Please help a novice in distress

• Thread starter IsanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

for a first grow you are crushing it !!! really nice frosty dense nugs there.
the early fade, it happens, next grow you know what to do to prevent it :-)
Don't bother with the early yellowing, they gonna smoke nicely after curing.
Cheers!

Cheers. You can take credit for some of this because of all the advice you've been giving me. I'll have to look at the trichomes first, but next week is the 7th week of flower and the 2 Hindu Kush plants are 7 week phenos so I'll probably chop them first and dry them before the Northern Lights plant.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Cheers. You can take credit for some of this because of all the advice you've been giving me. I'll have to look at the trichomes first, but next week is the 7th week of flower and the 2 Hindu Kush plants are 7 week phenos so I'll probably chop them first and dry them before the Northern Lights plant.
Check trichs cause they all seem to be willing to go to ~9 weeks. The last two weeks are the most important for quality and thc build up.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Check trichs cause they all seem to be willing to go to ~9 weeks. The last two weeks are the most important for quality and thc build up.

I can only go just over 8 weeks because I need to be out of this house on the 8th September and I need to leave myself enough time to dry properly. I was thinking that I could move them while they're drying if it comes to it but that would not be wise. I'll chop them around the 30th August and then that'll guarantee that I've got enough time to dry them before I transport them. In that case, when would I flush them?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I can only go just over 8 weeks because I need to be out of this house on the 8th September and I need to leave myself enough time to dry properly. I was thinking that I could move them while they're drying if it comes to it but that would not be wise. I'll chop them around the 30th August and then that'll guarantee that I've got enough time to dry them before I transport them. In that case, when would I flush them?
no need to flush just lower fertilizer concentration to half 2 weeks from harvest and last week give em only water+molasses 2x the normal water ammount, let em dry back and harvest.

but in your particular case for this run one week earlier harvest, just give them last week only water and molasses 2x the normal water ammount ~8L per pot.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

yoyoyo !!! @IsanFarmer

how's it going?
how's the girls looking my friend?

cheers!

This was taken this morning, just before I gave them all 8 litres of water with molasses. They dry back every 3 days so I'll do the same thing on Saturday and then I'm going to chop them next Tuesday which will be 8.5 weeks of flowering. I can't go any longer because of my circumstances. They look good and I'm going to pull some quality weed from them, especially the Hindu Kush plant on the left which has the best looking buds.

20230823 091326
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

This was taken this morning, just before I gave them all 8 litres of water with molasses. They dry back every 3 days so I'll do the same thing on Saturday and then I'm going to chop them next Tuesday which will be 8.5 weeks of flowering. I can't go any longer because of my circumstances. They look good and I'm going to pull some quality weed from them, especially the Hindu Kush plant on the left which has the best looking buds.
Helllll yeah brotha! Fatty fat juice nugs 🔥🔥🔥

Some nice color starting to show too!

Gonna fill up some nice jars to enjoy hehehe

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yes for a firat grow I am very pleased, I just wish I'd grown more plants. Oh well, I'm going to do 9 next time. I was going to keep the dried weed in Grove Bags instead of Mason jars. What do you think?
Just make sure they are properly dried and all good, grove bags are nice but they don't really control RH inside tho, if the herb is not properly dried it will mold in some days.
Research for drying and curing techniques.

You should be really proud of yourself, and much more confident for your next runs now ;-)

You gonna rock next grows, open a grow journal for the next endeavours!

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Just make sure they are properly dried and all good, grove bags are nice but they don't really control RH inside tho, if the herb is not properly dried it will mold in some days.

You should be really proud of yourself, and much more confident for your next runs now ;-)

I thought these Grove Bags controlled the RH perfectly and that was why they were so good? I've already bought some Grove Bags but I will experiment with Mason Jars too and I've bought some miniature hygrometers as well.

Yes, I don't want to blow my own trumpet too much but I am feeling proud about my plants and considering how much I've had going on with the construction of our house and moving into it, plus having to move my setup into a different room twice, I'm amazed I managed to nurture my plants as good as this.

The next grow will have my complete attention, in a room with a brand new AC unit, and in a house that belongs to me. I predict great things!

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I thought these Grove Bags controlled the RH perfectly and that was why they were so good? I've already bought some Grove Bags but I will experiment with Mason Jars too and I've bought some miniature hygrometers as well.

Yes, I don't want to blow my own trumpet too much but I am feeling proud about my plants and considering how much I've had going on with the construction of our house and moving into it, plus having to move my setup into a different room twice, I'm amazed I managed to nurture my plants as good as this.

The next grow will have my complete attention, in a room with a brand new AC unit, and in a house that belongs to me. I predict great things!
Nice grow , Isan, u made it .

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Nice grow , Isan, u made it .

Cheers mucker. 😉 The results of this grow are very encouraging and the most important thing is that I'm enjoying the process. The next grow will be 9 plants and if that goes well I'm buying another Mars Hydro FC-E4800 light and will double up to 18 plants.

coolslayer

coolslayer

If you want, take a look at this thread:

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Cheers mucker. 😉 The results of this grow are very encouraging and the most important thing is that I'm enjoying the process. The next grow will be 9 plants and if that goes well I'm buying another Mars Hydro FC-E4800 light and will double up to 18 plants.
Sounds great ,dude~Keep walking .
9 plants of soil or coco ? and nuts ?
I suggest U go with 1-2gals pure coco or rockwool cubes with "cropsteering " irrigation strategy , once u dailed in, u gonna kill it.
now, I have both coco and rockwool grows (feed 2.0-3.0ec),
I keep higher rh/temp from Veg to last week of Harvest(80F/70-75%Humid) , so I can hit more nuts and get morehugh colas.
Mars Hydro FC-E4800 is 800w or 600w led light?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I suggest U go with 1-2gals pure coco or rockwool cubes with "cropsteering " irrigation strategy , once u dailed in, u gonna kill it.
I keep higher rh/temp from Veg to last week of Harvest(80F/70-75%Humid) , so I can hit more nuts and get morehugh colas.
Any photos of those colas using the technique described?

Cheers

Derbudd420

Derbudd420

I've got the lights set up this way because both the manufacturer and many of the channels I follow on You Tube say this is what you should do with this light at this stage. I'm not naïve enough to think that that makes it conclusive but with the greatest respect your opinion with the light seems contrary to what I'm being told? I have seen videos where growers keep the light up much higher but most seem to have at a similar distance to me at 50% power? I have turned it down to 25% this evening though to see if it makes any difference so thanks for your advice.

I really appreciate your advice but you need to understand I am a novice and therefore don't understand some of what you've said. The water for my last two feeds was adjusted to 6.6 and 6.4 respectively. Are you trying to tell me that I can't mix the way that I have been feeding so far with the nutrients that I am yet to receive because one method (molasses and seaweed) is organic, and the Fox Farm nutrients are synthetic? I'm showing my ignorance here because I really had no idea that was true! As for nutrients and NPK ratios, do I have to look for a product that is already 5-15-5 or can I make this up myself? That may sound like a really dumb question but I am a newbie. I live in a country where it is difficult to get nutrients and I can't find any on the Internet here with that ration.

Also, I don't understand some of your directions?

Could you explain the above in more detail please because I don't understand this bit? I'm waiting for the Fox Farm trio to arrive but you're saying they're no good to me right now?
Organic or synthetic are not your only options, synganic, a combination of both is what I do. Hp pro mix ultimate organic blend and GH maxibloom. That's it. Easy peasy

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

I'm going to stick to soil grows for the time being. Coco and rockwool doesn't appeal to me.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Yes I've done plenty of research on drying and curing so hopefully I'll get it right. I've got Grove Bags and Mason jars at the ready and will experiment with both. I'll also make a grow journal for my next grow. These photos were taken today just before I watered them for the last time. Lots of colours in the leaves now, including lots of yellow but that's a sign of all the nutrients being depleted isn't it? If you look at the the photo of the stems on one of the plants you'll see it has purple stripes in it. Is that normal?

20230827 101050
20230827 101106
20230827 101124
20230827 101135
20230827 101147
20230827 101208
20230827 101212
20230827 101217

Latest posts

Top Bottom