Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G gnome

G gnome

Ive had this 2ft t5 for about 12yrs haha....i just got around to replacing the original bulbs a few yrs ago. Ive always used it for cloning so never really gave a shit whether the bulbs were performing real well or not. I even ran this fixture over w my truck a lil bit haha

20180422 084700
Polar510

Polar510

Tell me what You guys think about this.
So I stopped using calimagic and I'm using epsom salt instead. I see no issues so far everything looks good. Usually I get purple stems If I don't use it.
Heres what I have concluded from this:
The excess calcium in the tap water was throwing off the Mag uptake. So now that I am pushing a little epsom and Not as much Cal the plants are able to uptake Mag more efficiently. Does this hypothesis sound possible to anyone or a load of horseshit?

Toaster79

Toaster79

So I stopped using calimagic and I'm using epsom salt instead. I see no issues so far everything looks good. Usually I get purple stems If I don't use it.
The excess calcium in the tap water was throwing off the Mag uptake. So now that I am pushing a little epsom and Not as much Cal the plants are able to uptake Mag more efficiently. Does this hypothesis sound possible to anyone or a load of horseshit?

I always used only Epsom no cal-mag since we have pretty hard water. Never had Ca-

stonestacker

stonestacker

You got it right. I'm just the opposite I need more calcium so I use more calcium nitrate. And less Epsom salts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom