Plumber's First Coco Grow

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Beautiful! I just planted 11 leaf lettuce in 6 2.5 liter bottles on their sides
View attachment 912359
and 4 icebergs each in their own bottle.
View attachment 912360
Made 3 for leaf lettuce and 1 for toy choi w/ 3 holes ea bottle.
View attachment 912361
As soon as the seeds cooperate
View attachment 912362
I'll fill it. I may just put seeds in baskets and start them in the solution. I'm using MasterBlend half strength.

I've been so busy these are some of the first pics of the plants on the greenhouse.

Cherry tomatoes
View attachment 912363
Back row in black bottles are growing up past the next shelf.

Bush green beens.
View attachment 912380
These have been easy but had some purples that didn't grow.

Spinach
View attachment 912381
Best one. Other than the bugs it's doing okay. I need to work on the percentage of nutes for these and peppers.

Basil
View attachment 912383
While I have a nice crop in the herb garden these taste better.

Since my 2 cannabis Kratky plants got munched I started another
View attachment 912384
Tonight will be night 2. I caught 3 mice and am hoping that's all that was paying a visit. Traps are set, nothing for the past 2 nights. I really want to grow one in Kratky, seedling to harvest.

This system is very cool.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Beautiful! I just planted 11 leaf lettuce in 6 2.5 liter bottles on their sides
View attachment 912359
and 4 icebergs each in their own bottle.
View attachment 912360
Made 3 for leaf lettuce and 1 for toy choi w/ 3 holes ea bottle.
View attachment 912361
As soon as the seeds cooperate
View attachment 912362
I'll fill it. I may just put seeds in baskets and start them in the solution. I'm using MasterBlend half strength.

I've been so busy these are some of the first pics of the plants on the greenhouse.

Cherry tomatoes
View attachment 912363
Back row in black bottles are growing up past the next shelf.

Bush green beens.
View attachment 912380
These have been easy but had some purples that didn't grow.

Spinach
View attachment 912381
Best one. Other than the bugs it's doing okay. I need to work on the percentage of nutes for these and peppers.

Basil
View attachment 912383
While I have a nice crop in the herb garden these taste better.

Since my 2 cannabis Kratky plants got munched I started another
View attachment 912384t stt
Tonight will be night 2. I caught 3 mice and am hoping that's all that was paying a visit. Traps are set, nothing for the past 2 nights. I really want to grow one in Kratky, seedling to harvest.
totsie rolls,bro they freaking love them,and they crush into the bait trap real good,when i use peanut butter i take the cotton off a swab and shove that in the bait trap,they cant just stand to the side of trap and lick it off,cant help there selves and get a one last bite hahahah.
but seriously get a little bag of tottsie rolls and cram a little under the trap the only thing that ever got out was from the triple digit weather melting them,i had freaking rats bigger than cats in the city,that how id get them.
check out you tube were folk been making spinners in 5 gal bucket and drowning there ass

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

they are cheap now that every hunter uses them,my son has one with infared too them things get pretty high thec
Yeah they have, like $25-30. We've got motion lights and I told her I'd put a camera and recorder up but she's set on a game camera. If you ever figure out the fairer sex, please let me know...

I assume it's slugs/snails but they usually take down the whole seedling. I know, I've lost literally thousands of seedlings to those bastards through the years.

Although I love to hunt I have no private land I can hunt on and place a camera and our state government seems to think anyone with a pea shooter is a terrorist. If the weather wasn't so nice the majority of the time I'd of been out of here a long time ago.

I bought some aluminum wire screen to cage in my seedlings. I've battled ground squirrels, gophers, mice/rats, slugs/snails, leaf borers, leaf hoppers, aphids, scales, PM and a tomato virus. If I get that new purple weed killer I may just hang it all up.

Organic is the goal but too many organic pests.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

totsie rolls,bro they freaking love them,and they crush into the bait trap real good,when i use peanut butter i take the cotton off a swab and shove that in the bait trap,they cant just stand to the side of trap and lick it off,cant help there selves and get a one last bite hahahah.
but seriously get a little bag of tottsie rolls and cram a little under the trap the only thing that ever got out was from the triple digit weather melting them,i had freaking rats bigger than cats in the city,that how id get them.
check out you tube were folk been making spinners in 5 gal bucket and drowning there ass
Always use peanut butter. Never heard about the tootsie rolls. I bought a pack of large glue sheets I need to set and bait. Got em in the garage again. Those will get poison w/ peanut butter. 1/4 tsp per 1/4 cup pellets. Just enough to get them interested. Works like a charm and easy to find😯

Yeah, those videos are a hoot. If I had the time to make some of those gadgets I would. I'm racing frickin rain to finish the greenhouse that I've had for like 8 months. Such is life. It's up and working but still have too much work to do.

Personally I should just set up 1 or 2 nights with a .22 pellet gun and night scope and widdle down the population. Seriously thinking about it. Got our boy one when he was 10. Might even scratch that hunting itch, just no stew after😜

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just found this pic on another diary
20190531 154841

May 31, 2019. The Gopher girl = Chemgopher OG. She was pulled down by a gopher 2 days later.

I took 10 clones, 6 rooted and 3 grew well. One was exceptional and produced hundreds and hundreds of seeds.😉

This one could have been an 8-10+ footer. Seed popped early March. We had an exceptionally wet and cold spring and she and 3 others (another female half her size that gave me and hundreds of moth larve some good flowers, and 2 males, both eventually taken by gophers as well) weathered the worst of it and was really starting to grow.

Nice seeing this pic again. LOVE this site!

