PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wow! Look at the bright side... you have a bunch of feminized seeds that you can do something with... other than pick them out of your buds before use. I had a parrot that would de-seed all of the old colombian buds, but they weren't sticky and gooey. My macaw probably wouldn't enjoy the task of getting them, but DOES love the taste of them!
I ordered some Bubble hash bags, I'm not smoking seedy stuff again ( if I can help it) 6 plants turned into hash. I should get something out of them.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I ordered some Bubble hash bags, I'm not smoking seedy stuff again ( if I can help it) 6 plants turned into hash. I should get something out of them. View attachment 966915
Last July 3rd at lights on (10 p.m.) I found four gorilla glues that were almost done had started to seed from nutrient stress; instead of celebrating the 4th I spent the next 22 hours trimming bud 🍃✂️ Turned it all into Kief 🤦‍♂️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I ordered some Bubble hash bags, I'm not smoking seedy stuff again ( if I can help it) 6 plants turned into hash. I should get something out of them. View attachment 966915

I have lots of hermied plants seeds, I want to plant these around the community when it warms up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My vegging plants are loving this new light.I went from 7000 lux at the light - 30,000 lux at the light.......much healthier looking new leaves
I moved the lights today from my seedling box to the veg room, the t5 was putting out too much heat for the small box. I added a 35 w full spectrum light that will put out less heat, if I have to I can add another light to cover more area. I added the t5 to give just a bit more coverage in my veg room.
I added a bathroom fan to the veg room, I just boxed it up added a duct and hose to the back side and hot glued a fan cover on the fron to keep fingers and leaves out

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I moved the lights today from my seedling box to the veg room, the t5 was putting out too much heat for the small box. I added a 35 w full spectrum light that will put out less heat, if I have to I can add another light to cover more area. I added the t5 to give just a bit more coverage in my veg room.
I added a bathroom fan to the veg room, I just boxed it up added a duct and hose to the back side and hot glued a fan cover on the fron to keep fingers and leaves out

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 7 Chocoplope 19 days on 12/12
May 14 tomorrow is 8 weeks in flower but none of them are ready yet. I need the space bad, I've run out of room in veg I've chopped the legs off my table to lower it another 6 " but now that space is gone. I need to get my large vegging plants into flower so they can be done near mid July after that the humidity and heat gets too much for flowering plants, in my grow space. I intend to veg only through the hottest days.

I cut a bud off one of my MC girls. The top is seeded bad but as I dig into the bud it's not as bad all the way through it. There are still a few seeds tucked in but not as bad as I had thought they were.

I added another 4 ft t5 to the back of my room half way down the wall to give some added light under the canopy. I noticed that it was dark and some of the lower leaves were dying off without light. I normally have more space but things are too crowded for healthy growth.

I've had a problem in my room dumping water, I don't have a drain to get rid of waste water so I've had to pack it up and out in buckets. Enough is enough, I had an broken old sump pump and a large plastic garbage can I've jury rigged it to work and pump the waste water out. I hooked it up after fixing its broken parts / well sort of, it's float switch was gone and the main switch was broken and wired to be on. I put the pump in the bucket after fiddling with the electric for a while add water to the bucket and turned it on. It worked I now had water spewing all over my work room with the waste hose flailing around like hoses do without having it under control. I had plugged in an extension cord to the pump but I'd dropped it with the water spewing everywhere. Soaked, now I finely got the hose under control and I unplugged the cords. Whew it works ! lol water fking everywhere but it works. I now have to wire it with a switch and have the hose out through the exterior wall

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 14 tomorrow is 8 weeks in flower but none of them are ready yet. I need the space bad, I've run out of room in veg I've chopped the legs off my table to lower it another 6 " but now that space is gone. I need to get my large vegging plants into flower so they can be done near mid July after that the humidity and heat gets too much for flowering plants, in my grow space. I intend to veg only through the hottest days.

I cut a bud off one of my MC girls. The top is seeded bad but as I dig into the bud it's not as bad all the way through it. There are still a few seeds tucked in but not as bad as I had thought they were.

I added another 4 ft t5 to the back of my room half way down the wall to give some added light under the canopy. I noticed that it was dark and some of the lower leaves were dying off without light. I normally have more space but things are too crowded for healthy growth.

I've had a problem in my room dumping water, I don't have a drain to get rid of waste water so I've had to pack it up and out in buckets. Enough is enough, I had an broken old sump pump and a large plastic garbage can I've jury rigged it to work and pump the waste water out. I hooked it up after fixing its broken parts / well sort of, it's float switch was gone and the main switch was broken and wired to be on. I put the pump in the bucket after fiddling with the electric for a while add water to the bucket and turned it on. It worked I now had water spewing all over my work room with the waste hose flailing around like hoses do without having it under control. I had plugged in an extension cord to the pump but I'd dropped it with the water spewing everywhere. Soaked, now I finely got the hose under control and I unplugged the cords. Whew it works ! lol water fking everywhere but it works. I now have to wire it with a switch and have the hose out through the exterior wall
I can't wait any longer, Trimmed, removed from flower room and put 2 Galiano Candy in the dark. Hermies but not as bad as I'd envisioned, mostly just the tops and top buds.

I've moved my 2.5 month old Sweet Tooth with over 100 tops into flower room It was hanging a bit low this am ( low water) so I pulled her out of the veg room pulled her apart some, bent some branches outwards to get more light and gave her a good watering.

By taking the 2 Galiano Candies out of the flower room it gives me room for the Sweet Tooth to spread out. Now I can let the others in the room ripen as I want and not rush pulling them out.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That’s great I haven’t had time to use mine this season I’ll have a few lb of popcorn buds to run , I only use the work bag and the yellow bag to get the most of the crystals I find the finer bags tare to long to run through and by the time I’ve done the run just using the yellow bag I’ve lost interest in the rest of the fine crap I just take it to the pigs they love the hash water in there slop feed troth . Have fun making bubbles .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I can't wait any longer, Trimmed, removed from flower room and put 2 Galiano Candy in the dark. Hermies but not as bad as I'd envisioned, mostly just the tops and top buds.

I've moved my 2.5 month old Sweet Tooth with over 100 tops into flower room It was hanging a bit low this am ( low water) so I pulled her out of the veg room pulled her apart some, bent some branches outwards to get more light and gave her a good watering.

By taking the 2 Galiano Candies out of the flower room it gives me room for the Sweet Tooth to spread out. Now I can let the others in the room ripen as I want and not rush pulling them out.
Chocolope 4 weeks in flower I was trimming /defoliating and I found some spider mites still alive fkers are hard to get rid of. I sprayed them down with Dr. Bronners baby soap but I'm needing an alternative next spray.

Nice white buds real sweet smell I hope some of my clones are of this plant. I've taken a bunch off a few different plants and lost track of whats what They're either Chocolope or Sweet Tooth by the looks of them. That's how I have them labeled Choc or Sweet T #1 - #2 _ #3 I'll have to wait for flowering before I can determine which is which.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Chocolope 4 weeks in flower I was trimming /defoliating and I found some spider mites still alive fkers are hard to get rid of. I sprayed them down with Dr. Bronners baby soap but I'm needing an alternative next spray.

Nice white buds real sweet smell I hope some of my clones are of this plant. I've taken a bunch off a few different plants and lost track of whats what They're either Chocolope or Sweet Tooth by the looks of them. That's how I have them labeled Choc or Sweet T #1 - #2 _ #3 I'll have to wait for flowering before I can determine which is which.
I trimmed down my 2 MC ( Bubba Kush & Cherry Bomb cross) nice big thick buds incredible sweet smell. I'll leave these in the flower room for another 2-3 days until the soil has dried up some and I can put them in the dark. I turned these 2 early but now that I know what these seeds can produce I'll be popping more in Sept. after the heat & humidity here has dropped and letting them grow more.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I trimmed down my 2 MC ( Bubba Kush & Cherry Bomb cross) nice big thick buds incredible sweet smell. I'll leave these in the flower room for another 2-3 days until the soil has dried up some and I can put them in the dark. I turned these 2 early but now that I know what these seeds can produce I'll be popping more in Sept. after the heat & humidity here has dropped and letting them grow more.

You got those filled out so nice!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks they have some seed but not as bad it could have been. Fk I
've been trimming the plants and I rubbed my eye fk I have some resin stinging the fk out of my right eye. Its like jalapeno oil. Note to self kep your fking fingers out of your eyes.

I get some eye and sinus allergy from trimming. I try hard not to touch my eyes. Sorry you did that.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I have bad allergies, also. I used my cloth mask this morning when burping jars. It worked so well. For now, Tangerine Dream wrecks me above all I've grown so far. So many other strains for me to try before I grow that again!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I get some eye and sinus allergy from trimming. I try hard not to touch my eyes. Sorry you did that.
You must have rubbed your eye at one time or another after cutting hot peppers. Its happens so often it's become a bit of a masochistic pleasure. It never last long and the sting is painful but bearable and almost pleasurable as are hot peppers in the mouth. ( not recommended for the uninitiated) I never go out of my way to stick hot pepper oils in my eyes ( I'm not that warped) but it's happened so often it just comes with the territory eating hot stuff.

The pain I received with the resign off my fingers was more like a ghost pepper sting than a jalapeno's. It lasted longer and burned more. lol rating eye burns to the scoville scale. 😵😵

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You must have rubbed your eye at one time or another after cutting hot peppers. Its happens so often it's become a bit of a masochistic pleasure. It never last long and the sting is painful but bearable and almost pleasurable as are hot peppers in the mouth. ( not recommended for the uninitiated) I never go out of my way to stick hot pepper oils in my eyes ( I'm not that warped) but it's happened so often it just comes with the territory eating hot stuff.

The pain I received with the resign off my fingers was more like a ghost pepper sting than a jalapeno's. It lasted longer and burned more. lol rating eye burns to the scoville scale. 😵😵

Of course I have. It sucks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

This is one of two KC 39's. I stripped this one because of all the yellow leaves. I'll stick it back in the flower room for another 2-3 days until the soil is dryer then into the dark for 2-3 nights.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is one of two KC 39's. I stripped this one because of all the yellow leaves. I'll stick it back in the flower room for another 2-3 days until the soil is dryer then into the dark for 2-3 nights.
In preparation for turning these plants into kief I rounded the edges of the scrapper to avoid it digging into the cloth bags and I made a paddle to turn the ice & water in the bags. I'm going to use my drill press on its lowest speed to spin the ice. I had originally planned to use a dowel attached to the paddle but after spinning the dowel and paddle it was obvious that wasn't going to work. It was spinning out of control with a flexible shaft flailing around like a loose hose smashing into everything within reach. I found this old bit from my grandfathers old tools and attached it to the paddle. A bit of epoxy to hold the bit in the place and it spins like a dream. I'll be able to lift and lower the paddle inside the bags as with the arm on my drill press.

I sentenced to Galiano Candy clones to the box of death a week ago. They are about 2 months old and still won't go back into veg. They seem to ooze spider mites, it doesn't matter how many times I kill them off a week later even after multiple sprays with a few different concoctions the fkers still thrive. The other plants around them didn't seem to be effected too bad. I've been able to control them but these 2 GC I've had it with. Out you go into the box of death. A few nights at 0 and 2-3 c will teach them a lesson. I watered them a couple days ago and they both still have live leaves lol. it's warming who, who knows maybe they'll survive lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom