PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Even with your troubles sounds like you did ok !
Yes a good crop this time even after bugs,high humidity,temps& even some powdery mildew at the end but it all washed up nicely and smokes fine. Its not the most couch locking bud I've smoked but it does the job. It's the first time in a couple of years I don't have anything growing now......Nov 1.......time to get some seeds popping.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes a good crop this time even after bugs,high humidity,temps& even some powdery mildew at the end but it all washed up nicely and smokes fine. Its not the most couch locking bud I've smoked but it does the job. It's the first time in a couple of years I don't have anything growing now......Nov 1.......time to get some seeds popping.
Glad things are working out and that you're feeling better!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Glad things are working out and that you're feeling better!
Ya I'm feeling great! The best year I've had in over 20 years. I'm down to 255 I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week, I've been riding 13miles in 1 hour on a stationary bike then an hour on the weights. I missed my 50's with no hips and being on heavy pain meds. Now at 68 I feel like I'm just a slow 50 year old with an old mans hair line. I'll probably need a new left knee soon to go with my new hips. I'll be a 70 year old bionic man with Schwarzenegger sized muscles...lol............in another universe maybe.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ya I'm feeling great! The best year I've had in over 20 years. I'm down to 255 I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week, I've been riding 13miles in 1 hour on a stationary bike then an hour on the weights. I missed my 50's with no hips and being on heavy pain meds. Now at 68 I feel like I'm just a slow 50 year old with an old mans hair line. I'll probably need a new left knee soon to go with my new hips. I'll be a 70 year old bionic man with Schwarzenegger sized muscles...lol............in another universe maybe.

Thats awesome to hear! Glad to see you still on here, i havent seen much of you on here since i got back from Mexico lol. I must be hangin in different threads and havent seen yours pop up in a while. This site is weird like that. I feel sometimes like there is multiple groups here who dont overlap often lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thats awesome to hear! Glad to see you still on here, i havent seen much of you on here since i got back from Mexico lol. I must be hangin in different threads and havent seen yours pop up in a while. This site is weird like that. I feel sometimes like there is multiple groups here who dont overlap often lol.
I've been very busy, not spending much time on here at all. I just started up a new batch of Auto's ( my first attempt with them ) I have 18 started. With a perpetual grow going I had too much work to keep it all healthy and I ended up neglecting them so I had to take a breather after harvest and refresh my enthusiasm. I'm back. Winter growing is better for me none of the outdoor work to distract me.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've been very busy, not spending much time on here at all. I just started up a new batch of Auto's ( my first attempt with them ) I have 18 started. With a perpetual grow going I had too much work to keep it all healthy and I ended up neglecting them so I had to take a breather after harvest and refresh my enthusiasm. I'm back. Winter growing is better for me none of the outdoor work to distract me.
WB..! Good to see you're well!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
WB..! Good to see you're well!
Dec 4 New batch of Auto's going I have 18 a mix of Skunk Potion & Haze Potion. I've never tried the auto's before I'm not sure what kind of volume I'll get from these little plants but I guess I'll find out.
Right now they're in my light box with a 75w led but I'll soon be transplanting and putting them under t5's until they turn then onto my 1000w hps to flower. Its going to be an expensive couple of months running my flower room 18hrs a day. 12 hrs = 100/month so that means $150 / month with auto's....wife is going to freak when the bi-monthly bill comes in....

100 4946
100 4947
100 4944
sambapati

sambapati

Dec 4 New batch of Auto's going I have 18 a mix of Skunk Potion & Haze Potion. I've never tried the auto's before I'm not sure what kind of volume I'll get from these little plants but I guess I'll find out.
Right now they're in my light box with a 75w led but I'll soon be transplanting and putting them under t5's until they turn then onto my 1000w hps to flower. Its going to be an expensive couple of months running my flower room 18hrs a day. 12 hrs = 100/month so that means $150 / month with auto's....wife is going to freak when the bi-monthly bill comes in....
I just pay the bill and dont show the wife...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Good to see you back in the saddle. I haven't done much since the summer and I found that the last bunch of purchased seeds were not viable. Suddenly a mad scramble ensues to find something to replace them. I swore I wasn't going to use clones again after my supplier gave me a free set of spider mites with every clone. Anyhow, thats my big news. Last year at this time I was on life support and not expected to live. Ta-Daaaaa!! I'm still here and looking for new seeds as well as a kidney. Getting tested for a transplant is WAY more work than what I remember going thru, although I don't remember a lot of the early days.
Keep up the good work!

sambapati

sambapati

Good to see you back in the saddle. I haven't done much since the summer and I found that the last bunch of purchased seeds were not viable. Suddenly a mad scramble ensues to find something to replace them. I swore I wasn't going to use clones again after my supplier gave me a free set of spider mites with every clone. Anyhow, thats my big news. Last year at this time I was on life support and not expected to live. Ta-Daaaaa!! I'm still here and looking for new seeds as well as a kidney. Getting tested for a transplant is WAY more work than what I remember going thru, although I don't remember a lot of the early days.
Keep up the good work!
Good 2 hear Jimster you r Not Fade Away...so many good folks lost to Dos Eqee virus

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wow Balls ! lol I was not expecting this today, I got balls on 3 of my mini plants for Christmas. WTF they are just 1 month from seed. I dropped these into a cup of water on Nov 24 and they've turned by Dec 25? lol Baby plants.

100 4993
100 4994
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wow Balls ! lol I was not expecting this today, I got balls on 3 of my mini plants for Christmas. WTF they are just 1 month from seed. I dropped these into a cup of water on Nov 24 and they've turned by Dec 25? lol Baby plants.
3 out of 19 isn't bad though.I'm not sure if any others will show balls, I have a split of 9 of one strain and 9 of another but they're mixed up I don't know which is which so it may only be one strain showing early. It looks like they've been there for a while as a couple of flowers are open. I'm going to get some seeds lol. I just wasn't ready and I wasn't looking for them yet. I was just ogling over them this am and a WTF moment happened. lol like a Christmas morning suprise / Boxing day shocker.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

3 out of 19 isn't bad though.I'm not sure if any others will show balls, I have a split of 9 of one strain and 9 of another but they're mixed up I don't know which is which so it may only be one strain showing early. It looks like they've been there for a while as a couple of flowers are open. I'm going to get some seeds lol. I just wasn't ready and I wasn't looking for them yet. I was just ogling over them this am and a WTF moment happened. lol like a Christmas morning suprise / Boxing day shocker.
Oh man I don't even want to say happy boxing day now😕 sorry for the bad luck!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Any showing female flowers yet? Hopefully some will begin to flower soon , hopefully those will be the only balls ya find

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Any showing female flowers yet? Hopefully some will begin to flower soon , hopefully those will be the only balls ya find
Hi, yes there are some showing as fem. I was just surprised to see them show this fast. They're all transplanted up now and under the hps light.

I just received a couple of Gorilla clones (photo's ) I'll let them veg until March and start pulling a few cuttings of them before I flip them.
I'm going to have to remodel some to fit flowering and vegging in this new room but I love the added head room I have now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Update Jan 10 2021
The plants have taken off after putting them under the HPS light. I started them on for 18hrs under 6 - 4 ft t5's . At 1 month I put them under my 1000w @ 60% for a week on 18hrs. I noticed 3 plants show male parts and removed them from the room.

I have 1 plant / 4 in the same pot that were female until yesterday when one popped balls out almost right in front of me. one min fem...the next male ...well 3 out of 4 aint bad..

I transplanted the rest into the largest pots I had then turned the ballast to 100% after a couple of days and watched them go. I turned them to 12/12 this week & yesterday I turned the ballast up to 110% on this year old Hortilux tube.

I've not fed them much because they're so young but I've gradually got them up to full feed and I just added Kool Bloom to the mix I had just got them up to 5ml/5ml/5ml Micro/Grow Bloom / gal cdn and this week I fed them 5/5/10/5 Micro,Grow,Bloom Kool Bloom

I have 2 Gorilla girls I got as clones at Christmas so I needed another space to keep them in veg seeing as my other den has been dismantled and turned into kitty land for the winter.

I built a 5ft x 3ft x 4.5ft enclosure on top of a work bench in my work shop with panda plastic panels and my 6 tube t5 fixture. It took me about 5 high hrs to make up the frames and install them with the light. I need it to be light tight so I overlapped the panda plastic by 2 " all around it to make sure no light gets out. I used hot glue to seal the edges all around. I then closed its door to seal it up and turned off the lights in my shop to see how light tight it was. lol

It was like a Christmas tree with light glowing everywhere through multiple holes & cracks I never saw and my crappy carpentry fitted panels. I had a lot more work to do. lol

It took me 5 more high hours to seal it up tight. lots of duct tape, hot glue and black plastic Now it needs air flow. lol I intend on 2 - 12 volt computer fans one sucking in and one blowing out on a timer if necessary.

Strawberry Cheese, Critical Cheese, Skunk Potion, Haze Potion, & 2 Gorilla Bomb, new grow closet & GB & the rest

100 5003
100 5006
100 5019
100 5023
100 5029
100 5034
100 5014
100 5012
100 5026
Top Bottom