Please help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Myster21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's ur runoff ph? It's looking like a ph issue to me.

I might be a little slow here cause I'm not a dirt guy or organic.

And stop that cal mag. Of RO 1ml per gal is good

Myster21

Myster21

What's ur runoff ph? It's looking like a ph issue to me.

I might be a little slow here cause I'm not a dirt guy or organic.

And stop that cal mag. Of RO 1ml per gal is good
I don't have how to test runoff Ph. but i always make sure that the water is between 6-7. i will stop the cal mag, What about if i change from RO water to Bottled spring water. about ph, last watering the ph was 8.0 and i leave it like that because the guys on recharge website says this!!!!!!
WHAT WILL RECHARGE DO TO pH?
It will raise your pH initally but as soon as it hits the soil the microbiology will start to make carbonic acid to help buffer and regulate the pH to an acceptable zone.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't have how to test runoff Ph. but i always make sure that the water is between 6-7. i will stop the cal mag, What about if i change from RO water to Bottled spring water.
Water in means nothing... It's the buffering capacity and ph of the soil that will change what you put into it.

Best done when feeding but for the sake of knowing you can pour some water through and catch the water that runs out the bottom. Then test the ph of that water.

Myster21

Myster21

Water in means nothing... It's the buffering capacity and ph of the soil that will change what you put into it.

Best done when feeding but for the sake of knowing you can pour some water through and catch the water that runs out the bottom. Then test the ph of that water.
they guys Nature living soil also says that you should runoff the water of your fabric pot, that will kill the micro organism in the soil. im new in this my friend, im doing what i can during this journey. now i feel im going to lose my plants. this sucks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they guys Nature living soil also says that you should runoff the water of your fabric pot, that will kill the micro organism in the soil. im new in this my friend, im doing what i can during this journey. now i feel im going to lose my plants. this sucks
I get it and yes you don't usually do that. But you do when you are in soil using inorganic salts because you have to in order to prevent a nutrient buildup.

Trust me you need to know and if it's as I suspect the ph level will do alot more harm to your microbes then some runoff will even in inorganic grows you have microbes. They will bounce back as long as conditions are hospitable. Ph being one of those.

It sucks bro but it's not wasted if you learn from it. You really should not mix organic and inorganic nutrients.

Myster21

Myster21

@Aqua Man this may sound stupid for you but i have to ask.... Should i Run clear water trough my plants until all i see coming from the bottom is just clean water??? this plants are in fabric pots

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man this may sound stupid for you but i have to ask.... Should i Run clear water trough my plants until all i see coming from the bottom is just clean water??? this plants are in fabric pots
I can't answer that until we know the ph of the run off. Just enough water to get enough runoff to test for now.

Do you have a ppm meter also?

And no not a stupid question at all

Myster21

Myster21

I can't answer that until we know the ph of the run off. Just enough water to get enough runoff to test for now.

Do you have a ppm meter also?

And no not a stupid question at all
No, i don't have a ppm meter. all i can do now its wait and watch my plants drinks all the water i give them yesterday. test runoff water Ph next time. then if the plants still alive, found how to feed them so i can harvest them.

thank you very much for your help @Aqua Man I don't have too much luck finding people willing to help. i wish keep contact with you, so i can fix y plants. can i?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No, i don't have a ppm meter. all i can do now its wait and watch my plants drinks all the water i give them yesterday. test runoff water Ph next time. then if the plants still alive, found how to feed them so i can harvest them.

thank you very much for your help @Aqua Man I don't have too much luck finding people willing to help. i wish keep contact with you, so i can fix y plants. can i?
Sure by all means. I'm not really a organic guy and new to soil so not sure how much help I can be but no harm in asking man.

I do have a decent understanding of soil and microbes though. More from a hydroponic side of things but very similar

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

If he’s been feeding 3ml of cal/mag per gal.... I’d say he is locked out also. I didn’t see that in the posts.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Cal mag should not be added to living soil. This is a lockout if it is nutrient related. Looks sort of like bugs to me though. Drop the cal mag. Scout for bugs. Water carefully.

Myster21

Myster21

Sure by all means. I'm not really a organic guy and new to soil so not sure how much help I can be but no harm in asking man.

I do have a decent understanding of soil and microbes though. More from a hydroponic side of things but very similar

@Aqua Man @cloudyhelads what you guys think about this? this can be truth or not? friend of my send me this text this morning

Not bugs. Specifically it’s calcium deficiency

Dry your egg shells for a few days. I use a coffee grinder to powder the shells, but simply crushing the shells up with a spoon also works. Then just cover over the shells with vinegar. Place a top or baggie over the container and let it sit. You should notice the bubbles go away in a day or two. You can test the solution, looking for a neutral 7.0. I just wait till it doesn’t smell like vinegar anymore, and then I stick my finger in and taste it for vinegar. No taste, strain the cloudy calcium water out, and then add it to a gallon of water with a 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt. Voilà organic calmag. I’ve also done this using oyster flower

Myster21

Myster21

He is right that its a calcium deficiency. But I'm not sure why he thinks eggshells will work if calmag isnt.. it's a lockout situation. No Ca is getting in until you figure out why its locked out.
Ok now i agree with this calcium deficiency, and i think the problems start with the RO WATER I BEEN USING DURING THE GROW. that water removed all minerals in the soil, i used CAL/MAG PLUS for the first time in 3 weeks of flower and only ONCE.
Iv'e really stupid. i even add CAL/MAG to my living soil. But i can't change that i need to find a solution to this.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I think that eggshells in the garden take months to break down into usable ca. There is plenty of ca in your soil. You e locked it out by over watering/over feeding. If your water going in is way out of ph range then fix it. Otherwise do not water to run off. That’s too wet. Do not add cal-mag or salt Nutes. Water with adjusted water and do it conscientiously so that nothing is drowning in moisture. Let things dry out a bit and don’t add anything. It’ll work itself out. The thing with living soil is that your choises are made before the grow starts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think that eggshells in the garden take months to break down into usable ca. There is plenty of ca in your soil. You e locked it out by over watering/over feeding. If your water going in is way out of ph range then fix it. Otherwise do not water to run off. That’s too wet. Do not add cal-mag or salt Nutes. Water with adjusted water and do it conscientiously so that nothing is drowning in moisture. Let things dry out a bit and don’t add anything. It’ll work itself out. The thing with living soil is that your choises are made before the grow starts.
Ph of the water doesn't really matter it's the amount of carbonate or bicarbonate that will alter or raise the ph of the soil and it's very uncommon to see this.

More common is the ph drop due to excess nitrogen and nutrient build up.

With RO a adding a buffer to it can be beneficial but if the soil is buffered and fed properly it should not be an issue and the soil will buffer the ph.

In this case you need to know th w soil pH to see if ph is an issue and I'm betting it is and its low. Likely 5-5.5 imo.

Top Bottom