Please identify . Found them on top of soil

• Thread starter Creativepatron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like Neoseiulus californicus to me, or another "benefical predator", I would leave them alone, if there not causing any problems.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Creativepatron

Creativepatron

Wrong, they will flat out mess your plants up at the sweet spot for the first round, as things get worse you won't be able to get clones to grow or get out of veg. THEY ARE FROM HELL!!!
Why I am not sure whether they are bringing fungus and injuring roots or flat out eating roots...however I do know that once they get ahold of your garden the roots turn brown , your plants can't absorb nutrients.
The first round you will notice a problem in late flower as in your buds won't finish , then if you can get a harvest it lacks flavor and potency.
I think I finally found the solution....I will keep you posted.
I did a transplant took pictures of the roots what you guys think??? Looks healthy?

E2BD9457 2224 43DA 8127 B0CB2EA61668
483BF246 4EE7 4068 9865 707453A3E848
B07951C2 6E93 400F B085 B9F3B5981B4F
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Spider mites
If they have antennae two antennas pointing out the front of their heads. You got root aphids!! Or some type of bad mite. The bad ones move slowly while the good ones move quickly. I think is a general rule to go by...get to looking at your roots. They look a lil beat up...rootbaphids will be on your roots. Look very closely, you'll see them more on the bottom and outside of your pots.

Creativepatron

Creativepatron

If they have antennae two antennas pointing out the front of their heads. You got root aphids!! Or some type of bad mite. The bad ones move slowly while the good ones move quickly. I think is a general rule to go by...get to looking at your roots. They look a lil beat up...rootbaphids will be on your roots. Look very closely, you'll see them more on the bottom and outside of your pots.
I was telling frankster he has spider mites . My images were to show you my roots . Pertaining your comment about Mites doing damage to roots

Freek1

Freek1

I was telling frankster he has spider mites . My images were to show you my roots . Pertaining your comment about Mites doing damage to roots
I really had a hard time with identification the last time these beast took over my garden...they stunted everything. The misidentification really hurt because I was treating for the wrong bug.
One great clue is that root aphids have those long spindly back legs. Bulb mites are very confusing because in their larval stage they have 6 legs... they are clear and have these spiky hairs . The move so slow that you have to stare in 30 intervals to see them move.
diagnosis is everything .
Bulb mites will fuck you up because about the time when every thing should be huge and sticky , they are dry and stunted.
The number one telltale sign after 2 rounds of these fuckers were purple pinkish hairs indicating a phosphorus deficiency with me adding plenty of fertilizer. This evolves into lack of vigor , reduced harvest and hay smelling buds.

Freek1

Freek1

In addition ...these are basically root scabies. The traditional cure for scabies is sulfur cream. The newer cure is perithium do to it taking them out quicker and fucking up the eggs.
The only reason I haven't hit my plants with perithium is to give the roots a break ...I beat the hell out of them with orange oil.
I think the only real good use for oils is perimeter defense they seem to fuck up the plant on the leaves an root zone.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Not to be an ass! But THEY'RE ROOT APHIDS!! i have them too.in the begining i thought oh what a nice surprize something to kill my fungus gnat larvae....dont come talkin shit...theyre ROOT APHIDS OR A BAD MITE...THEY MOVE SLOW THEY ARE BAD...idgaf!! Again not tryin to be an ass...

Freek1

Freek1

They are hell man...had them for 3 years of frustration ...took everything down and they still survived. I read they will eat paper just to stick around...no fucking joke.
Research "bulb mites".
I am gonna start calling them root scabies...little fuckers.
I think I might have killed mine or least got them under control..it's a happy day.
PS don't use Imid...somehow it makes them lay more eggs. WTF!!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

They are hell man...had them for 3 years of frustration ...took everything down and they still survived. I read they will eat paper just to stick around...no fucking joke.
Research "bulb mites".
I am gonna start calling them root scabies...little fuckers.
I think I might have killed mine or least got them under control..it's a happy day.
PS don't use Imid...somehow it makes them lay more eggs. WTF!!
Im thinking 99 alcohol. @mimedman he dealt with them and went crazy over them too....over the top hard to get rid off...im thinking tear everything down....the place i live in is condusive to pest development!!!

Im going to stick it out do an experiment/s and see what can be done if anything at all...ill be getting rove beetles and predatory mites nematodes the whole fucking works.....sux is that winter is coming, yay, i get them next year too

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im thinking 99 alcohol. @mimedman he dealt with them and went crazy over them too....over the top hard to get rid off...im thinking tear everything down....the place i live in is condusive to pest development!!!

