PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 8 flattened my Bubble Bomb and adjusted to light level to 100% 20" from the canopy I get 41,000lux inn the hot spots & 35,000 on the edges.

I pulled out my Interstate Dragon, Jamaican Purple Haze & 2 unsexed Tangie 99...for pics, trim, bend & top dress 1 tsp of lime as a preventive measure. My soil tends to work its way south with ph and if I don't it gets down in the 5.5 range by weeks 7 - 8 in veg
March 10 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUk me we just got our monthly oil fill up $767.75.......$1.87/liter WTF how are we supposed to stay warm? This is nuts...Electricity here is $0.17 kw/hr +15% tax we can afford to heat with electricity or oil now. We'll survive this year but its getting nerve racking thinking about the next bill & or next year.....Weez too old for this shit, I coulda escaped to the Big Island and survived in the jungle the sun and warmth 50 years ago...fkers probably would even let me on the islands now...lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

March 10 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUk me we just got our monthly oil fill up $767.75.......$1.87/liter WTF how are we supposed to stay warm? This is nuts...Electricity here is $0.17 kw/hr +15% tax we can afford to heat with electricity or oil now. We'll survive this year but its getting nerve racking thinking about the next bill & or next year.....Weez too old for this shit, I coulda escaped to the Big Island and survived in the jungle the sun and warmth 50 years ago...fkers probably would even let me on the islands now...lol

I haven't opened the bills that just came in for Feb...afraid to as Jan was the highest it's been in the 8 years here so I know we're in for it 🤯☹️...can't wait for warm weather when the gas bill is less than 20 bucks in summer. Think SPRING!!!

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I haven't opened the bills that just came in for Feb...afraid to as Jan was the highest it's been in the 8 years here so I know we're in for it 🤯☹️...can't wait for warm weather when the gas bill is less than 20 bucks in summer. Think SPRING!!!
I nearly shit when i saw March's bill. It was the highest utility bill I ever paid.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Now I really don't want to open any of them 😨😱
March 11, Yesterday was an expensive one, oil bill and we took our cats to the vets for a $300 fking check up & tick medication
Now I really don't want to open any of them 😨😱
I picked up a 25lb bag of worm castings...I've not used the stuff, I've read here that it's widely used and beneficial but I never went looking for it. I was in feed supply store where we pick up peanuts & bird seed for squirrels,for Blue Jays & chickadee's through the winter ( to entertain our cats) .

When I brought home the bag I wasn't sure the best way to use it so a short google later I'm making 4 gal tea. I'll incorporate it into the Promix when I transplant from here on in. I read about 10% of my soil should be castings,

I'm hoping it will help a bit in early veg with it helping the roots to absorb nutes and speed up growth. It reads like a wonder drug and should be used regularly....25+ years later...I catch on slow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
March 11, Yesterday was an expensive one, oil bill and we took our cats to the vets for a $300 fking check up & tick medication

I picked up a 25lb bag of worm castings...I've not used the stuff, I've read here that it's widely used and beneficial but I never went looking for it. I was in feed supply store where we pick up peanuts & bird seed for squirrels,for Blue Jays & chickadee's through the winter ( to entertain our cats) .

When I brought home the bag I wasn't sure the best way to use it so a short google later I'm making 4 gal tea. I'll incorporate it into the Promix when I transplant from here on in. I read about 10% of my soil should be castings,

I'm hoping it will help a bit in early veg with it helping the roots to absorb nutes and speed up growth. It reads like a wonder drug and should be used regularly....25+ years later...I catch on slow.
I have a Spiderfarmer tent coming on Monday according to the tracking#. I approached them about sponsoring me to put my 2 SE3000 lights in one of their tents. They replied with " what size of tent do you think you'll need?" I said their 4 x 4 x 6.5' would work...They agreed and sent me a tracking number...Wow...Thank you Spiderfarmer for the opportunity to test out your equipment....Awesome 😁😁😁🥳

kevinfever

kevinfever

Looking great man. A little overferted but not bad, should be a decent harvest. Do you have holes drilled in the bottom of those pails?

And I love the blue house man, so very Nova Scotian. I'm from Pictou County myself, the land of the worlds best pizza and equally fine donairs haha.
im replying to and old post but i just moved from Ontario to New Brunswick few months ago , and i never heard of that donair stuff until i got here what is it ?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
im replying to and old post but i just moved from Ontario to New Brunswick few months ago , and i never heard of that donair stuff until i got here what is it ?
You don't want to know......Just eat it, like it and don't ask questions.......its like whats in hotdogs, beef and or lips,tails,toes,ears,snouts,brains.......I used to buy ground beef at a wholesale club. One day I saw this big bag on sale.. it looked old & brownish I asked the guy whats up....he said they use it for Donairs.........Nope not me...lol......I'm not big on mystery meat but its a real big deal here. I was told the best time for them is after the bars close and you get the biggest sloppiest Donair you can find with extra grease......mmmmmmmm

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

LOL out of all the shops I no its made with ground beef/ hamburger, the sauce usually consists of sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk vinegar, garlic powder,
Have you had any yet? you can get a donair or some places sell whats called a bubba sub. but it comes a few different ways.

kevinfever

kevinfever

lol thanks for the tip , also moving out east i did not realize the energy cost out here , holy shit housing cheap but you cant eat or heat and now you cant drive unless your rich . After my first power bill came in i was afraid to run my light then came the propane bill . Plus propane Moncton sent out e-mail January saying only homes using propane as main heat source will be getting it due to supply issues . I just turned my light on yester day popped some autos .

kevinfever

kevinfever

LOL out of all the shops I no its made with ground beef/ hamburger, the sauce usually consists of sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk vinegar, garlic powder,
Have you had any yet? you can get a donair or some places sell whats called a bubba sub. but it comes a few different ways.
yes it comes with every pizza i buy lol , but I'm not a huge fan maybe it needs to come from a better pizza joint

kevinfever

kevinfever

yes it comes with every pizza i buy lol , but I'm not a huge fan maybe it needs to come from a better pizza joint
my wife had some kind of meat sandwich thing , we don't eat out a lot tho due to well who can eat out any more unless your single making $20 an hour.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

lol thanks for the tip , also moving out east i did not realize the energy cost out here , holy shit housing cheap but you cant eat or heat and now you cant drive unless your rich . After my first power bill came in i was afraid to run my light then came the propane bill . Plus propane Moncton sent out e-mail January saying only homes using propane as main heat source will be getting it due to supply issues . I just turned my light on yester day popped some autos .
yeah a lot of people thought moving this way so much cheaper, Housing is cheap compared to ont. que and bc etc. but in reality not cheap any longer over the last few years housing has doubled in price from everyone moving here, outhouses are now selling 300k, the locals/ my kids will never be able to buy a house here at this rate, and on top of that it drove up everyone property tax. but the housing bubble will burst, our economy on the east coast can't handle it, So all these people that spent way above market value for these houses is going to lose a lot of money, they just don't know it yet, besides higher energy cost, food cost , living costs were also the highest taxed in canada lol

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I know that it has ground beef in it but they also add the kitchen sink to it before they form it mold it and put it on their spit to cook . They smell & taste great don't get me wrong I like them but I think you need to be born here and know the difference between good and bad and get over the ingredients.

I'll bet Dr.G55 you like Dulse & or Solomon Gundy too.........come on admit it you a local boy yous must like that horrid stuff too....😂😂

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I know that it has ground beef in it but they also add the kitchen sink to it before they form it mold it and put it on their spit to cook . They smell & taste great don't get me wrong I like them but I think you need to be born here and know the difference between good and bad and get over the ingredients.

I'll bet Dr.G55 you like Dulse & or Solomon Gundy too.........come on admit it you a local boy yous must like that horrid stuff too....😂😂
I knew some of the people that made donair meat at some of the shops, KOD etc and it was all straight beef burger, now not saying that other places don't use extra stuff they every well may. I know the stuff you buy in the grocery stores that has different texture.

