PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looks like you got em turned around ! Looking good up there ! Fuck them bugs !
Ya the 2 heavy doses of neem oil did the trick. I can still smell the oil almost 3 weeks from the last treatment. It killed the hatching eggs as well. I've seen people here say neem oil doesn't work very well but if you use enough of it it kills them dead on contact. I've been checking daily and I've not found 1 alive or there poop & eggs yet.

sambapati

sambapati

Ya the 2 heavy doses of neem oil did the trick. I can still smell the oil almost 3 weeks from the last treatment. It killed the hatching eggs as well. I've seen people here say neem oil doesn't work very well but if you use enough of it it kills them dead on contact. I've been checking daily and I've not found 1 alive or there poop & eggs yet.
Praise the Lord dem bugs is gone. I had very good experience with Neem did the job for several weeks. Then some other bugs came and they got the hot chili/peppermint/menthol treatment. Just spraying the dirt, not the plant at all.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

I've had my lights on 24 hrs a day, when I took my cuttings something in my grey matter said they probably shouldn't get 24 hrs light for the first few days so I cut it back to 18/6. After 3 days now I turned them back on 24. I like the small amount of heat the lights give off, it keeps the veg. room around 75f. and gives off that warm humid vegging smell I like when I open the space up,

I know there's debate over 18/ 6 & 24 hrs and which is better but other than a few extra bucks a month I see bigger and faster growth on 24 hrs than on 18/6.

I use 4 -4ft t-8's 32w each & 1 4ft 50w t-5 + 1- 25w fan + recently added another 25w fan =
228 w x24 = 5472 w day x 30 days =164160 watts / 1000 = 164.16 kw x .15 ( price per kw) = $24.62 per month +tax
228 w x18 = 4104 w /day x 30 days =123120 watts / 1000 = 123.12 kw x .15 ( price per kw) = $18.46 per month + tax a difference of $6.16 + our 15% tax.

Less than 1 pint of beer in the pub. I believe our KW charge of .$15/ kw is one of the priciest in the country. With all that said unless I find another reason other than a couple of bucks per month I'll keep lights on 24/7 and skip the beer at the pub.
i with you on that call

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 3rd update....week 3 I think for my indoor out of control monsters. First feed with Kool Bloom 5 ml per gallon and I'm going to up it to 10ml next week. It seems to give me harder & thicker buds. It could just be another brain fart but I use it for a few weeks any ways.
Speaking of Brain Farts I joined a gym. 68 yrs old 275lb 5.6. I've dropped 40lb since June just by working hard through the day. Now I'm on a 1500 calorie a day diet and burning a lot of that at the gym.

I'm week as a puppy but I feel strong because of the weight loss. I've been athletic all my life until a motor cycle accident at 43 and then my hips went out at 50. I put on 130+ lbs and I was resigned to a life as a cripple living in my recliner walking with 2 canes maybe 30 ft in a day max wheel chair anymore than that.

Then I got new hips, so there I was a 300lb ( I'd dropped a few before surgery) and atrophied 63 year old sitting in a chair with new hips. Its taken 5 years to get to this point but I'm now in the head space to get rid of it all. Thanks to my main motivator....pot, I can fixate on losing this shit by New Years....75 lb in 4 months or less.

So If I can lose 40lbs just by working hard I should be able to lose the rest with hard workouts and a diet I'm comfortable with. Along with the daily chores and walking my cat. I should be able to look like an Old Arnie in no time. Senior Olympics here I come lol.
On with the photos'

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sept 3rd update....week 3 I think for my indoor out of control monsters. First feed with Kool Bloom 5 ml per gallon and I'm going to up it to 10ml next week. It seems to give me harder & thicker buds. It could just be another brain fart but I use it for a few weeks any ways.
Speaking of Brain Farts I joined a gym. 68 yrs old 275lb 5.6. I've dropped 40lb since June just by working hard through the day. Now I'm on a 1500 calorie a day diet and burning a lot of that at the gym.

I'm week as a puppy but I feel strong because of the weight loss. I've been athletic all my life until a motor cycle accident at 43 and then my hips went out at 50. I put on 130+ lbs and I was resigned to a life as a cripple living in my recliner walking with 2 canes maybe 30 ft in a day max wheel chair anymore than that.

Then I got new hips, so there I was a 300lb ( I'd dropped a few before surgery) and atrophied 63 year old sitting in a chair with new hips. Its taken 5 years to get to this point but I'm now in the head space to get rid of it all. Thanks to my main motivator....pot, I can fixate on losing this shit by New Years....75 lb in 4 months or less.

So If I can lose 40lbs just by working hard I should be able to lose the rest with hard workouts and a diet I'm comfortable with. Along with the daily chores and walking my cat. I should be able to look like an Old Arnie in no time. Senior Olympics here I come lol.
On with the photos'

Congrats on your fitness. I am in the first stages of losing mine from my disc problems this year.

