Plumber's First Coco Grow

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Day 84 & 53

I've been out of town the past week, wife's aunt passed away, but our boy did well in caring for the plants.
20191117 074639

20191117 074538

He texts and says the young plants have grown into the lights so II had him move the older ones out of the greenhouse to the swing set along with the seedlings as I still have mice/rats eating seedlings.

I think he learned more this past week than the previous several months. Some of that crap I've been sharing with him is finally making sense. He did well and I'm very proud.

I potted 5 of the Granddaddy Purple's and 1 Big Pipes this morning. Ground Pounders didn't fair well. With the cold I'm not surprised.

Psychically and mentally I'm about as rested as I've been in a long time. I really needed the break but happy to be home. And since I'm feeling this good it's greenhouse wrapping day and figuring out a way to catch runoff.

Time to put my work boots on and get started. I know I'm a week behind on all the awesome grows going on but I don't have time today. Tonight, after that greenhouse is done I'll take some time to catch up. Really looking forward to it!

Happy Growing!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Day 84 & 53

I've been out of town the past week, wife's aunt passed away, but our boy did well in caring for the plants.
View attachment 911257
View attachment 911258
He texts and says the young plants have grown into the lights so II had him move the older ones out of the greenhouse to the swing set along with the seedlings as I still have mice/rats eating seedlings.

I think he learned more this past week than the previous several months. Some of that crap I've been sharing with him is finally making sense. He did well and I'm very proud.

I potted 5 of the Granddaddy Purple's and 1 Big Pipes this morning. Ground Pounders didn't fair well. With the cold I'm not surprised.

Psychically and mentally I'm about as rested as I've been in a long time. I really needed the break but happy to be home. And since I'm feeling this good it's greenhouse wrapping day and figuring out a way to catch runoff.

Time to put my work boots on and get started. I know I'm a week behind on all the awesome grows going on but I don't have time today. Tonight, after that greenhouse is done I'll take some time to catch up. Really looking forward to it!

Happy Growing!

Nice! Glad to hear about your son. And i forgot to check but that package is probably in the mailbox. :-)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Nice! Glad to hear about your son. And i forgot to check but that package is probably in the mailbox. :-)
About 3 1/2 - 4 years ago a guy who grows for dispensaries crossed Chemdog with Brutus OG and produced several hundred seeds. He's in a "grow circle" with several others in San Diego and a client of mine is also a member. So he gives my client about a hundred seeds who gives me about 4-5 dozen in June 2017.

I planted a few the next day and harvested 3 females in the fall and several hundred seeds.

By summer 2018 the growers had pretty much filled their grow rooms with GG#4 and forgot about crosses. They're in business to make money so I'm the only one I know of working this cross.

When I got em I loved Chemdog and after tasting the first batch I fell in love with this cross. I had to look up Brutus OG. Never heard of it and I understand it's popular here on the West coast. Go figure. It supposedly has some Chem in its lineage.

The F2's were sativa a leaning pheno, the F3's were more indica. The F4's look to be more of a hybrid pheno. There was a lone sativa, runt that I pulled but otherwise this strain (Chemgopher OG) seems set.

Generally an easy growing strain. Has taken well to training and is growing well even with our cold nights (mid 40's). The parents were all grown inside for generations but this cross does well outside.

Both are smaller plants but I have had these to 7' in the ground.

Strong smelling plants! By a month old it begins and never lets up. I get wiffs of mine in the back yard from 50' away.

Heavy trichrome covering on buds and sugar leaves. Don't throw them leaves out. I dry and roll em up. Not as good tasting as the buds but does the trick. Gonna have to make some hash out of em.

Flowering seems to take forever. 10+ weeks to get em ripe. Worth the wait and nice tight buds.

I've been smoking this cross for months now and still enjoy the taste and high. Unusual, I burn out pretty fast on most strains. Exceptions being Super Glue, Northern Lights and now Chemgopher.

Of course any questions are always welcome.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

when u say...

I planted a few the next day and harvested 3 females in the fall and several hundred seeds.

does this mean they were possibly hermies... and now u are growing these? or did u get males and pollinate the females...
Had a male. Had 2 actually. Pulled 1 right away but the other was nice. If I'm not producing at least a few seeds what's the point?

I had a hermie in a pot but didn't save any seeds

I did have 2 plants several weeks ago put out 2 pollen balls each on lower branches, 1 on a leaf stem. Weird but they had just been set outside in this cold and from 16/8 to 11/13. Took em all of 3-4 days to produce em. Picked em off, let em sit away from the rest for a week and no more balls. They both look female. We'll see. I'm keeping an eye on em but it's been about 3 weeks now so not too worried.

I'vd heard that Chemdog is susceptible to hermieing if stressed and when I put em outside with such major changes I shouldn't be surprised if they do. So far all looks well and I have little desire to produce any more seeds of these until next year.

The hermie I had several years ago was no doubt brought on by being rootbound. Poor thing was in a 1 gal pot for 5 months on the patio by the pool and would dry out twice a day the last few months.

If I ever do get another I'll keep the seeds and see what I got. I've heard they produce fem seeds, I'd like to find out.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Days 85 & 55

Quick update (I screwed up on the days last time. Sue me).😂

Rain for the next few days so had to cover
20191119 151630

20191119 151728

Guess I'll do a SOG. The netting I have is a little on the small size so will have to pick some up.

I had planned on doing one in this spot in the ground this coming spring but this works. They're getting rained on but not in their pots.

The smaller ones are still on the swing set braving out the cold spell.
20191119 153424

There's also 7 seedlings, 5 GDP's, 1 Big Pipes and a Ground Pounder. No pics, they're set for bed.😯

I put all 8 in the greenhouse last night just in case it rained.
20191119 101934

I had to remove a shelf as the larger ones were almost hitting the ceiling. They look really good there but I have yet to set up a water catch/drain. As soon as I install it the ones on the swing set and the ones on the pan in the little greenhouse will be in there. I plan on using the entire West side for flowering cannabis.

The youngens are about ready to be flipped.
20191119 151327

I moved the lights around and have them set 4am - 8pm for the next few days. Gotta get some better lights.

Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, bush beans and basil all in Kratky bottles. I plan on filling as much of the East side with lettuce and bok Choi.
20191119 151709

The bottom is saved for potatoes, onions and garlic. I have to frame it and fill with soil.

Winter is officially here. I HATE winter/rain/heavy wind, etc. so with that in mind I'm smoking a little Tri tip.
20191119 155509

It was hard to keep lit, the coals, it's raining. I'm already lit.😜

Neighbor's on his way over. I'll get him lit too.😉

Every single day I'm more and more amazed by these plants. I never thought they'd grow this time of year and here I've got another set of seedlings and will be taking clones this weekend AND planting another few more seeds on the 25th. Amazing!

Happy Growing!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Days 85 & 55

Quick update (I screwed up on the days last time. Sue me).😂

Rain for the next few days so had to cover
View attachment 912012
View attachment 912013
Guess I'll do a SOG. The netting I have is a little on the small size so will have to pick some up.

I had planned on doing one in this spot in the ground this coming spring but this works. They're getting rained on but not in their pots.

The smaller ones are still on the swing set braving out the cold spell.
View attachment 912014
There's also 7 seedlings, 5 GDP's, 1 Big Pipes and a Ground Pounder. No pics, they're set for bed.😯

I put all 8 in the greenhouse last night just in case it rained.
View attachment 912015
I had to remove a shelf as the larger ones were almost hitting the ceiling. They look really good there but I have yet to set up a water catch/drain. As soon as I install it the ones on the swing set and the ones on the pan in the little greenhouse will be in there. I plan on using the entire West side for flowering cannabis.

The youngens are about ready to be flipped.
View attachment 912016
I moved the lights around and have them set 4am - 8pm for the next few days. Gotta get some better lights.

Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, bush beans and basil all in Kratky bottles. I plan on filling as much of the East side with lettuce and bok Choi.
View attachment 912022
The bottom is saved for potatoes, onions and garlic. I have to frame it and fill with soil.

Winter is officially here. I HATE winter/rain/heavy wind, etc. so with that in mind I'm smoking a little Tri tip.
View attachment 912017
It was hard to keep lit, the coals, it's raining. I'm already lit.😜

Neighbor's on his way over. I'll get him lit too.😉

Every single day I'm more and more amazed by these plants. I never thought they'd grow this time of year and here I've got another set of seedlings and will be taking clones this weekend AND planting another few more seeds on the 25th. Amazing!

Happy Growing!
mmmmmmm meat! I looked at something like that at Costco yesterday $75 Cdn, bought chicken legs instead $15.

Your green house is set up nicely and the swing set is an nice innovative way to utilize space and the equipment available. I have a couple of autos I'll need to put under something next season the swing set A frame looks like an Idea I can use.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

mmmmmmm meat! I looked at something like that at Costco yesterday $75 Cdn, bought chicken legs instead $15.

Your green house is set up nicely and the swing set is an nice innovative way to utilize space and the equipment available. I have a couple of autos I'll need to put under something next season the swing set A frame looks like an Idea I can use.
We have a Von's just down the street that marks down their meats 30% when they near their expiration dates. The Tri tip was on sale for $7.99lb minus 30%, otherwise we'd have been eating hamburger helper. Just kidding, we never eat that stuff but I buy a lot of the meat we eat there. Cosco has some really good quality meats but they charge for it, although the pork chops are usually priced within our budget at about $3lb.

Old swing sets make a great greenhouse. Usually not tall enough to stand upright in but easy to cover.

I've got 3 bathtubs I'll put along the West side of the large greenhouse and they too will have to be covered as I'll be running DWC eventually.

Never been this active in the garden this time of year. Usually it's only 1 or 2 days a month digging up spots and adding manure and tending the lettuce and spinach as needed.

Still 8-10 weeks before my first winter harvest. Next year I'll have to start in July so I have a Christmas harvest!

Just checked the weather and see more rain for next week. I sure hope that's it for a while as we're going camping in a few weeks, rain or shine!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
We have a Von's just down the street that marks down their meats 30% when they near their expiration dates. The Tri tip was on sale for $7.99lb minus 30%, otherwise we'd have been eating hamburger helper. Just kidding, we never eat that stuff but I buy a lot of the meat we eat there. Cosco has some really good quality meats but they charge for it, although the pork chops are usually priced within our budget at about $3lb.

Old swing sets make a great greenhouse. Usually not tall enough to stand upright in but easy to cover.

I've got 3 bathtubs I'll put along the West side of the large greenhouse and they too will have to be covered as I'll be running DWC eventually.

Never been this active in the garden this time of year. Usually it's only 1 or 2 days a month digging up spots and adding manure and tending the lettuce and spinach as needed.

Still 8-10 weeks before my first winter harvest. Next year I'll have to start in July so I have a Christmas harvest!

Just checked the weather and see more rain for next week. I sure hope that's it for a while as we're going camping in a few weeks, rain or shine!
The addiction I have right now is my grow room and I'm blaming you guys and this site for this new addiction. I used to grow by looking at them every few days to see if they needed water and I let my rooms slide into chaos. Since being here I'm spending upwards of 2 hrs a day in there some times more depending on what I want to get done. Then I'm on here seeing what more I can do and learning from you all. Wife still wants to ban me from this site lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The addiction I have right now is my grow room and I'm blaming you guys and this site for this new addiction. I used to grow by looking at them every few days to see if they needed water and I let my rooms slide into chaos. Since being here I'm spending upwards of 2 hrs a day in there some times more depending on what I want to get done. Then I'm on here seeing what more I can do and learning from you all. Wife still wants to ban me from this site lol.
That's funny my wife felt the same way. What worked for me is trying to talk to her about it. Run your ideas past her and ask her opinion then debate... She will be glad you have people to talk to other than her about your grow room lmao.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Stater Bro's for meat.... oh... there a meat shop... right here that's Great

n ceder and Grand

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Stater Bro's for meat.... oh... there a meat shop... right here that's Great

n ceder and Grand
I use to shop there all the time but found if we check the weekly sale papers we can save a lot of $ by visiting several stores and they're all within a few miles of each other. Food 4 Less is right across the street and Smart & Final has become our main store these days and there's a 99 Cent store next door. All are within 2 blocks.

There is a meat market on Mission in San Marcos that rocks but they too are expensive. Picked up a few pounds of their sausage with Jalapeno a few years ago. If it wasn't $10+ a pound we'd get it regularly.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Awesome addiction. Me too! Wives do not understand. You'd think they'd be happy we're not chasing them around the house trying to cop a feel, or maybe that's the problem? Naw. I still chase mine.😉

basscaptain

basscaptain

I use to shop there all the time but found if we check the weekly sale papers we can save a lot of $ by visiting several stores and they're all within a few miles of each other. Food 4 Less is right across the street and Smart & Final has become our main store these days and there's a 99 Cent store next door. All are within 2 blocks.

There is a meat market on Mission in San Marcos that rocks but they too are expensive. Picked up a few pounds of their sausage with Jalapeno a few years ago. If it wasn't $10+ a pound we'd get it regularly.
I do the same.... lol when i was in ca. i would buy a lot of meat at SB but on sale.... and alot at superor something like that .. out here I like shopping here for meat and I do it on tues cause they pay your sales tax if they think your OLD...:)

Ht food
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Looked at a leak through a ceiling this morning. It's the upstairs master bedroom bathtub/shower faucet. Tried to repair and it's been leaking so long I couldn't get it apart so scheduled for tomorrow morning which gave me time before my 10:30 appointment so came home and water.

Swing set
20191120 095220

Something is eating my seedlings. The one and only Ground Pounder lost it's leaves and a GDP was munched on.
20191120 095228

Story of my life.

The adults in the tomato stand are killing it.
20191120 095620

Took a close look and they seem to all be female.

As a matter of fact I haven't seen a male, at all. Awesome but weird. I expected a few at least.

Time to work. Sucks but pays the bills.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Looked at a leak through a ceiling this morning. It's the upstairs master bedroom bathtub/shower faucet. Tried to repair and it's been leaking so long I couldn't get it apart so scheduled for tomorrow morning which gave me time before my 10:30 appointment so came home and water.

Swing set
View attachment 912262
Something is eating my seedlings. The one and only Ground Pounder lost it's leaves and a GDP was munched on.
View attachment 912263
Story of my life.

The adults in the tomato stand are killing it.
View attachment 912264
Took a close look and they seem to all be female.

As a matter of fact I haven't seen a male, at all. Awesome but weird. I expected a few at least.

Time to work. Sucks but pays the bills.
game camera will tell the tell bro,i had something ripping huge holes in my beds last year,my oldest boy set his trail camera up in bottom garden and had 3 coons and a possum visiting,the one coon i didny get obviuosly trap smart had to go over 15 lbs,huge bastard,got all the rest,hadnt been back either,im betting on mice bro,if it wasnt raining there best bet is moth balls all around your shit,snakes cant even stand it,but once wet you have to replace,i even cut down spider activity under my mobile home years ago this way

illmatik

illmatik

Kudos @PlumberSoCal for inspiring me to set up my own kratky jars. I've got some basil, baby bok choi, mustard and romaine lettuce going!

IMG 20191118 112044 1

I'm a complete noob with growing anything and I went straight to coco with my ladies and straight to kratky with these vegetables. But I'm glad I did because I'm 100% all in on hydroponics. Watching the growth on these plants day by day is something else and I know I'm on to something when my experienced friends come over and their eyes get real big when I unzip my tent. 😆

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Kudos @PlumberSoCal for inspiring me to set up my own kratky jars. I've got some basil, baby bok choi, mustard and romaine lettuce going!

View attachment 912287

I'm a complete noob with growing anything and I went straight to coco with my ladies and straight to kratky with these vegetables. But I'm glad I did because I'm 100% all in on hydroponics. Watching the growth on these plants day by day is something else and I know I'm on to something when my experienced friends come over and their eyes get real big when I unzip my tent. 😆
Beautiful! I just planted 11 leaf lettuce in 6 2.5 liter bottles on their sides
20191120 180615

and 4 icebergs each in their own bottle.
20191120 180741

Made 3 for leaf lettuce and 1 for toy choi w/ 3 holes ea bottle.
20191120 180722

As soon as the seeds cooperate
20191120 180917

I'll fill it. I may just put seeds in baskets and start them in the solution. I'm using MasterBlend half strength.

I've been so busy these are some of the first pics of the plants on the greenhouse.

Cherry tomatoes
20191120 180630

Back row in black bottles are growing up past the next shelf.

Bush green beens.
20191120 180812

These have been easy but had some purples that didn't grow.

Spinach
20191120 180802

Best one. Other than the bugs it's doing okay. I need to work on the percentage of nutes for these and peppers.

Basil
20191120 180657

While I have a nice crop in the herb garden these taste better.

Since my 2 cannabis Kratky plants got munched I started another
20191120 180350

Tonight will be night 2. I caught 3 mice and am hoping that's all that was paying a visit. Traps are set, nothing for the past 2 nights. I really want to grow one in Kratky, seedling to harvest.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

game camera will tell the tell bro,i had something ripping huge holes in my beds last year,my oldest boy set his trail camera up in bottom garden and had 3 coons and a possum visiting,the one coon i didny get obviuosly trap smart had to go over 15 lbs,huge bastard,got all the rest,hadnt been back either,im betting on mice bro,if it wasnt raining there best bet is moth balls all around your shit,snakes cant even stand it,but once wet you have to replace,i even cut down spider activity under my mobile home years ago this way
Wife wants one for the driveway, might just order a cheap one and test it on the seedlings.😉

Top Bottom