Dulse no way lol that ain't happening, Solomon Gundy , well if its a good Solomon Gundy I can eat some a couple times a year lol but its really just salted pickled herring. but I can eat a lot of fish in general from fresh to salted and smoked.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I knew some of the people that made donair meat at some of the shops, KOD etc and it was all straight beef burger, now not saying that other places don't use extra stuff they every well may. I know the stuff you buy in the grocery stores that has different texture.

Dulse no way lol that ain't happening, Solomon Gundy , well if its a good Solomon Gundy I can eat some a couple times a year lol but its really just salted pickled herring. but I can eat a lot of fish in general from fresh to salted and smoked.
My wife can eat a bag of Dulse at a time. 1 little sliver makes me quiver lol No way on either of them for me....I'm a BC boy originally and those are most definitely acquired tastes.

kevinfever

kevinfever

yeah a lot of people thought moving this way so much cheaper, Housing is cheap compared to ont. que and bc etc. but in reality not cheap any longer over the last few years housing has doubled in price from everyone moving here, outhouses are now selling 300k, the locals/ my kids will never be able to buy a house here at this rate, and on top of that it drove up everyone property tax. but the housing bubble will burst, our economy on the east coast can't handle it, So all these people that spent way above market value for these houses is going to lose a lot of money, they just don't know it yet, besides higher energy cost, food cost , living costs were also the highest taxed in canada lol
when i was just looking now electricity is cheaper here , but for me in Ontario i had natural gas and it was cheap for heating . now its all base board heat unless you have propane but im on the bottom of the list for propane and it is not cheap any way . And sorry to contribute to the problem but i felt the same in Ont. my house went from $150 000 to $450 000 over the last few years thing were getting out of control i dont know how some one justified buying my old property at that price and to know they will lose all that value at any moment . But im debt free and have much larger property to pass on to my kids now , that i could not think of before. You cant control the system or be mad about it you just have to know how to use it to your advantage and get on top . but your right they system is progressing in a negative down ward spiral and now all i have to do is fight this never ending inflation . At least gas went down to $1.60 lol funny not funny

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
when i was just looking now electricity is cheaper here , but for me in Ontario i had natural gas and it was cheap for heating . now its all base board heat unless you have propane but im on the bottom of the list for propane and it is not cheap any way . And sorry to contribute to the problem but i felt the same in Ont. my house went from $150 000 to $450 000 over the last few years thing were getting out of control i dont know how some one justified buying my old property at that price and to know they will lose all that value at any moment . But im debt free and have much larger property to pass on to my kids now , that i could not think of before. You cant control the system or be mad about it you just have to know how to use it to your advantage and get on top . but your right they system is progressing in a negative down ward spiral and now all i have to do is fight this never ending inflation . At least gas went down to $1.60 lol funny not funny
I looked at your pics, you have a good handle on this grow thing by the looks of it. I doubt you'll be able to have the same success outdoors here though....Too damp in Oct to finish them.....well for me here on the Atlantic Coast.....Moncton is 3hrs drive north from me and you get much more severe weather than we do, cold wise . I get cold & damp wet in Oct and I haven't had much luck outside with bud rot, powdery mildew and days of fog that don't allow damp buds to dry off.

Location,location location someone 20 miles from me might have drier weather.....Are you planning an out door crop this year?

kevinfever

kevinfever

I looked at your pics, you have a good handle on this grow thing by the looks of it. I doubt you'll be able to have the same success outdoors here though....Too damp in Oct to finish them.....well for me here on the Atlantic Coast.....Moncton is 3hrs drive north from me and you get much more severe weather than we do, cold wise . I get cold & damp wet in Oct and I haven't had much luck outside with bud rot, powdery mildew and days of fog that don't allow damp buds to dry off.

Location,location location someone 20 miles from me might have drier weather.....Are you planning an out door crop this year?Well i have a green house

Top Bottom