And wow look at all those super cropped branches budding up! Whew!

sambapati

sambapati

On with the photos'
💯💯💯🖖🖖🖖Respect the dedication

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Congrats on your fitness. I am in the first stages of losing mine from my disc problems this year.

And wow look at all those super cropped branches budding up! Whew!
Ya its quite a mess, 1 Branch I bent over died. A nice foot long just didn't perk back up after I bent it over. No break in the stalk and it looks fine but it looks like its not getting water by the drooping leaves after about 1 week now. It would just help fill the circle of buds I have.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice, keep up the good work. Looks like things are turning the corner...best to you to succeed!
Thanks, Big workout today & yesterday helped me dropped 3 lbs over 3 days from 275 - 272 I'm real happy with that. A day off the bike & machines tomorrow but back at it on Sunday. Muscles and back sore after 2 hard workouts, I don't want to injure or cramp myself up by too much too quick, When I started today I was hurting on the bike and said to myself just 1 mile and I'll quit today, when I got to 1 mile in 8 minutes I pushed through to get the second mile done by 15 minutes and I'd forgotten about my aches and pains. Then I went on to 10 different weight machines to do 3 reps of 12 on each machine. I'm hurting again lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, Big workout today & yesterday helped me dropped 3 lbs over 3 days from 275 - 272 I'm real happy with that. A day off the bike & machines tomorrow but back at it on Sunday. Muscles and back sore after 2 hard workouts, I don't want to injure or cramp myself up by too much too quick, When I started today I was hurting on the bike and said to myself just 1 mile and I'll quit today, when I got to 1 mile in 8 minutes I pushed through to get the second mile done by 15 minutes and I'd forgotten about my aches and pains. Then I went on to 10 different weight machines to do 3 reps of 12 on each machine. I'm hurting again lol
Sept 5 Green house grow. the plants on the left I didn't mean to turn they look like they flipped mid Aug. I still may bring a couple / 3 of the smaller ones in and reveg them just for fun. There are some Sweet Tooth, Grand Daddy Purple, Chocolope , Afghan Skunk & Chem Dog in there somewhere. I've lost track of which is which, I can Identify a couple but the rest will have to go another few weeks before I'll be able to distinguish one from another.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 5 Green house grow. the plants on the left I didn't mean to turn they look like they flipped mid Aug. I still may bring a couple / 3 of the smaller ones in and reveg them just for fun. There are some Sweet Tooth, Grand Daddy Purple, Chocolope , Afghan Skunk & Chem Dog in there somewhere. I've lost track of which is which, I can Identify a couple but the rest will have to go another few weeks before I'll be able to distinguish one from another.
Funny story, Yesterday some mook posted on a thread he was getting his cat stoned. Not too many supporters of that practice and I think he got the boot. We all agree you shouldn't give recreational drugs to your pets. Okay in my smoking room with a window out the back of our home and I'm puffing on my bong when I see a quick bird dart past the window up real close. So no big deal I blow out another puff and it fly's through the cloud. I could tell what kind of bird it was because it was so fast, another puff and it did it again so I called my wife in to see and I blew out another puff and it hovered in the cloud for a moment, ah a humming bird and my wife says. " you got the humming bird stoned " No not me it was the bird it flew through my cloud. She says well somethings up humming birds don't fly like that. Oh no I stoned a humming bird. Please don't ban me or report me it was a error in the birds judgement not mine.😄😄

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Funny story, Yesterday some mook posted on a thread he was getting his cat stoned. Not too many supporters of that practice and I think he got the boot. We all agree you shouldn't give recreational drugs to your pets. Okay in my smoking room with a window out the back of our home and I'm puffing on my bong when I see a quick bird dart past the window up real close. So no big deal I blow out another puff and it fly's through the cloud. I could tell what kind of bird it was because it was so fast, another puff and it did it again so I called my wife in to see and I blew out another puff and it hovered in the cloud for a moment, ah a humming bird and my wife says. " you got the humming bird stoned " No not me it was the bird it flew through my cloud. She says well somethings up humming birds don't fly like that. Oh no I stoned a humming bird. Please don't ban me or report me it was a error in the birds judgement not mine.😄😄
Sept 11 update 264 this morning, double work out at gym today -11lb in 8 days after joining the gym.

Edited me in bush
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 11 update 264 this morning, double work out at gym today -11lb in 8 days after joining the gym.
Sept 18 update, In my little Green house , Cold nights are making it hard to go through the water. 10 days between watering means they're not getting fed enough. Warm days help a bit but it's dropping to 7 c about ( 42f ) tonight. At 5 weeks I'd like to have seen more bud development than they have. Oh well they don't look like the cold has effected them too much other than being a bit small, all look healthy and showing some fall colours.

Indoors is coming along much better a bit of fox tailing on the plants closest to the light but the rest are coming along fine at 5 weeks or so into flower for plants that are almost 7 months old . Somewhere in here are 2 Sweet Tooth, 2 Grand Daddy Purple and 2 Chocolope.

Hopefully this will be my years supply and I can cut back on my power consumption to appease my wife. I hate breaking the bank to pay for my meds and with fans, lights, dehumidifiers / humidifiers running just about 24/7 at 15.9 cents per kwh + 15% tax our bills get to be too much for a perpetual grow and I have to cut back.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sept 18 update, In my little Green house , Cold nights are making it hard to go through the water. 10 days between watering means they're not getting fed enough. Warm days help a bit but it's dropping to 7 c about ( 42f ) tonight. At 5 weeks I'd like to have seen more bud development than they have. Oh well they don't look like the cold has effected them too much other than being a bit small, all look healthy and showing some fall colours.

Indoors is coming along much better a bit of fox tailing on the plants closest to the light but the rest are coming along fine at 5 weeks or so into flower for plants that are almost 7 months old . Somewhere in here are 2 Sweet Tooth, 2 Grand Daddy Purple and 2 Chocolope.

Hopefully this will be my years supply and I can cut back on my power consumption to appease my wife. I hate breaking the bank to pay for my meds and with fans, lights, dehumidifiers / humidifiers running just about 24/7 at 15.9 cents per kwh + 15% tax our bills get to be too much for a perpetual grow and I have to cut back.

Looks like you should have plenty.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looks like you should have plenty.
Oct 11 Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I had to cut and hang all outdoor plants. 4 days of fog and cold weather set powdery mildew on all the leaves and the beginning of bud rot on a couple of buds. That was it I wasn't going to lose this crop so they all got trimmed very closely and washed with peroxide, then lemon juice and baking soda then rinsed off well with cold water in the 3rd bucket.

They were cut 1-2 weeks early so after drying it this week and trying it I think it will mostly go to bubble hash. Its filler at best, the taste is still green and a light buzz so nothing to impress any one with......80% done at best.

Now my basement grow is spectacular ( for me anyways) 9 weeks today. The 2 Chocolope still isn't ready but the Grand Daddy Purples and the Sweet Tooth's can get cut now. I had 2 Afghan Skunk I didn't have any room for that I abused and let sit in solo cups for about 6 weeks. Under watered and under fed I finely transplanted them into larger pots and I put them outside. When I noticed PM on the leaves I quickly brought them into my basement and squeezed them under my hps. I had to trim off most of the leaves bud these little plants turned out rather nicely...They're still not ready, looks like another week at least.

After taking a close up pic of the Afghan I still see the PM on the leaves. They're going to get cut & washed asap, I don't want it spreading to the Chocolope before they're done.

010 2
Me in garden
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oct 11 Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I had to cut and hang all outdoor plants. 4 days of fog and cold weather set powdery mildew on all the leaves and the beginning of bud rot on a couple of buds. That was it I wasn't going to lose this crop so they all got trimmed very closely and washed with peroxide, then lemon juice and baking soda then rinsed off well with cold water in the 3rd bucket.

They were cut 1-2 weeks early so after drying it this week and trying it I think it will mostly go to bubble hash. Its filler at best, the taste is still green and a light buzz so nothing to impress any one with......80% done at best.

Now my basement grow is spectacular ( for me anyways) 9 weeks today. The 2 Chocolope still isn't ready but the Grand Daddy Purples and the Sweet Tooth's can get cut now. I had 2 Afghan Skunk I didn't have any room for that I abused and let sit in solo cups for about 6 weeks. Under watered and under fed I finely transplanted them into larger pots and I put them outside. When I noticed PM on the leaves I quickly brought them into my basement and squeezed them under my hps. I had to trim off most of the leaves bud these little plants turned out rather nicely...They're still not ready, looks like another week at least.

After taking a close up pic of the Afghan I still see the PM on the leaves. They're going to get cut & washed asap, I don't want it spreading to the Chocolope before they're done.
Oct 31....Busy as heck these days, I'm working out 4-5 days a week in the gym and with my projects and jobs taking up the rest of my time I've no time for my computer.

I've harvested and dried this crop & seeing as I lost track of what was what I've mixed it all together. I 've no idea about weight but 4 large ( pickled egg ) jars full. It is my years supply................the year ends in 2 more months, I better get some seeds in the ground soon.

Some real nice buds,,,,,,,Chocolope, Grand Daddy Purple , Sweet Tooth & 2 Afghan Skunk. 1 box full ready to wash from GDP? and 1 ( I think Chocolope) ready to be cut & trimmed

Bud 2
Bud1
Top Bottom