Pollen Sales

• Thread starter Urban Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I met a guy that had his outdoor pollinated by what he thinks was Automatic pollen. What a bummer that was... there will be a time when putting a HEPA over your intake will be good practice if not already good practice.

M

mazar1

I like this post fits right in on my program
I picked up two packs of the lucky charms an one pack of the ghost OG
(bohdi $ apothecary)
Both strains were sold out like country fest tickets.
I ran both strains many times before crossing them
With the ghost OG having that following brought on by the ORGNKID I picked the biggest stinker male with huge leafs an he the one
Right now I've taken that male building to the next level
With just the one cross the lucky x the ghost OG
I'm pharming 18 males
They are all 2 ft now an headed for flower
I will find the biggest stinker out of
18 males
If I am gonna be chucking I'm not fucking around.

Dunge

Dunge

I like this post fits right in on my program
I picked up two packs of the lucky charms an one pack of the ghost OG
(bohdi $ apothecary)
Both strains were sold out like country fest tickets.
I ran both strains many times before crossing them
With the ghost OG having that following brought on by the ORGNKID I picked the biggest stinker male with huge leafs an he the one
Right now I've taken that male building to the next level
With just the one cross the lucky x the ghost OG
I'm pharming 18 males
They are all 2 ft now an headed for flower
I will find the biggest stinker out of
18 males
If I am gonna be chucking I'm not fucking around.
How do you intend to preserve (secure) your pollen?
I strikes me as a very perishable product.

SpiderK

SpiderK

what might also be needed is some real testing. how is it stored and how long is it lasting. so peeps can set a standard that is reachable ..... and your not called out for bad pollen. maybe those buying it will need a window for using it.

it's hit or miss from what i've seen. @JAWS does every one of your pollen containers in the fridge or freezer produce seeds after storage ?

like this study i just found. they tested wild hemp and found cold storage DAMAGED seeds. many seeds can and do perform better with cold storage but not the hemp seeds. very interesting some of the findings. the study was for crop eradication but because of this they studied the germination process of the seeds ....

SpiderK

SpiderK

Longevity, Germination, and Emergence
of Wild Hemp (Cannabis Sativa L)
B.S. Kansas State University , 1970 Master Thesis

Storage Temperatures

After 15 months , wild hemp seed viability was relatively unaffected by storage temperatures. However, storage temperature had a great influence on germination, and germination generally increased with time. Seeds kept in cold storage had consistently low germination, while the germination of seeds stored at room temperature and natural temperatures was highly variable. :confused: :eek:

Seeds kept in cold storage would normally be expected to have high germination as seed dormancy would have been broken. Apparently, cold storage have to be exposed to higher temperatures for a period of time before they will germinate well. This was illustrated by seeds stored under diurnal temperature, where germination was low during winter but increased substantially when the soil temperature increased in the spring. In most stands during the year virtually no seeds germinated even when moister is available. Apparently, wild hemp seeds have an endogenous rhythm like that known to exist for seeds of other plant species. Salisbury & Ross (33) found germination of certain seeds appeared to be at certain times during the growing year, even though the seeds had been stored under constant temperature, light, and moisture.

Other studies have shown wild hemp seeds to be light and temperature sensitive ; reduced light and low temperatures enhanced seed germination. These mechinisms may have evolved to prevent all seeds from germinating at once and risk a stand falire due to natural occurrences such as late frost.

Wild hemp seed had a seasonal germination pattern. Maximum germination was in april. Germination was very low in july and october.

https://krex.k-state.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/2097/10626/LD2668T41972T85.pdf?sequence=1

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Longevity, Germination, and Emergence
of Wild Hemp (Cannabis Sativa L)
B.S. Kansas State University , 1970 Master Thesis

Storage Temperatures

After 15 months , wild hemp seed viability was relatively unaffected by storage temperatures. However, storage temperature had a great influence on germination, and germination generally increased with time. Seeds kept in cold storage had consistently low germination, while the germination of seeds stored at room temperature and natural temperatures was highly variable. :confused: :eek:

Seeds kept in cold storage would normally be expected to have high germination as seed dormancy would have been broken. Apparently, cold storage have to be exposed to higher temperatures for a period of time before they will germinate well. This was illustrated by seeds stored under diurnal temperature, where germination was low during winter but increased substantially when the soil temperature increased in the spring. In most stands during the year virtually no seeds germinated even when moister is available. Apparently, wild hemp seeds have an endogenous rhythm like that known to exist for seeds of other plant species. Salisbury & Ross (33) found germination of certain seeds appeared to be at certain times during the growing year, even though the seeds had been stored under constant temperature, light, and moisture.

Other studies have shown wild hemp seeds to be light and temperature sensitive ; reduced light and low temperatures enhanced seed germination. These mechinisms may have evolved to prevent all seeds from germinating at once and risk a stand falire due to natural occurrences such as late frost.

Wild hemp seed had a seasonal germination pattern. Maximum germination was in april. Germination was very low in july and october.

https://krex.k-state.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/2097/10626/LD2668T41972T85.pdf?sequence=1
Get the fuck out of here kansas weed sucks I hope medicinal cannabis is different like the part where your smileys are lol

SpiderK

SpiderK

hey i'd say the forefather are a place for history lessons. not many other studies on the topic using this specific plant .... & they say in the study, cold storage is great for most seeds ....

is it in a freezer, fridge, room temps ..... ? but these seeds have been stored at room temps since 1994 and i see green. life.

so studies are important.

Seeds 1

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

hey i'd say the forefather are a place for history lessons. not many other studies on the topic using this specific plant ....

is it in a freezer, fridge, room temps ..... ? but these seeds have been stored at room temps since 1994 and i see green. life.

View attachment 475385
I have seeds that have been to hell and back including a frozen over hell lol and are now in room temp storage so when I get a chance to poppem I'll report....

SpiderK

SpiderK

& seeds pop better in certain months than others. nature, simple but like this issue not all plants the same. running light indoor while the suns down & dark as the rays pound the roof then leaves telling them it's day outside. another stress issue not understood yet nature is simple ....

so this is also an issue found in the study.

JAWS

JAWS

what might also be needed is some real testing. how is it stored and how long is it lasting. so peeps can set a standard that is reachable ..... and your not called out for bad pollen. maybe those buying it will need a window for using it.

it's hit or miss from what i've seen. @JAWS does every one of your pollen containers in the fridge or freezer produce seeds after storage ?

like this study i just found. they tested wild hemp and found cold storage DAMAGED seeds. many seeds can and do perform better with cold storage but not the hemp seeds. very interesting some of the findings. the study was for crop eradication but because of this they studied the germination process of the seeds ....

the most important step in getting and keeping viable pollen is to clean it properly and dry it properly before storage. some pollen just has a longer shelf life then others, but if it's not cleaned and dried properly then that's the growers fault not the plant strain or pollen's.

i get a full year on most all the pollen's i collect and have used 18 month old pollen with decent results.

"CLEAN AND DRY YOUR POLLEN'S PROPERLY"

peace:)

SpiderK

SpiderK

so you have battled failure at the start .... ? that's why i asked, i KNOW you have tried this hundreds of times.

have you tried storing it at room temps in a sealed container ? wondering if dormancy via the cold is the only solution. at least worth a test along some in a fridge or freezer.

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

hey i'd say the forefather are a place for history lessons. not many other studies on the topic using this specific plant .... & they say in the study, cold storage is great for most seeds ....

View attachment 475385
I've had better results from February and March because April and may had more intersex "issues" ....just saying but ya of course I agree, studies are important.

JAWS

JAWS

so you have battled failure at the start .... ? that's why i asked, i KNOW you have tried this hundreds of times.

have you tried storing it at room temps in a sealed container ? wondering if dormancy via the cold is the only solution. at least worth a test along some in a fridge or freezer.

failure ahh ya brother i never had any one to tech me such thing's i just did and learned what to do and what not to do and i still learn today a decade after starting.

iv'e never kept my pollen's in the open except for getting it dried, after that it go's to the frig and i have never froze any pollen's.

i have opened a container and had nothing but green{ish} mold and clumped up pollen total lose of all the pollen, issue was i did not get it fully dried before storing.

this whole pollen thing is not a hard thing to be honest if ppl just remember this "CLEAN AND DRY YOUR POLLEN'S PROPERLY".

here is some shot's i just took for this post.
PICT0011
PICT0012
PICT0013
PICT0014

you see how this batch spreads like fine sand that's what you want your pollen's to do. this batch was clearly a thump tech batch because of the three piece's of debre in there. i pulled those out before putting the lid back on. there are a few containers in there from the first of last year but i bet it's still viable.

peace;)

JAWS

JAWS

so you do not cut your pollen ? it looks brand new .....

ya brother iv'e never and will never cut my pollen's with anything, i just don't get why ppl do that, main reason i suppose is to stretch if further.

i get plenty for my needs by hand collecting all my top pollen's, after i got what i think i'm going to need i'll go ahead and do two maybe three rounds of thump tech to get some extra.

there is no flour in nature so i don't i want to add any flour to my pollen's ether.

it looks brand new because it's not mixed and it was prepped correctly.

peace;)

SpiderK

SpiderK

so the container u showed us. lets say i wanna seed up one entire plant so that means your breaking the fan out lets say and dusting one plant.

how many times could you do that with what you just showed us in that one container. so we have some idea for sales or storage quantity. not a paint brush so you will have waste i guess. just wonder what you think ...... how much would you pull out ?

& can you just toss it back in the fridge ? how many times have you taken pollen out of the fridge & put it back in ? does it hold up bouncing in or out ? just wondering if a buch of smaller containers will be needed ....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I have it on good authority that chilled samples should be given ample time to fully warm before opening the container.
If opened too quickly, condensation may ruin the pollen.
I imagine one would dry or ensure there is low moisture before returning to fridge or freezer

Top Bottom