Moshmen

Moshmen

The addiction I have right now is my grow room and I'm blaming you guys and this site for this new addiction. I used to grow by looking at them every few days to see if they needed water and I let my rooms slide into chaos. Since being here I'm spending upwards of 2 hrs a day in there some times more depending on what I want to get done. Then I'm on here seeing what more I can do and learning from you all. Wife still wants to ban me from this site lol.
Right there with ya! Therapy at its best! So relaxing 😌

Xinmat

Xinmat

Hi fellow farmer, my suggestion is that your substrate, a good medium, is not up to scratch.
I get perfect results from seed to bud, using CANNA Coco Coir (I use the "professional" Coir, atm. However even the normal CANNA Coco Coir is by far the best I've come across, no dust.
I buy 50l for £17.00 for the pretentious Pro (lol), I've been successful procuring bricks of the said substrate, however, I prefer the fresh and sealed version.
All you need is to water for the germination of your seeds, I stick to the one I know & the results, I hand water my lil babies, may I suggest that you give it a go, I'm sure you won't regret it.
Good luck, happy budding, buddy

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hi fellow farmer, my suggestion is that your substrate, a good medium, is not up to scratch.
I get perfect results from seed to bud, using CANNA Coco Coir (I use the "professional" Coir, atm. However even the normal CANNA Coco Coir is by far the best I've come across, no dust.
I buy 50l for £17.00 for the pretentious Pro (lol), I've been successful procuring bricks of the said substrate, however, I prefer the fresh and sealed version.
All you need is to water for the germination of your seeds, I stick to the one I know & the results, I hand water my lil babies, may I suggest that you give it a go, I'm sure you won't regret it.
Good luck, happy budding, buddy
I pay $1.99 per 8 qts. I'm good. Thanks!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Oh my, it begins
20191122 160631

This is the first of 4, a sativa leaner that has my mouth watering. She's 11 weeks old, flipped to outside light 3 weeks ago, stretched some 15-20" (I'll resurrect Tale of the Tape this weekend) and suffered through 3 days/nights of cold and rain.

Expecting (hoping!) for some purple over the next 8-10 weeks. We'll see as I've never grown cannabis outdoors in winter.

This Chemdog/Brutus OG cross has a lot of color in some offspring. Red and red striped stems are common. Will it translate into a purple hue? Hopefully. Seriously doubt if the color will be a better smoke/med but it's beautiful...

Here's all 4
20191122 160136

20191122 160144

20191122 160157

20191122 160152

Still can't believe I've been sitting on the sidelines all winter long every year

Fun joining the party!

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh my, it begins
View attachment 913184
This is the first of 4, a sativa leaner that has my mouth watering. She's 11 weeks old, flipped to outside light 3 weeks ago, stretched some 15-20" (I'll resurrect Tale of the Tape this weekend) and suffered through 3 days/nights of cold and rain.

Expecting (hoping!) for some purple over the next 8-10 weeks. We'll see as I've never grown cannabis outdoors in winter.

This Chemdog/Brutus OG cross has a lot of color in some offspring. Red and red striped stems are common. Will it translate into a purple hue? Hopefully. Seriously doubt if the color will be a better smoke/med but it's beautiful...

Here's all 4
View attachment 913188
View attachment 913190

View attachment 913195

Still can't believe I've been sitting on the sidelines all winter long every year

Fun joining the party!

I have noticed plants with the stripey stems tend to be very potent and trippy.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I have noticed plants with the stripey stems tend to be very potent and trippy.
I really haven't compared the plain green to the red in quality, or even quantity. All has been great and I mix all the different plants together in the rolling tray. Purple just looks cool and cold seems to bring it out in some strains. I've been curious and hopefully be rewarded this winter. Hope so but either way after months of seedy bud I need some virgin. 8-10 wks away.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I really haven't compared the plain green to the red in quality, or even quantity. All has been great and I mix all the different plants together in the rolling tray. Purple just looks cool and cold seems to bring it out in some strains. I've been curious and hopefully be rewarded this winter. Hope so but either way after months of seedy bud I need some virgin. 8-10 wks away.
i do same shit,buy time i harvest and cure ,i have no damn idea what is what ,just mason jars of medicine hahahah,i cant keep nothing labeled,so i think just one strain,nope that dont work either cause when i get um sexed i usally start more seeds ahahah,just roll um and smoke um hahah

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

i do same shit,buy time i harvest and cure ,i have no damn idea what is what ,just mason jars of medicine hahahah,i cant keep nothing labeled,so i think just one strain,nope that dont work either cause when i get um sexed i usally start more seeds ahahah,just roll um and smoke um hahah
I'd really like to separate and establish a few of these phenos. That sativa is really nice but the only pollen I have is from more of the hybrid. Such is life. Next spring, if I can find the time and space I'll pop 50 of these and separate by pheno.

But yeah. Crush it up, put it in a glass bowl with a lid and leave it on the table. Makes life easy. Thai is in the lineage and could be expressed in this plant. It'd be nice to set that line and have on hand. I really like the taste and the high is well balanced. Day time or night this stuff helps me deal.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I also see a strong connection between purple pinstriping and potent plants. 3 of my strains right now do it, the violator kush, bubba kush and God bud. And they're all dank as hell. They are also the most fussy to grow though. It doesnt take much to derail their flowering potential. At least that's how my plants with that trait are.

Chester13

Chester13

I'd really like to separate and establish a few of these phenos. That sativa is really nice but the only pollen I have is from more of the hybrid. Such is life. Next spring, if I can find the time and space I'll pop 50 of these and separate by pheno.

But yeah. Crush it up, put it in a glass bowl with a lid and leave it on the table. Makes life easy. Thai is in the lineage and could be expressed in this plant. It'd be nice to set that line and have on hand. I really like the taste and the high is well balanced. Day time or night this stuff helps me deal.
Good day Plumber you have any pics of final product for the chem/brutus

Top Bottom