Please tell me all is not lost...

• Thread starter Cdub97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got my liquid calcium today! Any reason to give it to a plant this late in flower? Wouldn’t have time to absorb and do any good would it?
No you don't wanna give em calcium close to harvest.

FourthCity

FourthCity

so by your logic...with all the screw ups...I should give it as long as I can huh? I know I’ve got about a two week peak window...so even 11 weeks on this hybrid could be very reasonable huh?
Not so much logic, more of an imaginary notion I've applied to growing that may have some correlations to reality. I would look at your situation like chopping means you beat the game and the results of the end product reflect what kind of ending you get. To rewrap my my earlier suggestion in this idea, chopping now would get you a decent ending but continuing to grow the plant risks a worse ending or even a game over. It looks like you have been lucky and the situation does not appear to have deteriorated. Based on your observations, what percentage of weight and thc did you see added during that time?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not so much logic, more of an imaginary notion I've applied to growing that may have some correlations to reality. I would look at your situation like chopping means you beat the game and the results of the end product reflect what kind of ending you get. To rewrap my my earlier suggestion in this idea, chopping now would get you a decent ending but continuing to grow the plant risks a worse ending or even a game over. It looks like you have been lucky and the situation does not appear to have deteriorated. Based on your observations, what percentage of weight and thc did you see added during that time?
Agree, with 30% amber I would have chopped already

Dan789

Dan789

Agree, with 30% amber I would have chopped already
I recall on post #45 that it was 30% milky...do also think the plants don’t look as fucked when shots are taken under white light (flash), this yellow makes them look done in...there’s hardly any fade visible.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I recall on post #45 that it was 30% milky...do also think the plants don’t look as fucked when shots are taken under white light (flash), this yellow makes them look done in...
I agree at 30% milky I'm letting them go longer . I don't think they look like they are in dire straights. Still a fair bit of green there they can use up.

Dan789

Dan789

The one question that has me wondering is what type of air movement is present, know it’s at the end, but haven’t heard or seen any comments about air movement/circulation. That’s the first defense to keeping PM and bud rot at bay. imho. Also any reference to RH? What are the conditions there?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I always wanted to experiment with ethylene... Maybe one day I will have enough space and plants to see the effects. I know ethylene speeds up ripening. Now what I don't know is what are the negative effects when doing so with cannabis. Can you ripen trichs to reach the milky high thca that we desire? Does it have any effect on thca content in doing so? I may just snip a low unripe bud next time and stick in in a paper bag with a rule banana to test... Think it may be beneficial to know in circumstances like this.
Here’s what I know about ethylene. Only certain plants are susceptible to the effects of ethylene, can be good or bad depending on crop.. for example tomatoes. They are picked mature but not ripe (green in color) and are then exposed to ethylene once at their destination to turn red so they can be sold in stores. Ethylene is only effective at speeding maturation if the fruit is already mature. So tAking a small immature tomato and exposing it to ethylene won’t ripen it. Now in the cut flower industry, ethylene is enemy #1 and will make blooms wilt and die very quickly. Taking an immature cannabis bud and exposing it to ethylene won’t do anything. It would have to be a mature bud but not quite “ripe” yet for any test to be successful.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here’s what I know about ethylene. Only certain plants are susceptible to the effects of ethylene, can be good or bad depending on crop.. for example tomatoes. They are picked mature but not ripe (green in color) and are then exposed to ethylene once at their destination to turn red so they can be sold in stores. Ethylene is only effective at speeding maturation if the fruit is already mature. So tAking a small immature tomato and exposing it to ethylene won’t ripen it. Now in the cut flower industry, ethylene is enemy #1 and will make blooms wilt and die very quickly. Taking an immature cannabis bud and exposing it to ethylene won’t do anything. It would have to be a mature bud but not quite “ripe” yet for any test to be successful.
Thanks for the info... So ripening bottom buds? Not that I actually want to do this as a practice it's more of a curious thing.

Monster762

Monster762

From what i see they are ok. Early on it looked almost as if water dropped on em n caused burn. Dont feed nothing let it feed on itself. I like to strip em down like that at finish. Flush is debated but i believe in flush. You dont want 30% amber trichs. Look for opaque cloudy trichs when you start seeing amber and /or collapsed heads chop. Pushing too far into amber can ruin bud if you want thc levels. But long as you are 100 no mold id just finish em n trim those spots out. Cause burned n bleached they wont be much. But everything around them is good. Dont chuck colas for tiny burn spots.
Day 60 of flowering. She’s ROUGH. Hardly any leaves left and most are all yellow. Watered her a little extra a few days ago. Will again water extra heavy tomorrow to make sure she’s pretty well flushed.

Took a few samples and quick dried it. Not that great...but it was a low down airy uncured bud. Hoping the big colas are denser closer to the tops.

I did want to say though that I’ve rigged up a nice system to use my 30x/40x/60x magnifier. I taped it to a microphone stand and adjust it over the top of the sample. I even managed to snap a few nice clear pics with my phone by carefully focusing it above the magnifier. It’s looking 50/50 clear/milky I’d say. It’s close. Pistils are drying up and withdrawing. Either way I’m chopping it in 3-5 days.
ok top pics here are opaqye could go a lil but not much longer i say. Lower pocs are glassy. Notice how tge top pics dont have that glittery shine. Thats opaque. Your in the window i would say 1week for high thc levels. Past that youll start losing and gaining other cannibinoids. Non psycoactive ones.

Monster762

Monster762

From what i see they are ok. Early on it looked almost as if water dropped on em n caused burn. Dont feed nothing let it feed on itself. I like to strip em down like that at finish. Flush is debated but i believe in flush. You dont want 30% amber trichs. Look for opaque cloudy trichs when you start seeing amber and /or collapsed heads chop. Pushing too far into amber can ruin bud if you want thc levels. But long as you are 100 no mold id just finish em n trim those spots out. Cause burned n bleached they wont be much. But everything around them is good. Dont chuck colas for tiny burn spots.

ok top pics here are opaqye could go a lil but not much longer i say. Lower pocs are glassy. Notice how tge top pics dont have that glittery shine. Thats opaque. Your in the window i would say 1week for high thc levels. Past that youll start losing and gaining other cannibinoids. Non psycoactive ones.
My opinion. Im no pro we all learn new things every day. Happy thanksgiving all be safe.

Cdub97

Cdub97

Gosh a lot to respond to here. Can’t remember what all. Relative humidity varies but usually is around 55-65%. Sometimes a little lower and I’ve seen it as high as 72% I’d guess. Got good airflow with a. big box fan on low.

How much added thc or weight have I observed in the time since deciding to keep going? Gosh it’s hard to say but I’ve observed quite a few spots that seem to have plumped and expanded. Not fox tails but stacking and building in healthy thick manner. Still quite a few white pistils but I know they’ll always be some well past peak window. I’d estimate totally subjectively at maybe 10-15% more weight. Resin? Who knows. It was so frosty before I can’t tell if there’s more. It’s really frosty.

SHIT on the calcium. I gave it a little. I watered all my plants in flower today with the recommended concentration of 1 teaspoon per gallon. So it probably got a teaspoon. Remember....15 gallon pot...won’t mean much surely. I also gave it some Sucanat and a low concentration of grow big micro. Today is day 61. I’m gonna go to 70. Nothing but clear water till the end now.

It’s barely got any green. Guess there won’t be much of a trim job other than sugar leaves lol!

Cdub97

Cdub97

I just took a BUNCH of pictures under a led flashlight. Look away! The horror!

Anyhow, what I realized after doing so is I can BARELY FIND those burn spots anymore. New growth has pretty much swallowed them up.

I think I’ve been hovering over and looking at this plant so damn much all the bud development is hard to notice sometimes.

9F4D0614 2F8C 4FD9 B92E A57BB934D04C
5DDFDDDF 2480 46F3 9D8E 61F5D3397747
F23975BA D8A7 4828 8C4F 34FC7A0F9ADF
9B6A4F16 63E9 4BE4 9E34 A73A82533C17
46086A6A 2A9F 4460 8492 2001EEA40D66
7A156FB9 DB4E 4AED 8C26 41C23CF4863C
CA725226 2838 48B3 931A 568711395DA0
EE2F97B9 2EE0 47F2 8AC2 BAD51483151A
6E1FB5B5 B12D 4845 AD55 6F1525C6B62F
627FF710 7FA6 4BBC A2E3 45AC646FECE8
Seraphine

Seraphine

Thanks for the info... So ripening bottom buds? Not that I actually want to do this as a practice it's more of a curious thing.
It would be interesting to see if it works. I know a synthetic form is ethylene is made, I forget what it’s called though and it’s probably not easy to get. fruit ripening like you said emits ethylene (not sure if one over ripe banana would give off enough ethylene) and exhaust from cars & farm equipment give off ethylene.

A.Swift

A.Swift

Here’s a few more I took under the 315 ceramic metal halide alone. Turned off the hps lamps. Looks awful in these...

you have bugs man looks like root aphids, if not i would test your run off because the foxtailing hermyish looks like over nitrogen to me.

Cdub97

Cdub97

you have bugs man looks like root aphids, if not i would test your run off because the foxtailing hermyish looks like over nitrogen to me.

I promise I do not have anything of the sort. Zero pest problems. Everything I did wrong was feedings over and subsequently under. It didn’t help that I believe this soil was hot begin with. It was that miracle grow organics soil in the black bag. I thought it wasn’t hot because they labeled it organic but apparently I was wrong and the Fox Farms stuff just cooked the shit out of it...eventually...it took a while to build up in that huge 15 gallon pot. You know to be honest I’m not sure if this is a 15 gallon at all. It might be a 30. I know it held 5 cubic feet of dirt. I can barely lift it dry and I cannot move it soaked.

Someone asked how long I’ve had it...it is a beast...I’ve been growing this plant since the first week of July from seed.

A.Swift

A.Swift

I promise I do not have anything of the sort. Zero pest problems. Everything I did wrong was feedings over and subsequently under. It didn’t help that I believe this soil was hot begin with. It was that miracle grow organics soil in the black bag. I thought it wasn’t hot because they labeled it organic but apparently I was wrong and the Fox Farms stuff just cooked the shit out of it...eventually...it took a while to build up in that huge 15 gallon pot. You know to be honest I’m not sure if this is a 15 gallon at all. It might be a 30. I know it held 5 cubic feet of dirt. I can barely lift it dry and I cannot move it soaked.

Someone asked how long I’ve had it...it is a beast...I’ve been growing this plant since the first week of July from seed.

understood, looks like you are very well ontop of it sir. Hats off to you, ive come to a place now where I would much rather start with an inert base and amend it myself to avoid this. Roots organics terp tea line is also an easy solution to this as well.

Cdub97

Cdub97

Closing in on day 65. I watered it with 5 whole gallons yesterday. As soon as it dries out I’m chopping it. Probably about day 67. It’s a crispy critter but tons of resin.

p.s. the animal hairs are my secret ingredient

2ED16C87 5D65 486F 8E18 F528DF068D49
17E6DB24 49DB 4745 B988 C1CBA92341C1
4C607396 0EE8 48B4 9F3F 73BF91DA50D3
31019E63 DFAE 4065 A400 E9B2CAD0A034
9C4EACB5 CFA9 4F5D A8EA D09BE07D91E7
1A1F5D18 53DE 4B95 B69E 3668579E72A8
7B32F172 B21F 4B64 8F9A FC5503D564AD
8AB71C6E 2FF8 48FE B8A9 25E7B2023DD8
04C08163 B37F 4FE4 B07D 1B34833E5C47
B90F5F80 3004 4F73 9FFF FA4CC58FFDC2
A62C211D F682 4B8C 9C25 EBA4E136598C