Plants In Dark For 4 Days..

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

PLEASE!!
I can't see a plant having any difference in THC or Terpene profiles after only3 days. This is just my opinion, but other than stretching and possible water content variations, I can't see any hard data to support this. Claiming stress is a semi canni-legend, and 3 days isn't much of a stress to a plant. Plants don't "think" they are going to die and suddenly send a rush of everything they have to ward off the inevitable. They live to make seeds and have been selectively bred to keep trying despite not getting pollinated.
Does a 3 day absence of light affect the plant... Absolutely.
Does the 3 day absence of light increase the THC or Trichomes... Personally, I don't think so. That isn't to say I could be mistaken, but I can't see a scientific basis for this to happen in the time period mentioned. Sugars and other metabolic processes would be more affected than the more complex processes needed to make the stuff we like, IMO. I know we have some guys who are pretty spot on about the actual processes that lead to the triggers for increased Trichome and other parts of the plant... maybe someone will chime in that knows a lot more than my conjecture.
[/QU

Not so much increases of but darkness does help terpene and essential oils for that specific strain Know if you give your plant 24-48 hrs's of darkness this shorten flower time by 1 week

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Does nature go dark for extended periods of time before and during flowering? Give them what they want and you'll be happy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Who is this guy ?

He is a member that only appears from time to time to tell everyone how their weed is fake and sucks because of fertilizer and spews fake organic religious sounding bullshit with no links or science to back up his opinion.

A real forum ā€œexpertā€. And a pussy. I have challenged him to show his superior garden many times. But he just does this.

He actually liked my comment in this thread. I must have got one answer right according to @RippedTorn

pr3tti

pr3tti

I can't believe this "white ash" myth is STILL being propagated around cannabis forums in 2020. Tell me, no one has any doubt cigarettes have over 50,000 added chemicals. Every one of us have also seen cigarette ash is white as snow. Do you then conclude the tabacco was properly "flushed" with no left-over elements or chemicals? NO. "White ash" does NOT indicate a clean cannabis product AT ALL. ie. let's look at one simple element popular amongst growers--Magnesium, it burns pure white and leaves behind a pure-white substance called magnesium oxide.

The combustion process is complex and there are a huge range of variables that result in the colour of combustion by-products. ie. plant resin, oils, genetics. One simply cannot conclude that white ash = cleaner smoke with less elements/substances. Is your cigarette smoke clean?

Why is it that cannabis forums are so filled with misinformation and non-science? I wonder if it has to do with the all miracle hemp/organic/essential oils/cancer cure bullshit that seems to cling to cannabis culture? I loved Cheech and Chong but please stop propagating grandmother myths from the 1990's.

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

ever smoked herb that stayed black ash, or even worse, wont burn at all?

pr3tti

pr3tti

Yes I've smoked bud that burned black and smoked terrible.

But I've also smoked bud that burned black/grey and smoked like the best gas I've ever smoked.

And I've smoked bud that burned white that never even got me high.

What i'm saying is that the colour of ash alone doesn't really mean much, there's so much more to this than just white = good, black = bad.

I notice strains like gorilla glue almost never burn white because it's so resinous.

Srenots

Srenots

Yes I've smoked bud that burned black and smoked terrible.

But I've also smoked bud that burned black/grey and smoked like the best gas I've ever smoked.

And I've smoked bud that burned white that never even got me high.

What i'm saying is that the colour of ash alone doesn't really mean much, there's so much more to this than just white = good, black = bad.

I notice strains like gorilla glue almost never burn white because it's so resinous.

cool, but the GG4 always burns white here...guess its all in the style of growing... no1 is arguing, just life experiences ~

Srenots

Srenots

also, this thread is about plants in dark be4 chop, do u practice this method?

Reactions: PK1
Losdamost777

Losdamost777

Went 36 hours for the first time on my last GG4 grow few weeks back and there was most def a difference!! I got so many compliments on the smell and how sticky it was...currently have a Black Cherry in blackout as we speak and she was already crazy frosty n sticky before I started her blackout so I'm suuuuper excited!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Often the buds that burn black or with a lot of residue had insect problems. The bugs cause the buds to leak their sap which has sugar in it. As the sugar accumulates it stays sticky, but you know what happens to sugar when you burn it... it turns black and doesn't burn well at all. I have seen White Flies do this a few times and I'm sure spider mites/aphids are the same way. It has little to do with what the plant is fed and is more often a result of bug damage or some growth stimulatiors.

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

cool, but the GG4 always burns white here...guess its all in the style of growing... no1 is arguing, just life experiences ~
But you realize that you can grow GG4 with chems and what not. You probably just noticed the white ash cause you knew it was GG4 but you've probably smoked GG4 that resulted in black ash before. A lot of that more matters on how hot the weed is getting, how much the lighter burns it, etc. If you keep hitting a bowl it'll all turn white eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: PK1
Dankdawg

Dankdawg

For me a dark period before flower seems to make plants start to flower and produce buds earlier than without a dark period

Latest posts

Top Bottom