Im going to stick it out do an experiment/s and see what can be done if anything at all...ill be getting rove beetles and predatory mites nematodes the whole fucking works.....sux is that winter is coming, yay, i get them next year too

They arent hard to get rid of. They are hard to detect. Especially if you dont have great eyesight. The little bugs dont appear above soil at all until they have really filled the pot and they are like 1/2 a millimeter and can change color to camouflage themselves. At least they were white from the roots on the edge of the black nursery pots.

And the fliers looked just like fungus gnats to my inexperienced eye. I can tell now. Lol.

The deficiency the plants show looks exactly like a severe magnesium issue. Striped lower leaves rapidly climbing up the plant until they are all gone and it gets to work on the smaller and then bud leaves.

I had half yields for a year almost. And never saw a bug. Well recognized one. I was treating for gnats. Oops.

Live and learn right.

The treatment to be sure is imid. (Merit 75)

And the backup and can be used in flower is botanigard. But it might not get rid of all of them by itself.

I treated all my seedlings with imid and am pouring through botanigard once in the one gallon and once in the 3 gallon final pot. Also deep cleaned both rooms and threw away all i fected plants that werent close to harvest. Those i nursed a few weeks and cropped.

Freek1

Freek1

They arent hard to get rid of. They are hard to detect. Especially if you dont have great eyesight. The little bugs dont appear above soil at all until they have really filled the pot and they are like 1/2 a millimeter and can change color to camouflage themselves. At least they were white from the roots on the edge of the black nursery pots.

And the fliers looked just like fungus gnats to my inexperienced eye. I can tell now. Lol.

The deficiency the plants show looks exactly like a severe magnesium issue. Striped lower leaves rapidly climbing up the plant until they are all gone and it gets to work on the smaller and then bud leaves.

I had half yields for a year almost. And never saw a bug. Well recognized one. I was treating for gnats. Oops.

Live and learn right.

The treatment to be sure is imid. (Merit 75)

And the backup and can be used in flower is botanigard. But it might not get rid of all of them by itself.

I treated all my seedlings with imid and am pouring through botanigard once in the one gallon and once in the 3 gallon final pot. Also deep cleaned both rooms and threw away all i fected plants that werent close to harvest. Those i nursed a few weeks and cropped.
The don't have fliers...look I believe they have a symbiotic relationship with fungus gnats. I believe they catch rides with fungus gnats because they rely on fungus and decay as food. Bees get mites and transport them , this is not beyond imagination.
DON"T USE IMID , it makes mites lay more eggs.
Sulphur , malathion, pyrethium if you roots can handle it.
Sulfur kills every might even scabies in humans. These little fuckers due to them living in soil have had every pesticide we ever invented . Pyrethium knocks out eggs.
They use sulfur to keep the infestation out of bulbs, it always works but is less effective as a control.
Did a sulfur and malathion dip and it was the only thing that got rid of the crawlers...I am gonna follow with Met fungus and pyrethium once my root zone is healthier.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The don't have fliers...look I believe they have a symbiotic relationship with fungus gnats. I believe they catch rides with fungus gnats because they rely on fungus and decay as food. Bees get mites and transport them , this is not beyond imagination.
DON"T USE IMID , it makes mites lay more eggs.
Sulphur , malathion, pyrethium if you roots can handle it.
Sulfur kills every might even scabies in humans. These little fuckers due to them living in soil have had every pesticide we ever invented . Pyrethium knocks out eggs.
They use sulfur to keep the infestation out of bulbs, it always works but is less effective as a control.
Did a sulfur and malathion dip and it was the only thing that got rid of the crawlers...I am gonna follow with Met fungus and pyrethium once my root zone is healthier.

No root aphids burrow into the root and eat the nutrients the plant is trying to uptake.

They have no relationship with fungus gnats.

There is much misinformation here.

Everything I wrote about root aphids is from university and industry agriculture guides.

And the advice I took here was from an educated and experienced grower with a degree and a job as groundskeeper as well. @Dirtbag

Freek1

Freek1

No root aphids burrow into the root and eat the nutrients the plant is trying to uptake.

Everything I wrote about root aphids is from university and industry agriculture guides.

And the advice I took here was from an educated and experienced grower with a degree and a job as groundskeeper as well. @Dirtbag
Ok

Freek1

Freek1

They are not root aphids, they are mites.
Been dealing with this for some time because they were misidentified as root aphids.
I was trying to figure out what they were .
Finally got a positive ID confirmed by a big expert.
These are actually bulb mites.
I wish they were root aphids i would have solved them years ago!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I only read half a dozen posts and I'm not sure what's even going on in here lol.. Whew! I'll have to read the Op.

Freek1

Freek1

I tried to upload a video of these bastard and the file is to big.
These fuckers are clear, the larval stage has 6 legs which adds to the confusion.
Google bulb mites.
You will see what i am talking about and there is no recommended chemicwl treatment this far.

Top Bottom