All seedy bud, still awesome smoke.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Sunday morning
20191124 064304

The seeds were planted 3 months ago

This sativa leaner really has my attention
20191124 064321

I'm an indica lover. From that first puff of Humbolt 40+ years ago I've always preferred the high. But I also remember those Thai sticks from around the same time. Both blew away the columbo gold/mex dirt weed we had in abundance. Gonna have to make a few more seeds I guess.

The swing set girls
20191124 064740

Seeds planted 3 months ago. Growth has really slowed on these 4. All are 8 tops and were moved out of the greenhouse about a week and a half ago when I was out of town when the younger ones grew into the lights in the small greenhouse.

The young ones need to go in the little greenhouse.

Little greenhouse
20191124 070216

Seeds were planted 2 months ago. When I got home last week I didn't know what to do with these so I just watered and raised the lights. They've grown out of control with long stems. I really need better light but nada in the budget this time of year. I need the room for seedlings and will take some clones when it warms up today. With the cold front coming in it might take a month or more for the clones to root. I may bring a few inside the garage.

Only soil plant left (3 months)
20191124 070231

Burned her 6-7 wks ago with the MasterBlend mix. Gave her 1 small watering and she really perked up. Gave her another a few days later and burn. Had a few others in soil that grew like they were in soil and got pulled ages ago.

Another storm is on the way with 4-6" of rain expected. Starts Tue. Oh for joy. Today I need to figure out a water catch for the big greenhouse so I can keep the plants protected and some protection for seedlings in the little greenhouse as it's time to plant again. Gonna have to plant 2 dozen or more this time as last months were all taken by mice.

Just fyi for anyone new here, all are being grown in coco and watered (fertigated-MasterBlend hydro nutes) 2-5 x's a day. The more waterings the better/faster the plants grow.

If I find time today between work and football I'll put a tape on those in the stand and see how much they stretched. Gotta be close to 20" as they've more than doubled in height.

Happy Sunday & Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Do you remember how strong of a ppm the master blend was?
Got it here in my notes. Ran tests and all 3 mixes I use.

Full strength is 5.62pH & 652PPM
67% 5.74pH & 540PPM
50% 5.92pH & 396PPM

Starting filtered tap water is 6.98pH & 223PPM.

I haven't had to use any pH up or down and I do treat the water for chloramines with API.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Got it here in my notes. Ran tests and all 3 mixes I use.

Full strength is 5.62pH & 652PPM
67% 5.74pH & 540PPM
50% 5.92pH & 396PPM

Starting filtered tap water is 6.98pH & 223PPM.

I haven't had to use any pH up or down and I do treat the water for chloramines with API.
Wow that's weird!? Because when I mix according to directions at full strength I get 870 ppm with 100 ppm tap water???

It's 2.4 grams per gallon for the Cal/nit & the Masterblend, and 1.2g for the Magnesium, right?

Also it lowers my 8.9 pH tap water down to a beautiful 6.4 so I'm wondering how we're getting this huge discrepancy?

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Wow that's weird!? Because when I mix according to directions at full strength I get 870 ppm with 100 ppm tap water???

It's 2.4 grams per gallon for the Cal/nit & the Masterblend, and 1.2g for the Magnesium, right?

Also it lowers by 8.9 pH tap water down to a beautiful 6.4 so I'm wondering how we're getting this huge discrepancy?
Ya got me. I make up enough for 32 gallons, 76.8 gms of mb & cal and 34.4 epsom each in their own gal bottles. I then use either 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 cup of each to a gal. There's 16 cups per gallon hence 32 full strength doses.

I'll test again today. My meter is fairly new like 3 months old.

City water isn't equal nor are minerals within it. Temp also can effect readings. Mine were made at 75F.

None of that should effect it that much I wouldn't think but I'm no chemist.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you guys are wondering about the difference in ph it will be the amount of carbonates... If there is a discrepancy in ppm it has to be a measurement issue or something about the nutrients has changed

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I dunno? 🤔 are you on the 500 scale

I didn't buy it here but easier then logging in and out of amazon.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I didn't buy it here but easier then logging in and out of amazon.
I had one of those before I bought this latest blue one, it didn't work out for me but I'm pretty sure it's also the 500 scale. Pretty sure I still have the case of it here somewhere that's what jogged my memory

Actually it was different it was just PPM
Screenshot 20191124 125722 Chrome

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have to pick up distilled but will test. It can also be calibrated if needed.
Yup if your doing calibration you need to find out what ppm is used to calibrate it and make it accordingly. Can help if ya need. Also for most accurate I find using say 2-4 grams in proper amount of water cause idk about your scale but mine is a cheapy and I don't trust measurements under a gram to be as accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom