Yo's for the future. Cheers SS
I saw someone on here with a PVC made one so I priced out parts...almost $100 so I said fk that I can build one, I made 2 out of a pine 2"x6"x 8' board $12 plus 10 screws and hot glue...If I use my 1000w hps again I'd like 2-3 more of them.

I didn't know they were a thing until I saw the pic on here from someone. I just googled and there seems to be lots of them being used but mostly pvc made. I won't need them in my tents but they work great in an open room.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I saw someone on here with a PVC made one so I priced out parts...almost $100 so I said fk that I can build one, I made 2 out of a pine 2"x6"x 8' board $12 plus 10 screws and hot glue...If I use my 1000w hps again I'd like 2-3 more of them.

I didn't know they were a thing until I saw the pic on here from someone. I just googled and there seems to be lots of them being used but mostly pvc made. I won't need them in my tents but they work great in an open room.
Jan 21,
The girls in the back have been miniaturized, I think 2 fold # 1 is I gave them too much light too early and #2 I locked them out with too much bloom in nutes too early. I didn't do that with the girls up front ( my 2 Gsc & an AK47/Blackberry in the middle ) and they're doing much better.

The girls under the SF600 are doing surprisingly well, being only 85w I was just adding it to give me more light on the edges but the plants under it have the best buds on this grow. That tells me I fried the plants at the back. I'm egar to try out that on my next grow.

I've shut down my HPS grow and now albeit late I can focus on these girls, I'm thinking 6 weeks more

And a couple of pics from my finished hps grow

IMG 4013
IMG 4014
IMG 4017
IMG 4019
Qfrost
IMG 3772
ATF
IMG 3512
IMG 3562
kuwl

kuwl

Jan 21,
The girls in the back have been miniaturized, I think 2 fold # 1 is I gave them too much light too early and #2 I locked them out with too much bloom in nutes too early. I didn't do that with the girls up front ( my 2 Gsc & an AK47/Blackberry in the middle ) and they're doing much better.

The girls under the SF600 are doing surprisingly well, being only 85w I was just adding it to give me more light on the edges but the plants under it have the best buds on this grow. That tells me I fried the plants at the back. I'm egar to try out that on my next grow.

I've shut down my HPS grow and now albeit late I can focus on these girls, I'm thinking 6 weeks more

And a couple of pics from my finished hps grow
WOW your plants are looking great!!
That one close up pic of the sparkly tri's is really cool.
Getting better at pic's I see.
Nice job on your perpetual grow!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
WOW your plants are looking great!!
That one close up pic of the sparkly tri's is really cool.
Getting better at pic's I see.
Nice job on your perpetual grow!
Thanks, I bought a macro lens at the same time I got my new camera but focusing it with my bad eyes is a challenge....it doesn't auto focus all that well and my eye's with a manual focus....well......focus to me ends up being blurry on screen......learning curve too.....I take more shots with it I can only get better.....I get a lot of shots that have one clear area and the rest is all out of focus, on buds that are tapered I get a shot of the center of the bud but the top is fuzzy......tricky getting it all in focus.....with bad eye's....lol

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Thanks, I bought a macro lens at the same time I got my new camera but focusing it with my bad eyes is a challenge....it doesn't auto focus all that well and my eye's with a manual focus....well......focus to me ends up being blurry on screen......learning curve too.....I take more shots with it I can only get better.....I get a lot of shots that have one clear area and the rest is all out of focus, on buds that are tapered I get a shot of the center of the bud but the top is fuzzy......tricky getting it all in focus.....with bad eye's....lol
To be honest I think it's just a fact of macro lenses that they have very shallow depth of field. It works great for flat objects but 3d flowers not so much. I also have a macro lens that I manual focus, its tricky but I like to take a bunch of shots while rotating the focus ring lightly and then pick the nicest one.

If you get a tripod and a rig you can do focus stacks to blend multiple photos together and have them be 100% in focus. I haven't gone that far yet but one day hahaha.

Your photos and plants continue to look amazing!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
To be honest I think it's just a fact of macro lenses that they have very shallow depth of field. It works great for flat objects but 3d flowers not so much. I also have a macro lens that I manual focus, its tricky but I like to take a bunch of shots while rotating the focus ring lightly and then pick the nicest one.

If you get a tripod and a rig you can do focus stacks to blend multiple photos together and have them be 100% in focus. I haven't gone that far yet but one day hahaha.

Your photos and plants continue to look amazing!
Hey thanks for that, I keep playing with it. I was focusing on the center of the plant hoping to get it all in focus but the top being back a bit kept being out of focus so I'm now focusing on the top center and have it blur out as it goes. That gives me a lot of top black background in the photo so I'm just cropping it down. With the macro lens it crops and zooms in without losing very much sharpness. I can zoom these pics right into the trichs and its still remarkably clear

This = this after a bit of zoom

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey thanks for that, I keep playing with it. I was focusing on the center of the plant hoping to get it all in focus but the top being back a bit kept being out of focus so I'm now focusing on the top center and have it blur out as it goes. That gives me a lot of top black background in the photo so I'm just cropping it down. With the macro lens it crops and zooms in without losing very much sharpness. I can zoom these pics right into the trichs and its still remarkably clear

This = this after a bit of zoom View attachment 1322499

View attachment 1322490
Jan 23
I'm not doing well with the GG#4 she's looking sick, I backed off the light to 80% and the Gelato picked up but the GG#4 didn't so I dropped it again to 60% maybe a bit better today but shes Fked.....My 2 Gsc and the AK47/Blackberry are doing great nice looking healthy quite a contrast between the front and back plants.

My Gsc/Jamaican auto reveg is still growing and has a few new leaves....I think she can I think she can as she just keeps living and growing....Revegged auto...lol

My next group of girls are coming along nicely. no issues with any of them and they're all in need of a transplant.. I've 2 Gsc, 2 Gelato, 2 GG#4, 4 AK47/Blackberry......I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the GG's or Gelato clones, I've enough without them and they've been a pain to grow. I've a new bunch of seeds I'm anxious to get in the ground before the heat of the summer so Feb - April veg then April - June flower....stop flowering and veg only in the summer..........ya that's it good talk....nice plan.......lol

Coal Qnight and Dusk my 3 boys & Dusk

IMG 4038
IMG 4039
IMG 4040
IMG 4049
IMG 4051
IMG 4062
IMG 4063
IMG 4031
IMG 4022
IMG 4026
Top Bottom