Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

Royale Haze 2 days shy of 10 weeks

DSC 9933
DSC 9936

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Any ideas as to what to use for germination aside from a paper towel? Just realized I'm all out... and they need to come out of the water
A few years back, I always used a washcloth, works just fine. As long as you don't forget about them for a few days and get the taproot all tied up in the fibers! :cry:

The rule of thumb for any seed is plant 2x as deep as the seed is tall. So, if ur pot seed is 1/8"....plant it 1/4" deep
Exactly. I was thinking, 'damn, an inch deep!' I've had bad luck a few years back going too deep and they weren't down an inch either. Whatever, to each their own, if it works for you then, go for it!
Plants are looking great by the way brother, hope you're doing well!

MW7945

MW7945

A few years back, I always used a washcloth, works just fine. As long as you don't forget about them for a few days and get the taproot all tied up in the fibers! :cry:

Exactly. I was thinking, 'damn, an inch deep!' I've had bad luck a few years back going too deep and they weren't down an inch either. Whatever, to each their own, if it works for you then, go for it!
Plants are looking great by the way brother, hope you're doing well!

That's actually what I was kinda thinking, but yeah I was worried about it getting all messed up in there. Granted, I'm just looking for the tap root to come out, I know a lot of guys wait for that thing to look like a giant spermy before they put it in the dirt.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

plastic baggie
moist cotton balls
the end
There is sooooo many ways to do it.
Here’s the criteria...
Keep moist. Wait for tap root.
Any way you can achieve that it will work. I bet I can germinate a seed on a piece of wet cardboard.
But the easiest way for me is to drop in a shot glass of water for a day or so and drop them in the media. Whether they have a tap root or not. They will pop. If not they were unviable. IMO

Toaster79

Toaster79

Here’s the criteria...
Any way you can achieve that it will work. I bet I can germinate a seed on a piece of wet cardboard.
But the easiest way for me is to drop in a shot glass of water for a day or so and drop them in the media. Whether they have a tap root or not. They will pop. If not they were unviable. IMO

Same method here, except I wait for the tap root to show while in the shot glass and then move either to moist paper towel or medium.

No but I have to stretch an extra half inch to reach the new post button. Messes everything up. I think we all know where the seed search engine is at, don’t need it right in my face!

Actually you don't. Those buttons are on the very same spot as they were before. But that thing is fucking annoying nevertheless. If it was a forum search it would be much more appreciated.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Here’s the criteria...
I just remember seed germ experiment in 7th grade science class 25 years ago
we would wet cotton balls
put a seed inbetween them
place in a plastic baggie and put in the window sill
when the seed popped it would grow out of the cotton and we would burry the cotton ball with the root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom