Plants In Dark For 4 Days..

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seanesean

seanesean

I don't see how cutting the stalk like that would make any difference than putting in total darkness. The best way I have found is to turn your dehumidifier down to 30% and get temps down to about 50 to 60 and keep it in darkness for 24 to 36 hours. But I wouldn't recommend a totally dried out media.

H

hawkman

I don't see how cutting the stalk like that would make any difference than putting in total darkness. The best way I have found is to turn your dehumidifier down to 30% and get temps down to about 50 to 60 and keep it in darkness for 24 to 36 hours. But I wouldn't recommend a totally dried out media.
You cut thru the "xylem" and the "phloem" layers and it's the same as darktimes (reference World of Seeds)

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Replicating the Spring-fall cycle, its no mystery.

I'll never get growers who grow hundreds of plants and each one the same. Experimenting yields. You might learn passed the internet marketing bullshit, and find your plants true colors.

Tat2420

Tat2420

I've been growing indoors and out for 20 plus years. 17 very successful harvests. A few not so good...either way, I've never let my babies sit in 3 days total darkness before flip...seems like hype...heres my opinion why:
Cannibas is a photoperiod plant correct. Darkness more so than light...correct.
Ok that's defined...

At this point indoors your humidity levels should still be a little high from veg.
High humidity and darkness is a breeding ground for bacteria and molds. 72 hours...a lot can happen. Plain and simple. I do not see the light shock to be beneficial. I could be wrong please chime in respectfully.
But please don't tell me that the directions said so...just.send me.your money instead and I'll send you the secret formula...haha

I do however, at the end of my flowering increase the dark period to 18 hours dark the last 7 to 10 days providing my RH is low enough.

Don't know if it helps just what an old goat showed me years ago...this goat grew phenomenal weed. Illiterate as could be...barely write his own name. But his weed...in nearly 30 years of consumption I've never seen anything come close to this guys product.

Smerb

Smerb

I've been growing indoors and out for 20 plus years. 17 very successful harvests. A few not so good...either way, I've never let my babies sit in 3 days total darkness before flip...seems like hype...heres my opinion why:
Cannibas is a photoperiod plant correct. Darkness more so than light...correct.
Ok that's defined...

At this point indoors your humidity levels should still be a little high from veg.
High humidity and darkness is a breeding ground for bacteria and molds. 72 hours...a lot can happen. Plain and simple. I do not see the light shock to be beneficial. I could be wrong please chime in respectfully.
But please don't tell me that the directions said so...just.send me.your money instead and I'll send you the secret formula...haha

I do however, at the end of my flowering increase the dark period to 18 hours dark the last 7 to 10 days providing my RH is low enough.

Don't know if it helps just what an old goat showed me years ago...this goat grew phenomenal weed. Illiterate as could be...barely write his own name. But his weed...in nearly 30 years of consumption I've never seen anything come close to this guys product.
This thread is about setting your plants in the dark 24-48 hours after the plant was flushed and dried out. Then you leave the girls in the dark. When your ready to chop them down it will be 24-48 hours later. I personally don't set in dark before flip. Some may do it and it's probably what they like and they don't see the plants stress. It's up to you.

Junk

Junk

Disclaimer: I haven't been able to read this entire thread.

I think the difference more dark time might create is a consistent temp drop, pushing the plant to full senescence. If you have the ability to put the plant into senescence w/o an extending the dark period. I think the results would be identical.

There is a peak terpene time for harvest, but I don't' think extending the dark period beyond that is the direct cause of anything. Everything I've read that promotes the dark period appears anecdotal. Flush it completely, and drop the temps like they would be in the extended dark period and I have a hard time believing there would be a discernible difference.

All imo and with respect.

Smerb

Smerb

Disclaimer: I haven't been able to read this entire thread.

I think the difference more dark time might create is a consistent temp drop, pushing the plant to full senescence. If you have the ability to put the plant into senescence w/o an extending the dark period. I think the results would be identical.

There is a peak terpene time for harvest, but I don't' think extending the dark period beyond that is the direct cause of anything. Everything I've read that promotes the dark period appears anecdotal. Flush it completely, and drop the temps like they would be in the extended dark period and I have a hard time believing there would be a discernible difference.

All imo and with respect.
IMG 7707

H

hawkman

any more than 48 hr.s is too much. Generally 24 to 48 hours is the norm - if you leave longer it affect the plant in a negative way

Dunge

Dunge

Back in the 70's I used and internet forum much like this one to learn how to brew beer.
Much like then, I came across practices that defied logic, and sounded mystical.
I could often trace the tail to a hobbyist viewing a professional doing something, and then doing it themselves.

I propose that to a professional, running many rooms, and stacking trimming tasks with physical plant resources, might on occasion think, "room 6B is ready for harvest. Kill the lights and we will get to it in a few days."

This is observed, and turned into a "thing".

That's what I think is the origin story of "days in the dark".

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I'm looking for all info on this harvesting secret. Last harvest I had to leave my grow shut down for at least 4 days. I was just about to harvest but had unexpected guest. As soon as I got to them they were real heady, and very pretty, I just grabbed the stem and they snapped nicely. It seems as if this was some secret that I've never heard of. The pot blew people away. Please try this it won't be detrimental and let me know. Get high!

Last year due to weather and mold fears I ended up bringing my entire outdoor crop inside. It sat in the dark for a week, some a week and a half. Not total darkness but not much light. No nutrients and very little water. The end result was the most potent and best tasting outdoor I have ever grown. I did harvest some before they got moved inside, and I unfortunelty I didn’t separate so I can’t comment on the direct relationship other than to say, I did check them over daily still, and remember being shocked that they glistened more and more. I believe this has real science behind it when you start to really look at what’s happening.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Nothing. At least nothing when your environment is correct.

When you give your plants 2 days of dark and you see a large visible improvement, your growing conditions were stressed. Believe me, I grow awesomely dank cannabis and I see zero change when I give them dark for 2 days. Nice verification that I'm doing things correctly.

I've actually given a plant a month in the dark. THC still degraded, CBN levels still climbed from it, you could see the heavy amber trichome percentage was over 30%. 2-3 tokes would knock anyone out for hours, within 15 minutes of smoking it, completely ruined the cannabis for enjoyment, only good for folks who can't stand life and want to sleep through it.

Douglas

Hell I’ll take half a dozen tokes and then go compete

Latest posts

Top Bottom