Pistils Turning Brown

• Thread starter Nijini
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nijini

Nijini

Are you still limited to visiting it once a week? Inspect her closely, if you see any signs of molding or rot, any brown buds, it's time to g ahead and take her.
I just got back from there and I think I will take her tomorrow as the forecast looks very bad and I could see that the trichomes on the biggest branches are changing very fast from clear to cloudy and more amber ones appearing. I think it is time. I will not take all the branches although. The plant has 24 and the main one on the top. I will take the big ones and leave the ones in which the trichomes are still clear there.
Is it ok to harvest when it is raining? I was thinking about harvesting and hang it to dry for some hours to remove the excess water from it before manicuring it, what do you think? Do you have a suggestion?
Another question I have is whether I have to wait for the buds to dry to make butter or can I make it as soon as I harvest? What should I do?
:speechless:

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Let the buds dry before making butter, the leaves dry enough in a few days if spread out on a screen but they dont make very potent butter. When the bud dries it transforms the stuff it is made of into usable thc, butter made with wet bud would be far less potent that that made of dry cured herb. I would hang it up in a large cardboard box or a dark closet for 10 to 14 days or just until the small stems start to snap and the outside feels dry and then manicure and trim it before putting it into jars or some type of sealed container for at least three weeks. Opening the jars once per day to smell and guage the dampness of the bud, leaving the jar open or taking buds out if it feels too moist or just reclosing it if they still look dry on the outside.

Wet product can be used in making butter but I dont recommend it, when you properly dry and cure bud, that is what makes it good. If you can get dry ice where you are there is a method of making keif with frozen wet trim or you can make bubble hash with wet trim but you would need bubble bags for both.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just got back from there and I think I will take her tomorrow as the forecast looks very bad and I could see that the trichomes on the biggest branches are changing very fast from clear to cloudy and more amber ones appearing. I think it is time. I will not take all the branches although. The plant has 24 and the main one on the top. I will take the big ones and leave the ones in which the trichomes are still clear there.
Is it ok to harvest when it is raining? I was thinking about harvesting and hang it to dry for some hours to remove the excess water from it before manicuring it, what do you think? Do you have a suggestion?
Another question I have is whether I have to wait for the buds to dry to make butter or can I make it as soon as I harvest? What should I do?
:speechless:
Yes, you can harvest while it's raining. It's a pain in the behind, but you can do it. Once you've gotten those branches, prior to hanging, give them a good shake. When you hang them, put a fan blowing nearby, even directly if necessary.

I'm not a good person to ask about how to make budder. What I've gone to is making what's called Rick Simpson Oil, using grain alcohol. I pack the buds (or trim if you prefer) into a glass Mason jar, then I cover with the alcohol, then it's put aside for at least a month. Turn it over and spin every once in a while to make sure that those trichomes are being dissolved by the alcohol. If they're not completely dissolved by the time you go to make the oil, then you can do another extraction using fresh alcohol.

When I'm ready to make the oil, I strain the alcohol from the buds into a rice cooker. It's put on cook and I let it go until all the booze has cooked off. As you near the end you want to watch it to prevent burning the oil.

Once that's done, you can use it in many ways. I add coconut oil, then honey, to make a kind of elixir. My husband uses it to help him sleep. I'm sure the oil could be used instead of budder, you'd just have to make the recipe and add some of the oil.

Nijini

Nijini

Yes, you can harvest while it's raining. It's a pain in the behind, but you can do it. Once you've gotten those branches, prior to hanging, give them a good shake. When you hang them, put a fan blowing nearby, even directly if necessary.

I'm not a good person to ask about how to make budder. What I've gone to is making what's called Rick Simpson Oil, using grain alcohol. I pack the buds (or trim if you prefer) into a glass Mason jar, then I cover with the alcohol, then it's put aside for at least a month. Turn it over and spin every once in a while to make sure that those trichomes are being dissolved by the alcohol. If they're not completely dissolved by the time you go to make the oil, then you can do another extraction using fresh alcohol.

When I'm ready to make the oil, I strain the alcohol from the buds into a rice cooker. It's put on cook and I let it go until all the booze has cooked off. As you near the end you want to watch it to prevent burning the oil.

Once that's done, you can use it in many ways. I add coconut oil, then honey, to make a kind of elixir. My husband uses it to help him sleep. I'm sure the oil could be used instead of budder, you'd just have to make the recipe and add some of the oil.
Did harvest about 9 days ago. I think I got fooled by the rain on the flowers when they were on the plant as they seemed heavy and thick. Now they´ve been hanging to dry for almost 10 days and they are so hollow and light. From almost 400 grams of flowers I now have less than 30 grams. Maybe it was too early. I left some branches with tiny flowers on the plant and went back there yesterday to take a look. The flowers I let are still growing and getting thicker but I believe they are on their last days as the forecast for the next week is some days with snow and temperatures below 32.
Anyway, I will just leave it there and see how far it goes before it starts to degrade. November has been raining and misty non stop everyday until now and probably mid next week.
The new flowers look cute though

Mico3
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I agree with sea, why did you only grow one plant?

Nijini

Nijini

You've got your first grow under your belt. :)
By the way, those last buds are still hanging there and we have had snow, frost, etc. One of the buds at the lower branches turned moldy and I had to take it out but the other ones still look good. The one portrayed above feels thicker and the trichomes are still clear. I will just leave it there. The little clone I had outside my window died.

Nijini

Nijini

haha! Are you planning a grow next year?
I am is I can get a hold on some seeds. I will be going to the Philippines in february and I´ve heard they have some nice stuff there. I´ll see if I can get a hold on some seeds or I will have to just hope this paraguayan will survive and go into second flowering stage; my friends from paraguay told me they do; I really have no idea.
Anyway I will prepare myself with some nuts, etc

Haoleninja86

Haoleninja86

It is difficult to find fertilizers here. I cannot even find good soil. It is a very secluded place and far away from civilization. The plant hasn't been sprayed with anything. It is growing completely naturally after I set it out.Pollination is not an option unless it is being pollinated by something different growing around the plant. I will try finding something when I go downtown. I will ry the flower shop, maybe they have something, although it is very unlikely that I do.
Can the plant due to colder temperatures think the winter has come?

Will keep you guys posted
You can make your own nitrogen bro. It's really really easy. All you have to do is go outside and get some grass trimmings like maybe a quarter cup worth and then put them in a mason jar filled up a half cup of water and then seal it and put it in the dark place. Leave it there for a couple days until it starts to stink and then strain out the grass and that liquid is pure nitrogen. But be careful with it you have to water it down because it'll burn the shit out of your plant. Take that nitrogen and mix it at two teaspoons per gallon of water. I don't know what it's like in China but in America we have chlorine in our water and we have to if we're not buying special water pour the tap water in containers and then leave it out for 24 hours so that the chlorine can dissipate out of it. Then after the 24 hours you pH it. Don't pH it before you let it sit out though.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Such an awesome thread. Thanks for reviving that one. That plant took a beating and survived some pretty treacherous conditions.
burnz

Top Bottom