PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Its a permanent state for me. There are not many awake hours in the day to perform duties while I'm not high. Retired, arthritic, addict that likes to smoke way too much.😁😁

Not gonna lie, I have dumped a mix or two or three out after a stoner moment while mixing...I try to steer clear of the smoke until about 3ish to 4:20ish 🤣 ...If not I just jump around from one thing to the other and get fk all done. 🤪😆 Too much crap rollin around up there.

Rooms are looking nice n green...hope you whip this cloning once & for all 🙂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not gonna lie, I have dumped a mix or two or three out after a stoner moment while mixing...I try to steer clear of the smoke until about 3ish to 4:20ish 🤣 ...If not I just jump around from one thing to the other and get fk all done. 🤪😆 Too much crap rollin around up there.

Rooms are looking nice n green...hope you whip this cloning once & for all 🙂
Yep another day another fk up...lol....I got down here to my room this am and the cloner light was out..wtf the timer didn't work. I'd set 2 of my timers last night to go out at the same time one worked the other didn't ...now what? it came on fine when I turned the timer on, I have other timers I'll swap it out.....Was a good timer...lol until it wasn't I guess.

kuwl

kuwl

Yep another day another fk up...lol....I got down here to my room this am and the cloner light was out..wtf the timer didn't work. I'd set 2 of my timers last night to go out at the same time one worked the other didn't ...now what? it came on fine when I turned the timer on, I have other timers I'll swap it out.....Was a good timer...lol until it wasn't I guess.
I had that problem once, it was a switch on the side I forgot was there and slipped to on all the time so the timer was off. I taped them on the timer side to prevent that shit.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I bought my first digital timers yesterday. I added a UVA supplement light for this grow and needed another timer so I swapped everything out to digital. I can toss my peg board timers in the museum of me drawer now, lol. Got them at Lowes. One thing I like right off the bat is that they have short cords on them instead of the timer body taking up real estate on the power strip. I reclaimed a couple outlets from that.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bought my first digital timers yesterday. I added a UVA supplement light for this grow and needed another timer so I swapped everything out to digital. I can toss my peg board timers in the museum of me drawer now, lol. Got them at Lowes. One thing I like right off the bat is that they have short cords on them instead of the timer body taking up real estate on the power strip. I reclaimed a couple outlets from that.
These are heavy duty timers I bought for our store to shut the coolers off at night and restart in am before we opened..I have 4 of them that work really well but this one I fried a couple of years back and rewired it...its been in a box for a while something is probably lose...I'll look at it later...They cost me about $80 each 15 years ago......not cheap timers but they do have pegs.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You see a lot then on swimming pool pumps.
Yep and they're used as hot tub timers a lot,.. and grow light timers lol. Does look like some of the older sprinkler timers I've seen too.

Only reason less people use them now is they need to be hardwired or on a prewired power supply panel with outlets. Folks like plug and play these days.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yep and they're used as hot tub timers a lot,.. and grow light timers lol. Does look like some of the older sprinkler timers I've seen too.

Only reason less people use them now is they need to be hardwired or on a prewired power supply panel with outlets. Folks like plug and play these days.
When I wore a much younger man’s clothes I installed sprinkler systems. That was a long time ago but that’s how I remembered their timer systems to look. And yes hard wired in, but bullet proof reliable timers.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Only difference was the sprinkler timers can be programmed by day of the week too.
These of mine are 1500w weather proof. I bought them to help lower our electric bill. It worked so well it cost us more money to use them...Our electric consumption dropped below a small commercial rate threshold so we were put on another rating system that cost more per kw/hr and our bill went up....I contacted the power company about it and they could care less.....Use less pay more was the motto here

freezeland2

freezeland2

These of mine are 1500w weather proof. I bought them to help lower our electric bill. It worked so well it cost us more money to use them...Our electric consumption dropped below a small commercial rate threshold so we were put on another rating system that cost more per kw/hr and our bill went up....I contacted the power company about it and they could care less.....Use less pay more was the motto here
Never pays to be a good citizen, lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Never pays to be a good citizen, lol.
I was speaking with Homesteader last night on another page about Gypsum being a good additive to help with hay smelling weed. The Interstate Dragon & Jam/ Purple Haze I jarred are scentless other than maybe hay.....I know it dried too fast but after being in a jar and adding a couple of fresh leaves it moistened up but the scent still isn't there. After googling and reading about gypsum after homesteaders recommendation I put a small bag in my Cart

I could go larger but I'll try a small bag first and see in the Spring if any of the garden shops in the area have a better deal....right now we're a foot deep in snow its -15c .....not gardening weather....

I have a couple of items in my order now a Chocolate mold

I've been making pies and it is hard to get uniformed pieces & doses, Some nights my wife gets whacked & has a hard time getting to bed other times she is still restless in bed. I have to get the dosage more manageable.

I've never had one of these fancy items but my Son shakes his head with me using scissors and I've cut my self a few times not paying attention, so In the cart it goes. ...lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
They will. Just bought 40 pounds for 13 bucks yesterday.But I am not snowbound. Hope it works for you.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They will. Just bought 40 pounds for 13 bucks yesterday.But I am not snowbound. Hope it works for you.
I'll take a guess you are not in Canada....so here for some reason they take your price...say $13 Usa They double it cause its Canada, then they use an outrageous exchange rate say 500% then they charge duties, import fees, taxes on those charges and fees, then there is the fuel surcharge, rounding up, then 15% tax....yep that's about right $13 Usa = about $438.75 + remote area shipping charge........free part time health care ain't free you know........lol.......I might have stretched the numbers a bit but its close😁😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'll take a guess you are not in Canada....so here for some reason they take your price...say $13 Usa They double it cause its Canada, then they use an outrageous exchange rate say 500% then they charge duties, import fees, taxes on those charges and fees, then there is the fuel surcharge, rounding up, then 15% tax....yep that's about right $13 Usa = about $438.75 + remote area shipping charge........free part time health care ain't free you know........lol.......I might have stretched the numbers a bit but its close😁😁
Feb 15 1ft snow - 15c great day to be in the shop...I pulled the male Tangie99 out, I had to let him hang his balls out first......
The 2 girls I have flowering now 8 weeks tomorrow are frosting up nicely even some of the lower buds that get very little other than reflective light are glowing.

I think is Jam/ Purple Haze & the other was supposed to be the same but it's not. It could be a White Widow...No matter it'll smoke....Smaller buds but frosty..

My Bubble Bomb is looking good another 2 weeks before I can move it under the @SpiderfarmerSe3000. I'm going to add a sm Tangie99 also after I take some cuttings off them over the next 2 weeks.....I have 2 left...1 at least should be fem...

I transplanted a very root bound fem Jam/Purple Haze & a fem Interstate Dragon clones into 3 gallon fabric pots.....It's taken me a while but I now have guaranteed fem's I can take cuttings off and with my new bubbler it'll make things much easier.

100 6745
100 6748
100 6750
100 6753
100 6755
100 6756
100 6757
100 6763
100 6765
100 6772
100 6773
Top Bottom