Pissing Or Saving Your Piss For Your Garden, Lets Discuss.

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
shaganja

shaganja

I was very surprised with The Martian, I enjoyed it HUGELY.

That's not how we do it, and you've been deeply aculturated, that's why the idea is blowing your mind. :)

I'm sure men can do differently, but I pee into a cup or a bucket, and go from there. I don't just pee *on* the plants. I can change the thread title if it helps.

If you don't store the urine there won't be smell. The smell occurs when the ammonia present begins to evaporate into the air (Oh, look daddy! There's all that nitrogen, offgassing into the air!). If you need to store it, a covered container works well.

Yes, it's an excellent source of N. How much is too much? Enough to burn. The answer really depends on the quality of your urine. If you're like me and drink a lot of water daily and thus your urine is very dilute, you're going to probably have a hard time overdoing it. If yours is highly concentrated then it should be diluted, starting at around 5:1 (I know, many if not most suggest 10:1 but I've never been able to actually *feed* a hungry plant diluting at that ratio, even using other people's urine).

Never urinate directly on the plants. Urinate into a container and then use. I use it in my aquaponics system, but it's a 1,500gal system so I can't even come close to producing too much. Even when we were getting 'donations' from the neighbors we couldn't get the NH3 levels up.
I'm a coffee drinker. All day long. All night, till bedtime. So I use coffee grinds in my worm towers, for the nitrogen. Does coffee itself make urine even more nitrogen rich?

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
So who all does it? I know @Seamaiden does ;) strange gurl that one eh ;) *Jokes*

Ok seriously tho who else is mining this golden fountain of fertilizer?

What all nutrients does it provide the soil? Are they slow release? What benefits do you feel pissing or adding the piss to your garden has had?

Is piss a good source for nitrogen?

How much piss is too much piss?

Does it HAVE to be diluted to add to a growing bed, Or can you just piss on the plants and call it a day?

More questions as i think of them ;)
Well buddy ifs i's was yous I would stay away from piss on plants. Not just cuz this super hot burn potential but also because the no good things it will probably add and at the end you can tell if your honest yep that's piss in my mouth. Humans are super toxic these days and even if it twer year 1 id still not want pee on my plants I'm a eat

growsince79

growsince79

So who all does it? I know @Seamaiden does ;) strange gurl that one eh ;) *Jokes*

What all nutrients does it provide the soil? Are they slow release? What benefits do you feel pissing or adding the piss to your garden has had?

Does it HAVE to be diluted to add to a growing bed, Or can you just piss on the plants and call it a day?

More questions as i think of them ;)
I

More questions as i think of them
Use it all the time in veg. The N is immediately available. I don't even buy veg food. 1 cup/ gal every other watering.

frebo

frebo

I dunno why people think its so weird, your waste water in the city ends up going to some big fertilizer company to sell it back to your mom as fucking miracle grow for god sakes :P
Being in the woods, I am always bring out Newt and irrigate the garden rather than walking back to the house. If this is disgusting to you don’t do it or do some RESEARCH and understand what is happening in the ground.

This book is a must read.

what happened to Seamaiden? I took a break from the farm, came back and Seamaiden and Cap are not here?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Being in the woods, I am always bring out Newt and irrigate the garden rather than walking back to the house. If this is disgusting to you don’t do it or do some RESEARCH and understand what is happening in the ground.

This book is a must read.

what happened to Seamaiden? I took a break from the farm, came back and Seamaiden and Cap are not here?

Seems she and a bunch of others made the trek over to IG after something that was above my paygrade went down..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Who wants a pissy smelling grow room?
We've evolved as growers. Man use to eat raw meat too, tried that lately?

Ever used Fish emulsion as a fertilizer? smells worse.. Plenty of organic nutes reek worse then pee..

Man still eats raw beef.. Beef Tartare .. slices of Kobe beef are eating raw..

Xhale

Xhale

I use the Bokashi system to ferment all my kitchen waste. the waste collects in a bucket for 3-6 weeks, and sits with fermentation agents for another 2or3 weeks. then i dig a whole big hole in my garden and dump the bucket in. then after another few weeks (or even a month or 2) I dig a hole in that spot to transplant my babes in. i've done about 15-18 bucket loads since i started in Jan 2019. my soil is really terrible, and I do notice
- more worms when I dig around these sites
- my plants placed in the middel of the sites seems to do better.

what nobody knows (i.e. my circle who share my harvest) is that I regularly piss on the site where I deposit the kitchen waste :) :) :)

so, my hourly coffee grinds gets fermented, dug into the ground, then I piss on that several times a week for a few weeks 😈

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@Xhale why not just set up a vermicomposting bin and let the lil worm fuckers do it all for ya then save the urine for a liquid fertilizer for the plants when they need a boost ;)

Thats what i do anyway but i have a ton of waste like cardboard and paper that im putting thru my system now... Gotta lower that carbon foot print thanks to amazon! :O

Xhale

Xhale

@Xhale why not ... save the urine for a liquid fertilizer for the plants when they need a boost ;)

hi LilDab, the bokashi system gives my a cupor2 of “tea“ every month that I dilute as a nutrient boost for my pot plants. the Grounded plants that go In these dumpsites do not need anything else except water when the rain is low.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
hi LilDab, the bokashi system gives my a cupor2 of “tea“ every month that I dilute as a nutrient boost for my pot plants. the Grounded plants that go In these dumpsites do not need anything else except water when the rain is low.

I would bet a AACT made with worm castings and some mollasses would be even more beneficial in feeding the microbes in your soil too but hey if your system works run with it! Just thought i'd toss out the idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom