Pollen Sales

• Thread starter Urban Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I here there's a pic floating around with a late autumn outdoor male fully grown out a champ, so the story goes and the farmer slammed that male with organic nitrogen to attempt to reveg the male before the first freeze in order to clone and keep around well it didn't work but what happened next is what has started a contreversial folktale....this massive male began to form seedless kolahs from the tips of each massive branch, dank sensimilla if I may add. So these infertile flowers were cured and broke up and smoked, quite nice given the circumstances, so two seeds were found and grown out both clone only sensi plants aha by this time grandpa green thumb was cloning and these two plants exist today as clone only infertile plants that yet to produce seed.....
Anonymous

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

why would anyone buy mediocre pollen. The same reason they buy a Honda jacket to match the Honda motorcycle. Or the same reason anyone loves a brand, we can all disagree what is good or bad, but there is no denying people buy useless shit just because of the name. sad really but, I would gamble that a major seed company would sell more pollen and make more money than Joe blow would, no matter how good his pollen was. Now there is the exception of people who know and are educated on the subject that won't buy brands just because, But if some seed makers or breeders were selling pollen from a known cultivar a lot of people would bite, especially people who can't or don't want to flower a pile of plants. There definitely is a market for it.

Only issue I see is Viability.

Natural

Natural

maybe the answer lies in tissue culture..always thought males root quicker on average..maybe they would do well/better than their female counterparts
Include me in the not sure about the whole "for sale" pollen through the mail idea..it's so hit or miss, maybe it should remain in the between friends/trades arena.
I've always had problems with storing methods..so much that I just rely on fresh off-the-plant pollen.
Sure would be nice to be able to store it in some kind of suspension of some sort..dry rice and flour never works for me.

Natural

Natural

@HERBAL JUJU ..I'll answer you in public as for who I am. Hard working dude on the east coast..brought up to take no shit.
If shit ain't what you're serving..please enlighten me. Your comments sound like the common flame as did your other comment on a similar thread, berating "silly kids". So I get to spit back what your dishing out..felt shitty right? That's how you made us feel with your quip.
So add something useful or kindly step.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

I would never buy pollen. Id like to. Although i dont think any real seed company would give out their good hunted for males, so the people selling it would be like the guys selling oasis(i dont remember who BSBC maybe?). Shisters. If they can sell 100 10packs for 100$ a pack their lies would be worth it. How many idiots bought fake weed out of high times mag? I believe this post is almost asking generous breeders to pm him saying they have some bomb elite pollen. Although i do agree with him a closed group of chuckers who traded pollen and clones (living in the vicinity would be convenient, but i would mail to trusted peps) would be cool. I dont think any breeders who produce n sell seed will be selling their bomb pollen.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

It's happening. Few people are doing it. Have to be able to make sure the pollin is viable and proper storage. Let me ask u this. What would u pay for viable pollin ?
I would pay a reasonable amount(price of seeds). Especially if testers had seen good results and the seedbank had a good reputation.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Dont like the idea at all. I would NEVER buy it. There are too many variables with an random dude and something that is so perishable. Cool if someone does. But honestly, to show you have good, stable pollen you would have to breed a load of other hybrids, IBLs and others to prove the worth of the male. And at that point, why? you have a solid male for breeding YOURSELF. A lot of work to show his prowess then make minimal cash for the pollen? Maybe some folks would pay an ass load for pollen. Seems silly to me. Although not unlike dog breeding I guess. Didn't know we were there yet.

Peace

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

You make a good point, but not everyone is trying to make a super strain, if you see it from an average Joes view some people just want seeds, and you can go so far with chucking pollen from the same 10 or 11 beans over and over before you might want something different. I know a "proven" male is worth some coin, but that doesn't mean the others are worthless.

homebrew420

homebrew420

You make a good point, but not everyone is trying to make a super strain, if you see it from an average Joes view some people just want seeds, and you can go so far with chucking pollen from the same 10 or 11 beans over and over before you might want something different. I know a "proven" male is worth some coin, but that doesn't mean the others are worthless.
It sorta does. At least in my eyes. Cannabis as we all know is nothing like the many cultivated plants we have worked, these plants do not breed true and a crappy dude can RUIN a crop and the future progeny. Now by ruin, I mean he will impart nothing of value, generally downgrading the quality. But I will contend you are correct. They are not ALL going to be losers. I may have a different view on what a keeper is than the average grower.
Maybe not such a bad idea after all. I will let someone else do it though

Peace and Happy fucking New Year errbody

Top Bottom